heads up : new forum software

Discussion in 'Badminton Central Announcements' started by kwun, Apr 24, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hello badminton fanatics,

in the next week or two, i am installing a completely different forum software. thanks to all of you, the growth of this forum has overly exceeded what the current software is capable of. the new software will be much more sophisticated and much better in terms of functionality and management.

i hope this change will be for the good of the forum. and i hope everyone bears with me during this transition period.

there will be a lot of change. there are two fundamental differences between the old and new software. the new software will be registration based. you cannot post without being registered. the new software also does not have thread, in other words, it is a flat world. this is less ideal in my opinion, but i hope we will get used to it.

i will have a preview in a day or two. and then i will start letting people registering.

please post any questions here.

kwun

2. Xia

Xia Guest

hey good luck, hope you dont make it too hard on us little people ;)

3. Nic

Nic Regular Member

BCBF Member
    Good and bad about this for certain people who like to post nice thing with their original ID and post bad things using a different id. Or, people who used others' id to post.

I prefer the thread, but anyway, it doesn't bother me much.

Looking forward to see the improvement. :)

4. BN

BN Guest

Kwun will there be a Badminton Chat soon?

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

So what is the criteria for enrolling?Do i qualify them. I hope so as this is my homepage. I cant stay without viewing this site. So pls do consider my application for enrollment.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not in the near future. i need to focus on one thing at a time, and right now, there are too many things to be fixed. however, if someone organizes a chat on another server, you are welcome to post the pointer here.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    anybody, and yogi, you are one of the most active and constructive contributor, i will have to have you on board, so please continue to support BC..

8. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Kwun,
    The new software is great. That software is being used by a number of boards and I believed that you can designated folks to be moderators too so that they can help out.

Great work!