Gwangju Victor Korea Masters 2017

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Nov 26, 2017.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

So what? As long there are long rallies, I am fine. The irony is that I hate three setter under 20 min. ;)

Michael V and DanNguyen like this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Even the superseries are no more in a month

and you still talk about old days.. i must be thinking out Loud.

How i miss RickyRexy back at the youth days..

3. DanNguyen

DanNguyen Regular Member

I also think that LeeYoo is the type to prefer a perfect defense. what I mean is that they do a lot of high lifts instead of trying too hard to turn the attack around with a push. I think in such a way they are not even trying to play the speed game with their opponents. It would be interesting to watch them play against Kevin/Gideon since this pair thrives on speed and they capitalised on the opponent’s push shot: usually Kevin is just so fast to pounce on any push shot that attempts to turn the attack

Michael V likes this.
  4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Its not irony if its 3 setter in 20minutes..
    Its irony if its 2 setters in 100 minutes yet players are just walking around, wheres the long rallies?

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Lee/Yoo cant even beat Ahsan/Hendra in big tournaments (and its not once). Dubai SSF, WC SF, AG F and there is 1 or 2 more and you think they can play Kevin/Gideon.

In Fact both will lose. Nothing to do with speed, all are fast players. Its because Kevin is natural front court player, LYD is not really. When he was young, he plays XD.

6. DanNguyen

DanNguyen Regular Member

I think there are plenty. At 2-2 in the second set, how many touches were that? It’s not all out attack or all out defense so i figure maybe it’s frustrating to watch for you. For me, i am learning the placement and how to prime to get a good attack turn. It’s a different style of play for sure but good to learn anyway (since it’s not like it’s possible for me to ever copy Sulkamuljo at the net)

7. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

But the irony there is that of all disciplines, it is in MD that there has been most domination of one pair with Kev/Gid taking 6 of the 12 SS titles and making 8 finals. Even WD has better diversity in terms of pairs that make an impact than MD. But I agree that WS is most interesting right now.

8. DanNguyen

DanNguyen Regular Member

maybe. Hendra/Ahsan at their prime was really good though. I cant really say which pair is better between Hendra/Set and Kev/Gid. Chill mate. I watch for the sake of learning and entertainment. At the end of the day, the better pair will win. I am here to compliment Leeyoo because they have really good defence and i think they will give great rallies against Kev/gid ultra mega aggresive plays

CIA-99, Yoji and Michael V like this.
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

But you have to recognize its not easy to dominate MD unlike XD. why? because its very stressful. Thats why i dont feel its domination at all. Its more like a tournament at a time for MD unlike the other 4 categories. Its fast so more emphasis on stability of minds and they dont have gifted physics like LCW/LD ( which would mean good is good).

10. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

What a jump from Hendra/Ahsan to Kev/Gid though. Kev/Gid still have a lot to prove in the big stages. They didn't proceed from the group stage of Dubai SSF last year IIRC, they stumbled twice against Boe/Mog in SC and didn't medal in the WC. I'm also just saying that I enjoy LYD/YYS game a lot more.

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Looks like something is always wrong when we praised the old guys. Something something old days.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How to counter Kevin Sukamuljo's speed -> A perfect Illustration by Sir Lee YONG DAE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stanleyfm and Michael V like this.
  13. TheNotorious

TheNotorious Regular Member

If LYD/YYS return permanently to the international scene, it will bring back exposure to the MD department. Seems like most people here only care about singles.

stanleyfm and CIA-99 like this.
  14. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes. Its okay . Even LYDYYS doesnt have any gold medal in Big tours. Dont try to overthink. ( I think LYD overthinks too much remember SF OG2012 and the last 4 points in the Final of AsianGames)

Just enjoy matches like minions..one tournament at a time. Whatever happened will happened. If its meant to lose 2 points , it will still happen many times not just in SudirmanCup or WorldChampionship or Denmark Open :)

Though i think Kevin has much more skills and more enjoyable and most importantly he is courageous. That point after 15-13 against MadsMads in Final. Always love that backhand smash especially if its flying one.

DanNguyen likes this.
  16. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I couldn't see anything.
    Also you remind me something with that YONG.

17. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

How did it come to Kev/Gid even? We were talking about the old days where rallies is long and fun to watch.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

See. here Sir!

[​IMG]

Michael V likes this.
  19. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I remembered how slowly un-peaking Lee/Yoo schooled Kev/Gid at home soil that time.

Michael V likes this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Lee Yong Dae's defensive touch is out of anyone's league.

Michael V likes this.