How do FZ Forza Rackets Compare to other Brands (Yonex/Victor etc)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daniel2207, Jun 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

2. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

I must admit that my review of Forza Light 9 racket in this thread is incorrect. The fact is, that the racket I reviewed (and played already 6 months) is not a Light 9 model, but some other model painted as Light 9. I know for shure, because i have 1 real Light 9 at home (brocken in shipping). The racket is 97g and head weight is 44, so it has almost exactly same swingweight as my vtzfii.

I asked Forza customer service, they say it is production glitch and offered to claim refund/replace via seller, but I rather keep it. The racket is not bad, but nothing like Light 9.

3. ChrisMoon

ChrisMoon New Member

Compare between FZ Forza Power 988S and 999, which is a better choice for single player?

4. VeritasC&E

VeritasC&E Regular Member

I have played with neither of these but from the specs both are well adapted to singles. These two rackets actually have much more in common than what tells them appart: They are both for more advanced singles players rather than beginners. Both have very stiff shafts and are head heavy, and both are 3U.

Which one will confer you the greatest advantage depends on your style of play (and of that of your opponents). If you rely heavily on your smashes for instance, the Power 999 would confer you a slight advantage, but at a small cost in maniability. The 988S MAY be very slightly more precise and very slightly better at net play.

5. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

So I've had a chance to demo a few Forza rackets recently. 2 Precision 10000 (S and M). Power 988S (the Anders Antonsen Ltd edition) and Power 9X-290.

The easiest way to understand the Precision S, is that it is like an Arcsabers 11, with a longer shaft and a more aerodynamic head. Stiffness-wise, I don't find it much stiffer than my Arc11, but it might just be the long shaft that makes it a little more flexy. Definitely nowhere near a ZF-II kind of stiffness though.

Precision M is Precision S, but wih a more flexible shaft. Strangely it feels a very tiny bit more headheavy.

Power 988S is a head heavy and stiff racket. Aerodynamic is good. The head feels heavier than my past MX90.

Power 9x-290 is an interesting one. It has the same 290 BP as the Precision, but is clearly head-heavy. Don't quite understand how that works o_O. Also, unlike the Power 988, the weight is distributed evenly across the head while the 988 has it more at the top.

Now come the hard bit.

I love the Precision 10000S. For years I've been longing for an Arc11 with a faster frame. This one fits the bill just perfect.

But then Forza will now be releasing a Precision 11000 series, available late August. The S version comes in a beautiful matte purple colour.

3 months wait it is :oops::oops::oops:

Swat and VeritasC&E like this.
  6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Closest thing I can found to a Forza racket thread, so I'll just add to this.

Found a decent deal for 988F. Cheap enough for me to give it a go and I was pleasantly surprised. Even though it was strung with forza strings which felt like less than 20lbs, it still gave decent enough feedback etc.

Next test is to restring with my usual Aerosonic, but I might go for 24lbs. Currently I use 24 to 26lbs but starting to think I need to go lower these days after not playing much badders these days.

Also got an interesting (well to me anyway) mini racket comparison that I can do in the future.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

#46 Rimano, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Dave1011 likes this.