Improvement! Please comment on my video on MD Double's match

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by London_Player, Dec 29, 2010.

1. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Look up Lee Jae Bok's video on Youtube, or buy "Play to win" from him. The fine point was explained there. Both would work, but if you can stand close enough to the service line, non-racket foot first would be faster. That of course assumes you can take care of any flick serves.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    London-Player, I think you have more advice, which are all very good, than you can "digest" for some time to come. It is best to take one thing at a time otherwise you will get "buried" under tons of advice.
    To simplify any steps you may want to take to improving your game, break it down to (1) Techniques and (2) Tactics, both are separate areas you need to work at.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i hope we all don't scare him away:D

especially my comment, i think it was too straight to the point:eek:

take it easy we are all here to help:D

4. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    No I wasn't scared away, just away on holiday. Thanks for all you input, played this morning, but again most of time, revert back to my old ways, except now not lifting much. What I need to do now is far more practice than matches.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, practice makes perfect.

you can find a buddy and go to the court earlier do some drills before your games :)

6. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    london_player,

The best thing to do is to get yourself a decent local coach and have about 15-20 hours lessons to point out your technique and game play and just to get the basic /fundamental right first.
    As a recreational player , you are very good but if you want to improve and become a more useful player than you need to work on your footwork (which is fundamental in badminton)

After reading some feedback you been given by fellow members , I can tell 2-3 of them are advanced player /coach who knows what they are talking about , the rest you can dismiss

7. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I dunno... you seem to be very stiff when playing shots (left hand) and moving around (you seem to walk instead of shuffling when bird is on other side of court). That might be slowing you down a little.

I am not a certified coach, but when I was training the first thing they taught was footwork, followed by footwork, and then some more footwork. Compared to the way some of the better players at my clubs play, we move much more quickly with much less effort, which in turn sets up the shuttle in easier to hit spots.

I would try to find a coach in your area and pay for a few sessions so you can learn the drills and then you can repeat them at your own time.