goin to the kedah open

Discussion in '2005 Tournaments' started by jug8man, Apr 15, 2005.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    New Straits Times » Sport

BADMINTON: Top shuttlers for Kedah Open
    By J.Naidu

April 15:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE country's top players have all signed up for the Proton Kedah Open badminton championships at the Sultan Abdul Halim Stadium in Alor Star on April 21-24.
    Lee Chong Wei, Hafiz Hashim, Wong Choon Hann and Roslin Hashim have all cofirmed their entries for the championships which offers prize money totalling RM40,500 for the First and Second Divisions.

The men's doubles should prove most intriguing as all the top pairs, including the veteran pair of Chew Choon Eng-Choong Tan Fook, will be in Alor Star.

All the top women players, led by Wong Mew Choo, have also entered for the four-day tournament.

The prize money for the men's singles champion is RM4,000 while the runner-up gets RM2000.

The winners of the men's doubles final will receive RM6,000 and the losing finalists RM3,000.

The women's singles champion and runner-up will pocket RM2,000 and M1,000 respectively.

While Division one is for national and senior players, State players who are Under-21 and players from the Bukit Jalil Sports School will compete in the lower division.

Kedah BA president Datuk Lim Teong Kiat said they expect a good turnout for the championships, considering the top field.

"Fans can watch the matches free of charge for the first two days while tickets for the semi-finals and final will be priced at RM5 and RM8 respectively," Lim said.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow! this is very sudden!

it turns out im going to the kedah open (april 21-24) !!!!!!
    hope to meet some of our fellow BFers there! (perhaps ants :confused: ) and it should be a blast of a trip.

i'll try to update this thread on highlights............ if i can get proper internet access........ but i might not be staying for the entire tournament tho. but fingers are crossed.

drop a post here or pm me if u'd like to meet up at the tournament site.

ciao

8man

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont think i will be there for the Open.. Its too far to travel to watch the Kedah Open.