Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by xsakurax, May 25, 2014.

1. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Why not convert him to singles player? Who knows he might be more successful as an MS player? If 2 MS players can convert successfully to XD players, it might just work out for him.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

That is plain impossible, considering his constant knee injury and late age.

3. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It will be Goh/Nur or Tan/Sze or the other way around.

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Its sad to hear GVS has decided to depart from TWK. You need two to tango and in doubles, if that doesnt happen then splitting up is likely inevitable. MAS badminton camp seems not going into a more better pathways as other then them, no other MAS MD pairs is within the world top 10 brackets.

Splitting wont improve the fortune of the current BAM MD dept. They, BAM, just cant accept how they are performing now. Pairing them with other new blood once splitting them up can or maybe cannot make things better.... No one will know. The reason for them to perform very bad rumors around that they have some issue between them.

Obviously we human goes through such issue but if you are having a relationship problem with your gf/wife/cat/car/handphone/ps4/quadcopter.......the national pride and honour is not affected for god sake in this case. In the case with these two guys.... it DOES. Unless you go inside the court, in the recent WC, wearing shirts which print jupiter or Andromeda Galaxy not MAS then very likely no MAS badminton fan will give a damn if you are playing like clown and make a gozillian amount if mistakes. Maybe its time, BAM include some intensive loving your double partner relationship course as to avoid such issue :):)

6. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

If only they could convert the match point in Rio.

racketman123 likes this.
  7. shooting stroke

I was like nearly going to prepare to jump from my house sofa for a possible celebration at that time.

Now, since that did not happen, my current worst fear is that, i dont know when i will get the chance to jump as i dont know when will that time will again come. This has badly affected my badminton life:) :)

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Aside from results and ranking, I think their popularity will take a hit as well.

Goh/ Tan's matches were always a hit with the audiences. In India this year, Court No. 5 was suddenly jam- packed with fans as they announced Goh V S/ Tan W K.

But Will fans be as interested in watching Goh/Nobody and Tan/Somebody? I doubt so.

samkool and Sundis like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I was on the edge for that point. The closest any Malaysians have been for their version of the holy grail.

10. shooting stroke

You can say that again bro...... So damn near.......

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I remember watching it with my friends, they said, "Do it. It is 1 million dammit!" after Goh/Tan took the first set.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What and only if the umpire on that day faulted their opponents when they were serving. :D

Btw, how will the rules take effect?

13. shooting stroke

No rules will take effects as they will bank in distributing the 1 milion money they won to the acc of those who involved helping them to win. Case closed and nice doing business with you.... see you in tokyo. :):)

14. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Its weird to think literally one point may have saved this pair

visor and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Personally I don't believe it would have. An Olympic silver is an amazing achievement. If they couldn't as a pair feed off such an amazing feat. Then they didn't deserve it in the first place to me. It shows how weak they are mentally. Their problem is clearly an inherent human problem between themselves and not what they have managed to do or could have done.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

16. shooting stroke

I think if this is a mathematic equation,

Win olympic = $$$, therefore
    $$$ = twk happy + qvs happy, if
    Twk happy + gvs happy = coach happy + morten frost happy, thus
    Coach happy + morten frost happy = BAM happy, since
    BAM happy = sport minister happy, when
    Sport minister happy = government happy, eventually
    Government happy = more $$$ to BAM
    More $$$ to BAM = pair safe :):):)

visor likes this.
  17. Master

Master Regular Member

Both of them must attended Denmark SSP as they're currently on Top 10 and also has been registered as well at Denmark SSP.

[​IMG]
    Converting singles into doubles makes sense but not the opposite way. The other option is making MD split into XD.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

What are the rules for transgender, say if both of them change sex to females? Then they will most certainly win every single SS, WC, OG etc...

19. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

Seems a weird one this one...

They're the two most experienced men's double players currently for MAS. Disbanding and pairing up with inexperienced up-and-commers is like giving up on title aspirations and just becoming vehicles for transporting the next generation onto the big stage. Not sure about Tan with his knee injury but Goh certainly looks like he's got some prime years in him... but starting again with a less experienced partner limits his chances of reaching his own maximum potential.

Oh well.. perhaps their new partners fit them better and that made their decision to split easier. I don't really see either of them as particularly strong mentors (questionable leadership qualities especially Goh) but could still turn out ok. 3 years until Tokyo afterall.

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i agree. i've never got a sense of leadership from goh or tan. their rallies play out like guess work.

the problem is i see no good options for anything. they're dead together and they'll be going through the motions w/ new md partners. bam should just stick w/ new young partnerships close in age and let them grow together, or put a 1 year limit on 'mentor' pairings. neither of the new partnerships have a shot @ a medal in tokyo, and that's what bam places the highest priority on.

i can see goh playing xd w/ an experienced partner who can lead him. they wouldn't be a medal contender but they'd be fun to watch.
    for twk i can't think of anything.