How to string Babolat X-Feel Series?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by pejantan, Mar 30, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They used to, at least. The blue and yellow ones for sure (X-lite and Essential?). If they don't have any shared grommets for the tie-off then there's nothing to suggest either top-down or bottom-up for the crosses :)
    When did the most recent generation come out? I haven't seen any being used in a long while, and haven't talked about them with a retailer either. Maybe they changed all the stringing patterns since I last saw one, but I can't remember when that was tbh.

2. Babar

Babar Regular Member

I don't know when they changed. But I found an example from 2014 that already have the 0 share hole frame. (X-feel essential metricflex)

[​IMG]

3. LoaS

LoaS Regular Member

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Oval head shape?

That's 20 mains without Yonex loop, if I remember correctly. The tie off holes are the only shared holes. the lower ones for the mains, the more top one for the crosses. The shared hole in the correct side for the starting knot to start the crosses should be marked as well. The groves are not symmetrical, so it's important to start there. Doing the crosses bottom up, finishing. Done
    If you're not used to Babolat rackets, you have a common problem though.
    ALWAYS put some thin piece of string behind the strings covering the holes. That way you can pull away the blocking strings and easily get through that hole. If you forget about this once when stringing with a thick string at 13 kp, you'll never forget again. ;)

5. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

If the lower shareholes has a knot. Is it easy to do the cross on that share holes?

So you mean that starting knot can only start from one side otherwise it will not work?

6. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Other than the knots, there are no shared holes. The blocked holes can be hell, but if you remember to put in some sting underneath the blocking strings, it's alright. I wish Babolat would contact me to talk About some ideas to impove this. :D

Precisely. The groves on the Frame are not symmetrical, so if you start on the correct side, the strings will sit in those groves. If you start on the wrong side, the strings will sit on the outside of the frame while the groves will be empty. You'll probabaly be able to finish, but it doesn't work the way it's suppsed to be.

The last part is only true for the X-Feel rackets newer than 2015 (or something like that). I haven't seen the 2019 rackets yet, though. Babolat does some strange things sometimes, but they still make good Rackets without talking too much about technologies that don't make a difference. And you cannot say that they're just copying other brands.

fanfaron likes this.