Great Badminton Coach - Li Mao

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Michel Lethyon, May 7, 2017.

1. Michel Lethyon

Michel Lethyon New Member

After so many topics about badminton players, today let's talk about badminton coach, Li Mao (now Kawasaki Badminton Club Head Coach) The Legend Coach of Badminton!!!

He was also @Lee Chong Wei's Coach. No one can deny his super talent in teaching badminton.

Li Mao, Chinese first-class badminton men's singles player, former Chinese national badminton team men's singles head coach. At the end of 1998, Li Mao left Chinese national team. The following year in September, by the invitation of the Korean national badminton association, Li Mao began to serve as South Korea men's singles coach.

After being the coach of Korean badminton, two little-known Korean teenager - Sun Shengmo, Li Hyun competed strong rivals consecutively in 2000 Thomas Cup Badminton. In following years, Li Hyun has always been the main rival of the Chinese men's singles. Three years later, he defeated Chen Hong in Sudirman Cup, and won for South Korean team lost 10 years of championship trophy. Sun Shengmo was awarded the runner-up in Athens.
    After the Athens Olympic Games, the Malaysian national badminton team took legend Li Mao from the hands of the Korean.

After Li Mao being coach of Lee Chong Wei, the first men's singles Lee Chong Wei from a first-class players gradually to the top badminton master and become the same as Taufik, Lin Dan badminton super characters, the world ranking was first.

At the beginning of 2006, Li Mao back to the South Korean team and being the national team singles coach. In 2007 China Open Badminton , Korean player Park Sung-hwan knocked out very popular player Lin Dan in the first round, it was a quite hit around the world at that time.

In 2008 first around of Malaysia super tournament, his two disciples (South Korea Li Xuan a VS Malaysia Li Zongwei) joined the final.

In 2010 Uber Cup, Li Mao as South Korea men and women singles head coach leading South Korea into the final and 3-1 total score defeated the Chinese team, Korean women's team for the first time historically won the Uber Cup.

For more information about Li Mao:
    www.facebook.com/kawasakibadmintonsports

Attached Files:

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Rubbish coach with Rubbish values.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Is he still coaching in Korea?

4. event

event Regular Member

Li Mao hasn't coached in Korea since then end of 2010, when he moved to Indonesia.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Still in Indonesia? I haven't noticed him on the coaching seats of players. I know some coaches (noticably Rexy) have been moved around recently.

6. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I don't hear anything abt him here in Indo. Does he still endorse Kawasaki rackets? Or that was his own company?

7. event

event Regular Member

Well, the OP included a link to the Kawasaki Facebook page. That page has a Shenzhen address and the most recent picture of Li Mao there is from a few days ago so I'm guessing that is where he is currently based. I wouldn't know how long he has been there. It does seem a little odd to describe Li's movements from 1998 to 2010 and then not talk about the last 7 years, nor even mention when he took this present position.

8. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

LM is currently LCW's coach.

9. Michel Lethyon

As he said, he always has the heart back to his country. Now, he serves for Kawasaki badminton club as badminton head coach.

10. Michel Lethyon

Not anymore, Li Mao has left Malaysia already, and now serves for KBC. (kawasaki badminton club)

11. Michel Lethyon

Yes, I mentioned it already in the first paragraph. He is now serving for KBC. As I learn from relative material, he joined Kawasaki badminton since 2013. Here is an interview video about Li Mao in KBC of 2014 for you guys reference.

12. Michel Lethyon

Li Mao also has left Indonesia early, and already back to his country. He is in Kawasaki badminton club now.

As for Kawasaki badminton, it shouldn't his company, as I learned from Net, Kawasaki brand was established in 1915, world first carbon racket was created by Kawasaki in 1973. So I guess he just served there.

13. Michel Lethyon

He has left Indonesia in earlier time, that's why you didn't found him now in coach seats. :)

14. Michel Lethyon

Not any more, he is now serving as head coach in Kawasaki badminton club. You can find his recent movement there.

15. Michel Lethyon

Another keyboard man :-D

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

So that shenzhen address is his main coaching place?

17. Michel Lethyon

yeah, he has been in KBC since 2013. I heard that he and Kawasaki boss together established KBC.