Has anyone experience with Gamma table top with electric tensioner like Gamma X Els?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by wguan126, Feb 22, 2017.

1. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Hello, I have seen people frequently mention Gamma machines like Gamma X-6 and 6004, but never once I have heard words for Gamma's table top electric machine such as X Els or Progression Els. Does anyone happen to have experience with these Gamma electric table tops for badminton stringing? Thanks.

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I don't own a gamma electronic machine but i know @Takamsda used to own a Gamma 8800 I believe. He might be able to offer you some insight on how it was. He's now moved on to a Victor C-7032N machine

3. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

4. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

I have Gamma X-ELS one. In general I am very happy with it. The rotational gripper proved to be unexpectedly really good. VERY quiet and precise. I am managing to make two similar string jobs with exactly the same ping which was impossible on the crank I had before.

You should note that the clamping system is not as advanced as in 6004. On 6004 they put their top quality self centering table and switch action clamps. I never tried them but they seem to be much closer to the systems in top brand makers. The quick action clamps in my X-ELS are not bad but needed some tweaking and even then they are not one hand operation as in top machines like the Yonex ones - the clamp bases kind of get stuck if pulled by one hand even when well adjusted. Surely they are better and more smooth than cheaper machines likes Pro's Pro I think. The racket holding towers have 3 knobs on each side (the ones that you use to clamp the racket) and they are very good at catching the string and, until you get a flow to pull the string up with the other hand away from the knobs, you will have the first mains consistently stuck on these :).

Still I think it is a very good machine and can recommend it without hesitation. Also it will not be a table top machine any more if you buy a stand for it :)

Check also Tyger machines, I think they have similar quality set up for less, but I might be wrong.

Chan1011 likes this.
  5. Takamsda

Takamsda Regular Member

Professional Badminton Racket Stringer at Noah's B
    @DarthHowie. I still have the Gamma 8800ELS Gen 2. They've Gen 3 and 4 out by now. Since the mechanism of the machines are different, atm Victor C7032N has one of the best tension unit. I am in love with it. I am still keeping the 8800ELS for a few rackets cannot be mounted on the C7032.

For Gamma you really need to look, they have different OEM factories and qualities do different. Easiest way to do is to buy a Wise 2086, also the mount is important. Best if you can get a fixed clamps.

Noah

6. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Thanks a bunch guys! Very very helpful!