Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh, I remember his name..

hehe, his name is uncle Max... :p

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You probably visited Vancouver when it was summer. Winter is very different ;) .

Your presence will add tons of fun :D .

BTW Sally and others, any authentic Sichuanese Cuisine S.F.? Chi ma la pa bu la :D :D :D

3. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Spicy

BTW Sally and others, any authentic Sichuanese Cuisine S.F.? Chi ma la pa bu la :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

>>You from Sichuan? Really talented players come from there quite often! YES, there is great Sichuan resturant in San Mateo. There are a few, but I really like a SHIOW TSIH place which is SAN TUNG food I think. YUMMY. Oh you got every kind of food under the sun here. You may return to Vancouver quite chubby. But Van's got alot of cuisine too. There are many Sichuans here so COME ON OVER!

Sally

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, you are right. :)
    Hehe, it was in 1991, i believe, when i visited Vancouver. It was during summer months, forgot exactly when, probably in July or August. Drove up there from L.A. with family. Wow, it's been more than 10 yrs. already but the memory is still vivid-sigh, very beautiful and peaceful up there. :) :rolleyes:
    Actually Seattle reminded me to some degree of Vancouver, esp. with the large pine trees... :rolleyes:

Yes, winter is probably very different up there, to say the least. I can only imagine how it would feel and looks like.. :p

#324 ctjcad, Nov 25, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    No, I am not from Sichuan. I am a mutant Guangdong dude :D ! Shandong cuisine is yummy especially with all the raw garlics:cool: .

>>You from Sichuan? Really talented players come from there quite often! YES, there is great Sichuan resturant in San Mateo. There are a few, but I really like a SHIOW TSIH place which is SAN TUNG food I think. YUMMY. Oh you got every kind of food under the sun here. You may return to Vancouver quite chubby. But Van's got alot of cuisine too. There are many Sichuans here so COME ON OVER!

Sally[/QUOTE]

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Chubby? I am a stickman :rolleyes:

7. GGManagement

GGManagement Regular Member

Merry Merry Greetings From Ggbc!!!

HI YA ALLL!! Christmas is HERE! Let's share the cold together and play badminton at GGBC Christmas and New Years Day! First, let us share our newsletter with you! Happy Reading!

With Warm Holiday CHEER from GGBC Management and Staff!! ;)

#327 GGManagement, Dec 12, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  8. GGManagement

Merry Merry Greetings From Ggbc!!!

HI YA ALLL!! Christmas is HERE! Let's share the cold together and play badminton at GGBC Christmas and New Years Day! First, let us share our newsletter with you! Happy Reading! :D

Ho Ho Ho from GGBC! We are so excited to have our very first CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR in our club! We hope those of you who might have an itchy urge on a cold winters night will come join us during the holiday season.We have many goodies and scrumptious offers to our members and guests for the holiday cheer! Check it out below and hope to see you at Christmas, New Year and all thru-out 2006 and beyond!
    Yuletide CHEERS from, GGBC Management and Staff!

WINTER ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Holiday Hours :
    Christmas Eve, Sat. Dec. 24 : 09:00 am – 06:00 pm
    Christmas Day, Sun. Dec. 25 : 09:00 am – 09:00 pm
    New Years Eve, Sat. Dec. 31 : 09:00 am – 06:00 pm
    New Years Day, Sun. Jan. 01 : 09:00 am – 09:00 pm

Winter Camp :
    Winter Camp is available! Classes convene for 2 week intervals
    of 4 days each week from December 26, 2005 to January 05, 2006.
    Classes: Beginner / Intermediate and Advanced Levels.
    Lessons: 1.5 hr prep and condition/1 hr lunch*/2.5 hr class-Total 5 hrs per lesson
    Prices: $180 member/ $200 non member for EACH week. (less than $10 per hour!)
    Stop by the front desk for more information. Hurry and apply now while
    placements are available!!

*students must bring their own lunch

GGBC Gift Cards :
    Can’t think of any gifts to get for your friends and family? Well, GGBC has the perfect gift idea for you! Show them how much you care about their health by getting them a 10 entry Guest Pass or Gift Certificate good for any GGBC products offered in our Pro-shop!
    “You get an exclusive GGBC Christmas present FREE (worth more than $10 value) when you purchase a Gift Card between December 20th – January 5th”
    These Gift Cards are good for any time, any event, and every occasion! No expiry date.

FANTASTIC NEW YEARS RESOLUTION MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL!!
    Do you have a New Years Resolution? How about getting super fit at GGBC for 2006?
    For those guests who join for annual membership between December 15th - January 31st you will receive a HUGE BONUS GIFT PACKET valued at more than $150.00 to jump start your year! Come on and join NOW to receive this exclusive offer only at GGBC!!

NEW MEMBER BENEFITS

GGBC is now offering MORE exclusive Benefits for our dear Members!
    • Reduced stringing fee to $12 (not including strings) for members only.
      Non Member is $14
    • 10% off G2 Birdies! Members ONLY!
    • Receive 1 month extension FREE on annual membership when you refer a friend to be a Member at GGBC. We want to show our appreciation for your efforts!
    • Members receive over 20% off regular coaching lessons so please sign up for classes!
    An Exclusive Holiday Member Benefit:
    • Members can bring in a guest for free on December 24 and December 25. (limited 1 guest per member/ per day)
    • Buy a 10 time guest pass and get a FREE Christmas gift from GGBC! ($10 value bonus gift)
    We want to make sure our GGBC members are ever so pampered so please take advantage of your members BENEFITS!

:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM GGBC!!!:)

With Warm Holiday CHEER from GGBC Management and Staff!! ;)

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Happy Holidays and Have a Merry Merry Xmas GGBC!

Regards,
    ANts

10. goldenbear

goldenbear Regular Member

Subprime mortgage ****ed me over so hard
    Looking for someone

Kanson, if you frequent this website and see this message, please send me a private message. Thanks!

11. GGManagement

Members bring in a friend Courtesy of GGManage!

Hello Friendies!

The GGBC Team wishes you all a Happy New Year!
    We are very glad that quite a number of our members took advanatage of our bring-in-free "guest promotion" last weekend to work off some off the egg-nog and turkey calories! Mike is so happy to see the new faces of the friends and families of our members, he is once again inviting all members to bring a guest this weekend to CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR TOGETHER!

This weekend, Saturday 12/31 and Sunday 1/1, any GGBC regular member can bring one guest for drop-in play for FREE!

We look forward to seeing you!

Fond New Year Wishes from GGManagement!

12. GGManagement

A Visit from World Class Player!

Hello All!

We have a good friend and World Class Player visiting from the Far East! His name is YAU TSZ YUK. He is originally from Indonesia and now lives in Hong Kong. His specialty is Men's Doubles and in 2000 his World Ranking was 23 while in 2001 his World Ranking was number 11. He has won the Sudirman Cup Championships twice. He will be visiting GGBC, guest coaching our Elite, Training and Junior teams as well as coaching our eager Patrons who have lined up to purchase classes from him. At night we would like to propose Challenge court from the days he will be here, January 19, Thursday, till February 1st, Monday. If anyone would like to come to our club to have a friendly challenge, you are most welcome to as he is eagerly looking for exciting matches to play. Mike and Jinsong will also be playing, with or against him, so GGBC will look forward to any players who would like to come and have abit of fun with these great players! EVERYONE welcome! :D

SEE YOU at GGBC!!!!

Regards, GG Management!

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Pardon me but when did he win the Sudirman Cup? Or does it refer to winning the division stages.

I believe he partnered Ma Che Kong previously and reached q/final of the world champs in 2001.

14. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Surdiman

He said in 2001 and 2000 and there were numbered groups divisions, yes, but I can't remember what groups or something like that. Thanks. Yes, please do ask questions! Do you know of him cos I've never heard of him and I find it incredibly difficult to pronounce or remember his name. Anyways, he's coming to GGBC today.

GGSally

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    In fact, he changed his name a few years back so Yau Tsz Yuk is his new(er) name. I found his previous name even more difficult to remember (and pronounce)!

We met when I was giving some coaching lessons for my coaching certificate. It was the one time we've had an opportunity to chat.

Hope you can deal with his lefthand shots:)

16. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Can never remember his name

OH!!! So you know him! KOOL.. ;) . He played at our club today after arriving at 10:30am, taking him to his Hotel, teaching our students for 6 hours straight, and then playing till 9pm! He was awesome to watch cos he is so focused but he must have been dead tired and he just kept on playing. Hope some good players will come to play with him cos goodness, none of them could even get a few shots in, but of course Mike can and had a fantastic doubles game with him! Very exciting to watch! Wish you were here!

Sally

PS, we are in the process of trying to choose an English name for him! Give us some choices everyone!

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ...........fred :p

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Is he the dude who participated in the district tournaments in 2002? The short lefty whose jump smash no one could return? Mr. Ng commented he was too bored and just had to let off a couple of huge bombs for relieve :D.

19. Peggy

Peggy Regular Member

hmm... let see..........

Anderson.. Brandon.. Christopher.. Darren.. Eric.. Federick.. Gordon.. Hugo..
    Issac.. Jonathan.. Kent.. Lambert.. Morgan.. Norman.. Ocean.. Patrick.. Ronald.. Samuel.. Ted.. Vincent.. Will.. Zen.. :cool: :p :D :D :D

20. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Name calling

Ocean??? :rolleyes: hmmm.. well, he did cross a vast ocean to get here. That's kind of cute, but he is actually quite shy, if you would believe it, for a name that would start a conversation. Yesterday he jump smacked someone right in the chest and he was so apologetic he stopped the game to walk over to him to profess his sincerity. But keep it comin' guys. I will print out your suggestions! I like Anderson actually but eventually he will be called Andy and almost every player in Szechuan is called Andy cos they all love Andy Lau!

Sally