ibuysports

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hutoo, Jan 4, 2007.

1. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

Has anyone bought from them lately?

I put in an order on Dec 27, and haven't heard anything from them as of yet; it is Jan 4 evening. Actually I never heard from them, only a paypal email conferming the payment.

Sent an email 2 days ago with no reply. Sent another one a couple of hours ago. Wonder how long I should wait before initiating a paypal disbute.

Anyone had better luck with them?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Maybe you can call them up?

3. biomik

biomik Regular Member

I placed my order on December 13 and never heard from them. Also no response to my e-mails.

4. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

Hmm... trouble. What did/will you do?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    For the orders being placed on Dec 27, I won't be surprised that there might be some delays due to holiday season. However, Dec 13 seems a bit not acceptable.

My suggestion is to give them a call, and ask for explaination. I was once told that they recently out of stock on some of the SOTX rackets, not sure if that might be the reason or not. :rolleyes:

6. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

Thank LB. I remember buying a JM8500 from you, a very pleasing experience. I haven't managed to break it yet and it is serving as my main racket now.

To me, running a online store has certain rules to follow. At least, an email ackowledging the order and prompt reply to queries should be standard practice. Stock status and store closings can easily be advertised on the web.

I'll give them another day to get back to me, then I'll start a paypal disbute.

Wish we have a store rating system here like resellerratings. After all, many if not most of us buy equipments through the internet.

7. biomik

biomik Regular Member

I completely agree with you and will also start PayPal dispute. Hate to do that but really don't see other options

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am glad that you are enjoying the racket. :)

I agree with you, with below standard customer services, it could be very much frustrating to the customers, even with fairly reputable business firms. I think the proper way is to contact them directly (phone call), and ask for explaination. Paypal disbute is a valid method, but should be the last solution. :rolleyes:

9. biomik

biomik Regular Member

I called them, no one picks up and the message box is full. I guess something is seriously wrong with them at the moment.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hmmm...

Sounds very much like someone is on vacation, and forgot to put up a message on the board... :rolleyes:

Hope they are fine, as they do have attractive prices for various products.

11. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

I understand that we do not have too many sources to get quality equipments at discount, but there is no need to second guess what might have gone wrong behind the web pages. They are running a business and should be dealt with by business standard.

I will start a paypal disbute tomorrow if not hearing from them by then.

Thanks all for the information and suggestions.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I understand your frustration, and agree with your point. Best luck for you to solve the issues in a smooth way. ;)

13. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    What did you order from them?

Rumor is that SOTX is having pricing dispute with it's outsourced racket factory, so production of rackets has stopped. Anyone know if rumor is true or something else?

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I can't confirm the rumor. However, according to my local SOTX dealer, seems a lot of SOTX rackets are out of stock for a little while. I thought it must be a late shippment, never know could be this serious. :eek:

15. St00pid

St00pid Regular Member

Wow, I was just going to make a topic regarding the same store... I ordered a Woven-7 on December 26, and still have not heard ANY reply about my item's status.

DinkALot was kind enough to ask the owner (in real life) for an update, but to no avail. The owner said he would get a reply back to me, but I have no new information.

I wonder what's going on... and what will a PayPal dispute accomplish? I'm kinda new to the whole PayPal game.

P.S. Dink said a feasible reason was that the rackets were out of stock for the time being... I hope he's right and a new shipment will come.

#15 St00pid, Jan 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  16. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

Yes, I ordered a SOTX 8080+. I broke two of those in a bit over a year and keep wanting them.

Whatever the rumor, reply to queries from paying customers is the minimum courtesy a merchant should exercise.

17. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

For paypal disbute, you simply file with paypal listing reasons, then paypal contacts the seller. The seller has ten days to respond with solution, or paypal will force the seller to refund the money. I don't know how the seller would get punished by paypal though.

18. St00pid

St00pid Regular Member

Oh boy, so it's just a refund? I thought it would somehow force the seller into shipping the product. That sounds useless to me, because I'm VERY interested in the SOTX Woven-7, and would love to get it into my hands soon. I know of no other method to get a Woven-7 at that price...

19. hutoo

hutoo Regular Member

puppysports has Woven-7 at US$79 plus US$19.09 shipping to you, so you pay US$8.10 extra. It's seems they are legit based on posts on this forum.

I can always advertise a killer price, collect your money, but no goods. The fact is that you are not getting your Woven-7 from ibuysports any time soon, if ever.

20. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

See also the link below. Got my Woven-8 from him.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38579&highlight=woven