HSBC BWF WORLD TOUR FINALS 2019 | 11-15 December (Group Stage-Final)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Dec 9, 2019.

1. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

hammered in three sets?
    that is laughable
    hahaha

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

My prediction:
    1. MS: 50-50
    2. XD: Zheng siwei/hang
    3. WD: chen/Kia
    4. WS : Tai
    5. MD: Ashan/ Setiawan

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

well, can also feel sorry for Endo. He didnt giggle compared to matchday 2, i think he is shocked and surprised as well. He has only won 1SS in his career but has to see Kevin acting like spoiled child heading into the showpiece Final..like F man lol.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...144033-A23C-47A2-9CC7-4F292234AFF7&d=20191215

upload_2019-12-15_8-51-1.png

Host China and archrival Japan will compete to hunt more than two titles in final day while Indonesia and Chinese Taipei have two and one final spot respectively.

IT'S CHINA AGAIN
    China secures mixed doubles crown in year-ending tournament for two consecutive editions. Watanabe/Higashino did their best to topple Zheng/Huang but too many mistakes by the Japanese pair despite they disrupt Chinese rhythm in second game with good tactic, not too many lift the shuttlecock. Thai duo also fail to reverse their defeat against Wang/Huang. An ideal final between world’s top two pairs, Wang/Huang have opportunity to defend their title against the shaky compatriots as they last did in Fuzhou last month. When Olympic Games is about seven months to come, more and more pressure for the favourites to maintain their supremacy unless it would be anti-climax in Tokyo next summer.

MOMOTA EYES 11
    The much awaited showdown in men’s singles nowadays considering an entertaining and high intense contest between these two finalists. Ginting is one of few players who often delivering deep trouble for the powerful Japanese, bagging four times victory of 14 meetings including the last one in Paris when Momota was extremely fatigue. The Indonesian disposed Chen Long in semifinal, dictating pace in entire match, pushing the tall Chinese twist and turn to chase the shuttlecock, obviously the Olympic Champion can’t do too much to stem explosive shots, misjudment several times, too late to anticipate, outright flop. Later on, two-time World Champion only had little problem in opening game before stamped the authority next to subdue Wang Tzu Wei, 21-17 / 21-11.

CHINA-JAPAN RIVALRY
    Former world champions Chen QC/Jia YF who regain world number one status are back into the women's doubles map, becoming serious contender alongside Japan and Korea domination recently. Home favourites were so proactive to demolish last year beaten finalists Lee SH/Shin SC convincingly without any chance for the Koreans to counter attack their fierce aggressive style, 21-15 / 21-9. Similar fashion displayed by Matsumoto/Nagahara to dismantle Fukushima/Hirota at deciding game, 13-21 / 21-17 / 21-9. An interesting final clash is projected whether Japan pair will score hat-trick in this prestigious event or Chen/Jia reclaim their 2016 crown.

ALL ENGLAND FINAL REPLAY
    Chen Yufei lives up the expectation for home fans, the Chinese number one who collected six titles in this season will seek another victory to end 2019 on high note. The strong-determined Chen outplays the off colour Akane Yamaguchi who had been struggling post JPN Open triumphant, a lop sided second game was the evidence when former world number one couldn’t balance her opponent speed, rarely to see her defeat in single digit scoreline. Waiting Chen in finale is two-time champion Tai Tzu Ying who redeems her group stage defeat over Nozomi Okuhara. When Tai meets accuracy, it’s very difficult for her rival to anticipate many deceptive shots. An exciting duel to follow whether the in-form Chen will repeat her sensational All England glory, the only winning of 15 encounters over Taiwanese darling.

MINIONS FALTER
    Japan second-ranked pair Endo/Watanabe really pose the gravest challenge for world number one Gideon/Sukamuljo, the Indonesians have not find exact recipe yet how to overcome the Japanese formula, losing twice in one tournament with same pattern, stealing second game then battered in final game, 21-11 / 15-21 / 21-10. Solid defense, fast interception, nice placement making the Minions scrambling plus too many uncharacteristics erros by the Indonesia pair. Fortunately, there's still Ahsan/Setiawan as last men standing for INA camp to rely on who outclass Lee Y/Wang CL in the match that look alike practice session. 5-1 head to head stats for reigning World Champions advantage, Endo/Watanabe must thinking hard if they would snatch MD title, one step better than last year outcome.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Hah! Then why Endo/Wata bore minions out and play Marcus exclusively?? Endo/Wata was even afraid to involve Kevin in any rally. Their defense and their disguise are nothing unless they only targeted Marcus who obviously not in form. And that's a winner attitude?:D:D What you say contradict your own saying lol
    Minions are smart to bore Kam/Son out just like Wata/Endo bore minions out. Why not Endo/Wata try play fast with both Kevin/Marcus together then not just playing single to Marcus. Can they? No I don't think so.

6. S Chandrasekhar

S Chandrasekhar Regular Member

Haha one game gave Endo gave as a generous donation to Poor Kevin for reaching semis this time. Last time they were kicked out out by Li/Liu :D :D Saw the next game mate? Again hammered at 10points. Even though the second game was won by Kevin i was damn sure that 3rd game they would get hammered :D :D

7. S Chandrasekhar

Agreed. But Endo/Watanbe never changed their strategy ever. (All the 7 matches they played). If you observe from the first game against Minions they were clearheaded that their defense is the best, unlike minions who show their useless speed against oldies Boe/Mogensen or someone who is not so fast.

Well, they targeted Kevin in his defense too. There were times when Kevin himself slept on court :D :D. It's not about Gideon not being in form. Thats the best Gideon can defend. He has become the soft target for many.

I feel sorry for Gideon though. Kevin too missed a lot of opportunities on the front, since Endo yuta made him sleep. 3rd Set when the score was 0-2 in favour of minions and then again when minions got quick point and became 9-13 and the 10th point was an easy shot where Kevin will sleep. Kevin should atleast learn the basic manners of respecting his elder opponent and not showing useless demotivating demeanour on court.

In their entire 7 games, tons of opportunities i can show where Kevin will miss or not finish front court play. Here is one which i uploaded:

This is BAC where they will get thrashed absolutely big thrashing handed over by Endo. I can show many front court misses. So it's not only poor gideon who is to be blamed.

#727 S Chandrasekhar, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ah.. you mean WTF last year? haha So what? Li/Liu got hammered even worse than Wata/Endo right?
    Wata/Endo is the best pair in the world. They should be made WR#1 soon.

Yeah sure, that's what called one dimensional pair. Nothing ever change no wonder they keep losing to many other pairs many times.
    They are lucky this is a very slow hall that favors their playing style. But good luck for them to never change their strategy ever even if they are losing. What a great creative pair. Salute.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You keep edditing and adding comments. Why cant you make it at once so I don't have to reply you multiple times?

Now you say Kevin is asleep? No wonder minions lost. No worries, I will make sure he wake up soon. They'll win in no time.

10. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

It's so funny to see KSS looks defeated before the game even started. he doesn't even look confident after winning the second game. where's the confident kevin ? where's that arrogance ? :D

Like I said before, they're one dimensional pair that wouldn't survive in LYD's era.

skhai91 likes this.
  11. S Chandrasekhar

There is a saying which goes as follows "Jack of all trades, master of none". Sometimes it's much much better to know to what your strengths are and play accordingly to them unlike the great dancer in the front court Kevin. Better to dance at front court rather than sleep along with your opponents. Opponents Endo/Yuta are excellent at sleeping no way Kevin can match them at sleep :) Due to Kevin's sleep he missed lot of opportunities at front.

Whether Minions will win or not doesn't matter for me. If they can rectify their abilities against Endo/Wata remains an unanswered question. Will Minions defeat Endo/Yuta in the same 21-11 manner bossing the game still remains to be answered, for they have never ever defeated any opponents like that :) :)

12. S Chandrasekhar

Ahsan/Hendra might expose the Japanese today due to their canny abilities and Hendra's unmatched magic at front. My heart though feels for Endo. He is in so many finals never managed to win one. Perhaps fortune can show some mercy on him today.

13. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    It wouldn't be that easy in this venue, remember that it was endo watanabe who beat ahsan setiawan on WTF last year.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Right.. now you are making senses. First you hate his dancing now you want him to dance instead of sleeping.
    Next time just say you dislike him that's enough. One sentence instead of a few paragraphs. No use bringing along other players names into it.

15. S Chandrasekhar

All the arrogance only comes against Li/Liu and other pairs :D Arrogance of Kevin was given a tranquilizer by the Japanese pair. Regarding LYD's era i don't think they would exist in the rankings itself :p :p They will have to sleep at home.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha you actually like Kevin's eh? Whenever he plays normally and respectfully you insult him. I get it now.
    Again you are bringing other players names into your charade. Well, unfortunately eras have to end. Now it's a dancing era.

17. S Chandrasekhar

Yes friend i dislike him due to his useless antics shown on court. Dancing = being more alert at front court like he always is, Sleep = Bored due to the slow nature of play done by Endo/Yuta.

What i meant in that reply was that Kevin should trust his strengths rather than going and falling for opponents strengths. I hope this clears things :D

18. S Chandrasekhar

Look you have got me wrong. As someone who loves badminton i would kick myself if i were to insult his gameplay. Never did i say that Kevin isn't good. He is one of the best at front.court in the present era. All what i said was the insults which he shows to other players. There are legends who are far better than him and have shown exceptional gentleness at court. Setiawan is the best example. Kevin though he is one of the best now, there are other's who are as good as him on front. I don't like the fact that he thinks himself as boss when there are others who are as good as him.

More than his front court dance :p I love his defense. Pheww it's as strong as anybody in the world. But it irritates me a lot when he makes fun of others abilities. Thats where he needs to get a big slap.

skhai91 likes this.
  19. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

expectations for the minions is certainly high, seeing that they are dominating the MD circuit for 2-3 years. they will be expected to contest every tournaments they participate. that's why there are so many postings here talking about their loss (or maybe it was the manner of defeat that trigger the debate).

ahsan/setiawan is a different case. if they have not been in good form this year, they might just retire. they have won almost every title out there, they have seen and experienced everything. i think the time they will feel nervous will be the Olympics (if they play), as they will want to overcome the disappointment in Rio.

20. S Chandrasekhar

Yeah but i am a bit worried. Japanese MD and finals, phewww they don't go well together. Always seen Japan faltering in the finals :( :(