Hitting shuttle in the frame! Is that a crack?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Harish5301, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Harish5301

Harish5301 New Member

Hello!
    I am a beginner and Playing for about 5 weeks. I was playing initially with my friend racket. A week ago i bought my own. Lining ss20 g5. For last few days my smashes are always hitting the frame. A friend of mine said that if this continues a few times, your frame will break. I got so worried and stopped hitting smash. Just mlnow while examining my racket found a small scrath like thing in my racket. Is it a crack. Please help me i had to save lot of money to buy this. How to stop hitting the frame
    Please help me.

Thanks Screenshot_2021-02-08-13-15-15-570_com.miui.gallery.jpg Screenshot_2021-02-08-13-15-10-459_com.miui.gallery.jpg

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

This looks like just a paint scratch.

It's nearly impossible to break your racket by hitting the shuttle on the frame. I wouldn't worry about that. Hitting the frame still happens at higher levels all the time, don't feel too bad! Hitting the strings would of course be better, and working on your timing and hitting smashes at 60-80% max may help tune this in.

What will break your racket is hitting the ground, or especially hitting another racket in a swing.

s_mair likes this.