Huang YaQiong (黄雅琼)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, May 27, 2014.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Here are the cover girl and boy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justin L likes this.
  2. RedShuttle

An excerpt of the magazine write-up is here: http://sports.sohu.com/20170426/n490832015.shtml

Fun with Google Translate: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://sports.sohu.com/20170426/n490832015.shtml&edit-text=&act=url

buibui2 likes this.
  3. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Man, HYQ is fine.. they look perfect.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think quarreling over badminton objectively is fine but if either one becomes too personal and hurt the other one's feelings, it'll be counter-productive or backfire. Even between coaches and players where the latter, being subordinate, is usually the one listening or taking in the message, things can go wrong leading to communication breakdown or even outright spats.

Communication is two-way to be effective, and an art, not many equals, superiors and leaders do it well.

My personal advice is never quarrel during play, no matter how bad your partner is doing, always be encouraging. If you want to , do it later after the match is over and in private, have a heart to heart talk, unless you want to break the partnership. My 2 cents.

6. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Ah fun with google translate. Here's I got one.
    Zhang Jun commented on this pair excellent performance lately.

张军: 现在、 鲁恺/ 黄雅琼有了质的改变、 明显成熟了。 尤其是黄雅琼、 她在场上会很定、 不管是被动、 落后、 对方给她施加很大压力的时候、 都没有太大波动。 鲁恺现在比以前出球更加合理。 他们发挥很稳定、 体能储备也很好。 之前在新加坡公开赛的时候、 面对风向的问题也解决得很好、 都证明了他们整体能力的提升、 希望他们能够继续保持下去。

Bing translator:
    Zhang Jun: Now, Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong has a qualitative change, obviously mature. In particular, Huang Yaqiong, she will be very fixed on the pitch, whether passive, backward, the other party to exert great pressure on her, not too much fluctuation. Lu Kai is now more reasonable than before. They play a very stable and physical reserve. Before the Singapore Open, the face of the wind problem is also solved well, prove their overall ability to enhance, hope that they can continue to maintain.

Google translate:
    Zhang Jun: Now, Lu Kai / Huang Yaqiong has a qualitative change, obviously mature. Especially Huang Yaqiong, she will be very fixed in the field, whether it is passive, backward, the other to exert a lot of pressure on her, are not much volatility. Lu Kai is now more reasonable than before the ball out. They play very stable, physical reserves are also very good. Before the opening in Singapore, the face of the wind to solve the problem is also very good, have proved their overall ability to enhance the hope that they can continue to keep going.

Which one you prefer?

#26 gelopisan, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. RedShuttle

They seem remarkably similar. With a bit imagination from the users, more or less good enough.

Here's BaiDu's take on it:
    Zhang Jun: now, Lu Kai / Huang Yaqiong has a qualitative change, obviously mature. In particular, Huang Yaqiong, she will be very determined on the field, whether it is passive, backward, the other side to put a lot of pressure on her, there is not much volatility. Lu Kai is more reasonable than before. They play very well and have good physical reserves. Prior to the opening of the Singapore, the face of the wind is also a very good solution, have demonstrated their overall ability to upgrade, I hope they can continue to maintain.

8. RedShuttle

It's very nice of BaiDu to also provide a key words list. Great for clarification.
    • 尤其是in especial; most of all
    • 在场presence; be on the scene; be on the spot; be present; on hand
    • 被动passive; passivity; unactive; passiveness
    • 落后backward; fall behind; lag behind; draggle; drop behind
    • 对方the other side; the other party; the opposite side
    • 施加exert; impose; bring to bear on; bring to bear; infliction
    • 体能stamina; force and skill; physical agility
    • 储备reserve; store; store for future use; lay in; hive
    • 公开赛open; open tournament
    • 风向wind direction

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's better for those who know Chinese to give a little interpretation or summary of the contents so that those who only know English can also follow the thread.

Didn't realise this before. That's very interesting and useful if you are learning Chinese.

You will need the Chinese version of BaiDu rather than the English version

https://fanyi.baidu.com/

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I was a bit surprised to see the makeup was rather subtle. I was expecting stronger makeup.

11. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

[quote uid=128547 name="gelopisan" post=2550033]Which one you prefer?[/QUOTE]<br /><br />It's better for those who know Chinese to give a little interpretation or summary of the contents so that those who only know English can also follow the thread.<br /><br />

Ah ok. Thought were having fun with these smart machines.
    Next time I'll do it, since this one quite short and the machines did good job, unnecessary for me to do the summary thingy.

12. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Aiyaa replying to myself instead of to @Cheung

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Lol.

What I find with machine translation is that it is very variable. Whilst a person who has fair proficiency in both languages can make sense of the translation, a native speaker of English (with no experience of Chinese) looking at the same machine translation of Chinese to English will be totally stumped.

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

This sentence carries no meaning to a native English speaker.

I am not that good in Chinese but only after looking at the Chinese, I sort of work out the translation as follows (correct me if wrong): Especially Huang Yaqiong, she is very stable and consistent during a game, whether on the defensive or behind (in the score?) in a game. Even when the opponents are exerting a lot pressure, she won't be on the defensive to a great degree (too much on the defensive).

So, that's why we request an English summary of the link at the very least for the benefit of everybody. There is also no need for a complete translation. Just a summary of the content.

#34 Cheung, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  15. RedShuttle

That's a very interesting take on the translators. I found that instead of reading their translation as is, it's best to use the translation as hints to guess the true meaning.

In your particular example, Baidu was ahead of others by using the word "determined" rather than "fixed" to convey the meaning of a stable mental/emotional state rather than a spot on court. All three got it right on the last bit: she wouldn't rattle (fluctuation/volatility) under pressure.

Given the performance of the machine translators, does anyone trust self-driving cars?

Cheung likes this.
  16. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

It's interesting to note that ZJ could be talking about the HYQ that plays with Lu Kai. It's a different HYQ playing with TJH.

17. RedShuttle

Family picture in her microblog. Many people commented on her mother's resemblance to ......:D

[​IMG]

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Qingchen...hahaha( I usually don't laugh like that).

19. RedShuttle

buibui2 likes this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Good decision. All three pairs were going nowhere.