How many pairs of badminton shoes do you have?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mongoose, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hah...are you really sure about that, Kwun? Knowing some women, it probably got chucked out and a white lie was then presented... :D :D :D

I personally had a great many old favourite stuff which got lost when we moved. ;)

2. viver

viver Regular Member

Re: My biggest gripe about badminton shoes

When I used to wear those 'DragonFly' that non racquet foot big toe side would be gone in the first training session. The sole was also a good indication of your footwork. Since the rubber of the sole was not really of good quality, the parts you'd use to land and move would also be worn. It tells clearly if your footwork were properly used or not.

By the way, I have 3 pairs of badminton shoes. 1 currently using and 2 pairs still unopened. All of them YY, sorry don't know the models. They are all different and the one currently wearing is crap. The sole (side) opened after 2 months of play. I play only once a week. :mad:

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    power cushion 89

This new yonex shoes also tweak my eyes too

Attached Files:

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Comparison between SHB92EX, SHB95EX and SHB88.

SHB92EX
    I really like the design of this pair of shoes. I thought it was pretty comfortable, but it's a little narrow actually. This shoe is pretty light (2nd lightest of the 3!) and has quite a bit of cushioning. It gets dirty pretty fast unlike the SHB95EX. Durability wise, I used one pair for almost 9 months but broke another pair in 2 months!! Hmmm.....

Design of outer appearance : 9.5/10
    Design of sole : 7.5/10
    Grip of sole : Excellent
    Comfortability : 8.5/10

SHB95EX
    I also like the design of the SHB95, the SHB95EX is similar but not as nice though. This pair is the lightest of all the 3 I tested, enables me to move with more ease actually. More comfortable and not as narrow as the SHB92EX. Has quite a bit of cushioning as well. This pair is the "closest to the ground" pair I've tried.

Design of outer appearance : 9/10 (I will give the Japan version 9.5/10 though!)
    Design of sole : 7.5/10
    Comfortability : 9/10

SHB88
    I bought this pair because I really like the sole of the shoe! The outer appearance is pretty good as well. I also wanted to try a Japan pair of shoes and see if there's any difference. It's the heaviest of the 3 pairs I have (which is not much actually, deffinately lighter than the AR versions). It's the most comfortable of the 3, and is the "highest off the ground" which gives me a little more height! :p

Design of outer appearance : 9/10
    Design of sole : 9.5/10
    Comfortability : 9.5/10

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

here is a bigger pic with price

Attached Files:

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Looks flashy but i never agree that yonex shoes are the best! I firmly believe that Yonex are racket manufacturers and Not shoe makers. Adidasand mizuno over the years have been prof manufacturers who subscribe to the needs of teh customers.

for most plp who prac daily no shoe will come for more than 3 months. The left leg near the toe is bound to have a hole soon...

we wear yonex shoes because they are famous and we cant extend the argument that we extend for rackets(Most consistent).

I believe that Adidas shoes are way better in terms of cushioning and also support.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i agree with your comment as i too wears nike, reebok, head and never had yonex before. It is true that high end nike,asics etc are more durable than high end yonex. However, one good thing about yonex shoes though is that they are made truly for badminton so the shoe features is maximized for badminton. Where as nike and others are generalized indoor court shoes and not specific for badminton (with exception for tennis, basketball, soccer and other mainstream sports)

I have written to nike before about making a badminton shoes. They wrote back saying thanks but no thanks.

#47 cooler, Oct 7, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2002
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yogi & cooler,

i agree with you a year or two ago. but Yonex has for some reason gotten much better with their shoes than they used to. i felt that they used to just find some OEM in taiwan or china and have them sew in a pattern for them. but these days, their shoes have a totally different feel to it.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

sounds like i'm agreeing to everyone here today :) Kwun, i noticed that too. That's why i have eyes on two of the yonex shoes. Too bad these two are not available in north america.

10. modious

modious Regular Member

Yogi, have you tried the newer models like the SHB95, SHB88, etc? These shoes are more comfortable than the SHB92 or other Yonex shoes that I have. Perhaps Kwun is right, Yonex shoes are getting better.

I've not tried Adidas shoes before and it's not easily available in Singapore. As for Mizuno, I'm most likely going to try a pair from Japan, The ones in Singapore are not the Japan models and doesn't look as sturdy.

11. silentlight

silentlight Regular Member

student/programmer
    So what type of shoes are recommended on multi-purpose wooden gym floors, since that's what I mostly play on. I find that I don't get enough traction with my old DMX Reebok cross-training shoes, maybe they're just worn out.

12. zerochillnet

zerochillnet Regular Member

I have two pairs of proper badminton shoes .... a mizuno--- which sucks and a lotto--- the lotto one has a already made patch on the toe area... but any way when i buy shoes i normally buy non marking ones so i could play wearing any.///// i have 5 shoes i could play with:D :D

13. iwannaeatkimmy

iwannaeatkimmy Regular Member

i have one pair of asics gel something. i wanted yonex but the stores around here dont have em. i could order online but i dont really feel like buying shoes i didnt try on first.

14. zerochillnet

zerochillnet Regular Member

Yeah I never feel right about a shoe until i try it on first. The feeling of paying for a pair of shoes you've never tried on seems weird:rolleyes:

15. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    i just have a pair of Yonex SHB 55's.. theyre ok but i would like to try the higher models

are shoes cheap in HK?

16. Californian

Californian Regular Member

I've been using cross-trainers. They're wearing out, but the traction is still good on the artificial-surface badminton court mats. For gym floors, though, I constantly have to wipe my feet by now, so I'm looking for a new pair. I've always been partial to volleyball shoes, but they can be hard to find. Although I've never tried them, racketball shoes should work well too, as long as they're designed for indoor use.