Hong Kong Open 2006: Day 4 - QF (31/08)

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by hcyong, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What a shame and disappointment...

sigh, well, what can i say...Taufik did it again...
    After i read this last night, i was abt to respond, but decided to reply in the morning instead.
    Personally, i think it's a shame and a real disappointment for him to act like that. I mean i understand if it was questionable, but it was still at the beginning of the match. Sure the call by the linesperson might be questionable and shouldn't be reversed, but it's still early. If anything, he should "suck it up" and play thru it. But i guess his lingering "trauma" from last week's KO's similar episode really bothered him.
    Sorry for LinDan, who must win by forfeit(how does he feel now??), and esp. the fans who really anticipated a great game but was "ripped off" by being given another walk-off by Taufik...:p :eek: :(

#221 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

IMO, there shouldn't be any blame going on..should be keep playing..

i understand your feeling and Taufik's, but IMO, it was still early..They hardly even played, and there was nothing at stake yet...Hehe, BTW, i was quite amused with your suggestion of having the umpire and linesperson replaced and re-start the whole match again...:p ;)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We've seen this before..esp. from Taufik..

I agree! We fans already give so much support and consideration for him, yet, he displayed the same old behaviors..Nothing has changed, heh??..:p
    The thing is, this has been going on for quite a few yrs already..Taufik has been, is currently and will be the "Spoiled" kid as long as he's in Pelatnas. And now probably in the whole IBF/WBF..:p :eek:
    I/we all thought Taufik has "changed" and "matured" after his Olympic and World Championship title, but i guess we were wrong..:p
    And further, this whole incident, by Taufik just storming off the court after only a few minutes of play, just because of a questionable call, if not treated *right away* by the IBF/WBF, either by punishing and applying disciplinary actions with behaviors like that, it will damage the sport. :mad: :(
    Imagine if this happened in the World Championship or Olympic event, how and what would that label the sport as a whole??..Or imagine if this was the World Cup event in the Final...:eek: :(

#223 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  4. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    a bad line call happens everywhere and everytime, sometimes its really a bad one, but sometimes its all about mentality and perception

if he doesn't care, simply quit the tournament, why bother going there?

sounds like a bad mood and excuse to leave the court

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The sad thing is, personally, I doubt he has his mindset in winning another title anymore(be it important/prestigious or not)..Now i/we all can see, all he does is just talk but later no prove to back it up..:p

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Does he really care abt wasting/not wasting PBSI money??..I think, if he could or if PBSI kicked him out, he wouldn't care either...He was like that before his successes(spoiled), but now with a "more powerful" father-in-law on his side, basically he can get anything he wants, esp. in Indonesia..Imagine that..:rolleyes: :p

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

we've, who followed his career, wondered abt that also..Esp. if incidents like these happened..:rolleyes: :(

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, personally, i know badMania has a neutral/un-biased approach; it's quite evident, esp. in his numerous tournament's previews/recaps..;)
    Yes, this incident touched quite a nerve. Cos it brought back memories of Taufik reverting back to his old-self, one that is prior to him being the Olympic and World Champion...:p

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:D :rolleyes: :)
    Seriously, it was still early though, nothing crucial at stake..If it's repeated over and over again, then Taufik has the right to be upset and possibly walk-off the court..I haven't seen the shot/call, maybe it was real close, but my guess is probably the linesperson was just as nervous, knowing the importance of the match, thus the sudden knee-jerk reaction..:p:D

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Concur!!..Esp. if you're the defending Olympic and World Champion..:p

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, IMO, it's still no excuse...linesmen are human & also make mistake...;) ..

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I concur with you..hehe;):D Fortunately there were also other matches to watch..

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, i know it's a "HOT" match, but what if the questionable call was against LinDan or Taufik's opponent??..would you support Taufik or his opponent over the bad line call??..:rolleyes: ;)

14. doublewings

doublewings Regular Member

Nobody would like to see something like this to happen, including me. On the other hand, do you think TH enjoys walking away from a match?

As I recall, the entire badminton team of a countires walked off a tournament because of bad line calls, can't remember which one though. So people may say TH's action is unprofessional. In a way, he is. But comparing to that incident ... So life goes on, and a few weeks from now, guess nobody will even care to talk about this, coz there will be WC and other stories will take the front pages.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Cheung, thanks for the "instant" news, as we have no web broadcast and were still waiting for all the matches' score to be updated when ksooi post the news...It's OK, you're still safe and i haven't/didn't notice any personal "over the boundary" banters..But not so fast though, we still want some pics(QF day) from you, hehehe:p;):)

#235 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for bringing that up, Dan...now i wonder, what kind of disciplinary actions will IBF/soon to be name WBF do in this regards?!?!If any??..If they don't have one, then i would wonder if IBF has the leaniest rule of any professional sports body in the world...:rolleyes:
    And as far as i remember, from all past incidents, i only recall the banning of Sigit for using illegal substance..Maybe in this type of scenario, they did it before, but they never publicly disclose it..:confused: :p

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

wow, a bit surprise with Tony's/Candra's defeat, although in a fairly contested 3 setters..Congrats also to Fu/Cai for the win...
    I posted a few days ago, that the KO was the "best case" scenario for Tony/Candra to win and hope they still have enough juice left; my guess is both of them ran out of gas, as noticed by the score in the 3rd set..I guess we won't be seeing a possible rematch between them and Kido/Setiawan...:p
    Fu's/Cai's next match against the MAS veterans will be a rematch of last yr's WC match, if i'm not mistaken?!?!..;)
    Nova/Natsir also escaped a tough 3 setters..:p

#237 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sure, life goes on with the upcoming WC as the next main event, but unfortunately no one will forget this incident(as well as many others) and most likely it'll be mentioned again in the future(most likely in the upcoming WC)..:rolleyes: :p :eek:

#238 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2006
  19. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Cai/Fu is like this: if you cannot survive their crazy attack, you are dead. But if you can (that's how Candra/Sigit beated Cai/Fu), or if you can keep attacking (that's how Chan/Koo beated Cai/Fu), you will have good chance to win. I think Tony/Candra is too old to keep attacking. And I have to say Tony's defense is not as good as Sigit's. In KO final he already was the target of the Koreans and did gave out many points, while Candra was steady as a rock. Anyway, I think Cai/Fu is in their top form this year. They should grab the chance and do something in the coming WC.

I think Cai/Fu lost to Chan/Koo in last years WC. And CTF was paired with CCE then, so not a rematch.

20. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

LD is indirectly talking about he himself in Malaysia Open.