Help with Stroke Please!!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Mason, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Mason

Mason Regular Member

Good feedback thank you

2. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Are you the best player in every (selective) club you play at?!

3. Zalmon

Zalmon Regular Member

Hell no . I used to live in US, but now Im living in Thailand. There are badminton clubs probably on every street in BKK. Unlike, in the US since its not that much
    popular there. However, I heard it started to gain the popularity.

Simeon likes this.
  4. Zalmon

Zalmon Regular Member

In addition, I dont know if you could throw a football, but I believe you could.Its the same motion as throwing a football. With your build (you are very in good shape and has plenty of power)you should start trying to clear without using the whole body. If your hitting technique (including grip, finger, contact point, position) is correct ,clearing baseline to baseline would be effortless. Then when your hitting technique is smooth, you add the kinetic chain ( from leg, throwing hip forward). Your stroke should be beautifully completed. Non racket arm is important, but let it go naturally. Otherwise, you will have one more thing to worry about. Focus on foot position and throwing hip forward then your left arm should be pulled naturally (like when we try to throw something as hard as we could , Chest will be opened, non dominant arm will be pulled back)

Mason likes this.
  5. Mason

Mason Regular Member

Thank you for these points, the funny thing is I was never good at throwing a football…. I always played receiver. I have built up a lot of strength over the years but my throwing technique has never been good in any sport haha
    I’m a work in progress lol

Zalmon likes this.