Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Henzy, Apr 26, 2013.
"you will feel pain in your footwork if you don't wear any shoes"
Keep trying and learning the right thing
My form sufferes badly after I learned and tried the right tactics and technique, but it will improve drastically later on
Ready steady go
A very good thread! I like it very much. Nice and funny posts here.
My sentence/advice would be: > It's all about footwork <
"Don't stay still or be killed"
"Hit hard, hit fast."
Or "Play. Lose. Learn. Conquer."
Oh wait, is that four sentences?
EDIT: I was surfing the entire forum and I just realized I somewhat gravedug this thread. Sorry 'bout that.
"keep moving your opponent with angled shots."
That is, make your replies hard to take e.g. when your opponent does a cross court drop, you would send them straight down the line to the back court or when your opponent lob a straight down the line and your reply is a cross court drop.
this is the basic to start learning any tactical plan!
Me: "please sell my dozen of rackets and keep the money", *slowly closing the eyes*
Wifey: "........... where to sell 'em?"
Show them this is SPARTA!
Form a score list to improve on all aspect and later attempt moves which which the pro do like jump smash, sprawl to ground to receive smash and finally backhand smash(just for the ego)
"No pain, No gain!"
I noticed when I'm doing my homework off the court (doing running, drilling, cycling, weight training, chinese steps, rope skipping, wrist, arm, finger strengthening,etc) I have been able to upset advanced players pairs with combined 30 years more experience in badminton (having only played 2 years myself) and played really well, but when I'm slacking off due to getting busy with work and family, I haven't been able to perform to the best. I think the key is how far you would go sweat it off during practice, how much do you want to get really tired, would you go the distance to train hard until you're so tired and got sore muscle all over, then you could appreciate and see the difference it would provide you when you're on court^^
Hahaha.....I would say No Train No Gain......Badminton or any other sports is 95% physical and the remaining 5% are other factors related to the sport specific. However, we reach peak condition quickly if we push hard enough and it'll plateau off and start to slide down.
The pros have a timetable carefully prepare for reaching peak during the tournament. You have to find your own timetable to suit your game and improvement aspect you desire.
well if you don't get pain (sore muscles) on your body the next day then you don't train hard enough haha
absolutely! as an amateur I schedule my training and practice after I put priority on family and work, I mean we don't make a living from badminton like the pros so the motivation is totally different, what I do in a whole week could be just what a pro do in half day (some national team athletes could practice up to 8-10 hours a day), and I can also set a target for myself (what level would I want to get to) and what achievement could I contribute to my team and how far could we go up the table in the division/ranking for local tournaments/league, so everything is basically freedom for us to decide
my team is right now in the middle table (with around 50% victory margin) of the first division in our prefecture's amatuer league, we're hoping to at least go up further the top 3, then we could aim to go to the regional (several prefectures combined) tournaments but it's still a long long way to go as some of the regional top teams are really strong and a lot of them are semipros with better organization, system and facility(they are usually employed by the company who is the main sponsor of the club) and also they're really focusing in nurturing young players to supply for the next generation of players while our club is still somewhat independently and individually managed (team only consisting of friends )^^
here's a video of some of the top regional teams playing