Ideal racquet for me

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Magwitch, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which involves widespread muscle pain and poor recovery from exercise. Because of this I'm looking at getting the racquet which would allow me to save the most energy. I'm not at too high a level. I think the best racquet for me might be one not normally considered appropriate for my skill level. If the racquet allows me to play a lot more then I'd improve faster than I would with another racquet which allowed me to play a lot less. Interested in your suggestions.

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

BS12, Arc10, Arc11, Duo10, AX77, AX88S

Magwitch likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Get a racket that is less stiff than your current racket.
    Idk about your sickness, but when im quite exhausted after few hard games & my lower level friend ask me to play with, i will use my old Lining racket which is much flex. Dont expect me throwing rocket with this but with just lazy swing i could do any shot effortless.

Magwitch likes this.
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    N9ii

Woesi likes this.
  5. greek_foot

greek_foot Regular Member

Hello friend,

Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. With respect to previous recommendations in the thread, I’m not sure if any of the rackets mentioned were designed with someone in your condition in mind, but I think there may still be a good option available, the Yonex Nanoray GlanZ (NR-GZ). It’s one of the most popular rackets among senior players who share your symptoms as far as muscle pain and recovery.

It has an extra-wide frame that expands the sweet spot and is intended to be the most forgiving racket on the market. The benefit is ease of play, the cost is less concentrated power on impact. The frame is paired with a slim high-flex shaft designed to allow the player to whip the head through the contact zone with less physical exertion. The cost is a lower power ceiling. The overall balance is head-light with a recommended string tension of 17-22lbs.

Basically, everything about this racket is designed to be as comfortable and easy to use as possible. It’s light in the hand, exceptionally forgiving, and has enough spring for easy clears when strung within the recommended tension range. Bear in mind that this is a made in Japan racket that carries a made in Japan price tag, but if you’re looking for something that will help conserve energy, this is the best I’ve heard of.

Cheers and best of luck in your recovery!

Full disclaimer: I haven’t used this racket personally, but thought it would still be worth recommending based on word of mouth and reviews from other players.

Magwitch, Sainttoo and Yves-bzh-29 like this.
  6. tetra

tetra Regular Member

Heard recently that a vibrations from smashing will hurt arms. Just wondering... What type of rackets will reduce the vibrations. Currently im owning li ning windstorm 72, li ning air force 80+ lite, yonex arcsaber 10, yonex arcsaber 8, yonex astrox 55, Kason TSF energy chain 108 Pro and Finnex Challenger Pro. Is the racket i own all the lighter side as in flex side that will hurt arm as i older? Thinking getting a li ning Turbocharging N7ii or N9ii if they are stiff.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Stiffer racket create more vibration.
    Higher string tension also create more vibration.
    Hard feel string also vibrate more.
    Thin grip also... Nope they dont make vibration but thin grip absorb vibration much less.
    So any combination of that above would multiply the vibrarion.

Heard some say putting rubber band to the shaft could lessen the vibration but i never try it. Or grip the racket high up to half of the shaft.

8. tetra

tetra Regular Member

Oh interesting... Vibration topic came out when was chatting to a friend who do stringing.. asking does he do stringing for counterfeit racket.. he said yes but he discourage anyone to get because counterfeit rackets generates more vibration than the genuine during play and over long period will injured the arm. I just ask cos the price is like $20 for counterfeit and the genuine even the 2nd handed racket need $150 hence asked. So far all my racket is genuine as usually purchased a second handed racket for higher end such as Arcsaber 10. And recently also fell down and hurt the other arm during game.. hence thought of maybe getting some rackets that are less prompt to vibrations and thus avoid some long term injuries and can play longer badminton ...Now that you have shown some ways... Maybe i will try on my next game. sounds like a simple hack.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

9. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

I didn't see all replies until now, and bought my gear a few weeks ago. I got an ArcSaber 10 with BG66 Ultimax strung at 23 I think. I also got Aerus shoes.

10. tetra

tetra Regular Member

I hv injured the middle finger joints.. find that using windstorm 72 help ease due to thinner grip. Later on bought a arcsaber 10 second hand racket with string bg80 and tensions 27 by previous owner find the racket is extremely nice and friendly to use. Thicker grip give more stress to my middle finger joints, but with arcsaber 10 even with 27 tensions.. the game play is nice. Really a good racket. Of course i like windstorm too.. but prefer arcsaber 10.

11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

a well build racket by well known brand usually already calculate the vibration & they try to dampen those vibration. But even so, its not enough to fully nullify the vibration especially when the racket are stiffer, combine with all factor i mention above. Different story to the fake one that build just to makes it look like the genuine one. They just dump any cheap carbon, mould & shape it just so its look similar, & they totaly forget about vibration stuff, thickness consistency & all.

if you like your Arc10, maybe try to change the string. BG80 are hard feel string & at 27lbs. Lower the tension abit like 1-2lbs or try change into softer string like maybe BG66UM.

12. tetra

tetra Regular Member

Yeah most of my racket is ult 66 brilliant, nanogy 95 and bg 85. This is the only racket which is bg 80, i prefer thinner string like aerosonic or kizuna 58? Find the shuttle more under control... Nanogy 98 too bouncy. I actually plan to change the arc to aerosonic at 25 or 26, still in the phase testing out though.