He BingJiao (何冰娇)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

@Justin L Did u watch the match today?? what are your thoughts??

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, I forgot about it and missed watching any. Ah, not too surprised G M Tunjung beat her as I've seen her progressing into a fast attacking player who on her day can take on anyone, just not consistent enough.

Let's see how far GMT can go in this tournament, the MAS Open' 23.

As for HBJ, her form is cyclical, alternating between one good run followed by a bad one then good again, and so on and so forth. That's what I can't stand about her, and it's holding her back. Otherwise, with her natural talent, excellent technical skills, she should go far, even capturing a couple of major titles.

At age 25 now, I'd expect HBJ to peak any time . Hope she doesn't turn out to be another Tai TY, a nearly woman, almost there but just missing by a little bit time and again. For me, it'd be such a pity for HBJ is one of my top favourites, her natural, unrestrained,beautiful, free-flowing style, whether in attack or defence, creative, artistic, akin to "poetry in motion", to use Gillian Clark's pet phrase.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just finished watching the replay of HBJ - GMT match on Justfun. On the whole, HBJ appeared tentative, subdued, not moving very well, and was struggling to cope with GMT's raw speed and power for the most part.

In only two short games, HBJ was already looking flushed and showing signs of fatigue whilst, otoh, GMT's hard-hitting smashes from the back and fast clears to HBJ's backline coupled with quick intercepts and soft shots to the front court was catching HBJ off guard more often than not and sending her scrambling all over the court.

In G2, HBJ came back into the game briefly after another shaky start but in vain as the game drew to a close as the grueling effort took a toll on her , apparently.

Overall, a disappointing start to the new year season with a one-round trip in the opening tournament. Come on, now, buck up, He Bingjiao !