INA Pelatnas players will skip HKG SS for 24th SEA Games/07

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by CLELY, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    From what I understand, there are various reasons...

A high-quality National Championship is needed to make people in all regions of Indonesia see high-level world-class badminton first-hand... The National Championship moves from province to province every year... Last year in Medan, the year before that in Samarinda, before that in Yogyakarta...

You should see how excited they were to see world badminton stars being in their city. :D How often does that happen?!? :D The audience were scrambling to take photos with Taufik, Luluk, Sony, Simon, all the big names... :D These kinds of experiences are what made badminton loved by Indonesians all over our archipelago... Young, old, rich, poor Indonesians love badminton. This love relationship has to be maintained and nurtured in order for badminton to continuously prosper and grow! ;)

Clearly, a high-quality National Championship is important for National Unity and badminton inspiration... meaning... people from remote places like Kalimantan, Bangka, and Papua can meet and actually even play against their heroes like Taufik, Kido-Hendra, etc. It is an experience of a lifetime for them... :D Seeing the heroes live is 100 times more impressionable to fans and future players than just reading about their heroes' feats in the newspaper.

I once saw a competitor from Nusa Tenggara who could not wait until his turn to play Taufik... He insist on taking pictures with TH before and after the match. Of course he lost, but it was an honor for him to represent his area and just compete against a World Champ. :) An experience that guy shall cherish... [I would] :p When it comes to badminton, INA people all forget that TH is Sundanese etc. That guy from Nusa Tenggara would never look down on Taufik because TH is Sundanese... Everyone is proud he is an Indonesian Olympic champ.

Most countries with a strong badminton tradition will make their National Championship a priority. I know China and Malaysia do... The top players often skip big international tournaments if they have a National Championship. It is important for them and a source of pride to compete [and hopefully win] against all the best players in the country of that year... :) A time to measure your skill progress too... against the best players & pairs you country has to offer...

#21 Krisna, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Okay..I see...I wish China Open is not same schedule with Kejurnas..:(

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

GOOD!!! So, I will still see the bulk of the top players in Hong Kong in Nov. It's okay if they skip China Open....:D

Is it confirmed that PBSI is going to send ALL its top guns? :cool: I agree that the lineup below would be sufficient to take at least 2-3 individual golds (MS, MD).

taufik-ist likes this.
  4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    remember that SIN has a good shot for WS and MD as well as XD

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That's what Lius plans to do... :) All the INA top guns in HK! ;)

Disclaimer: if PBSI somehow ran out of funds [yet again] or if some of the top guns are injured, then sorry dude... :p The plan is botched... :eek:

But seriously, I don't think so. PBSI should have enough funds from their last month's fundraising night. Furthermore, Lius knows full-well by now that part of the Yonex 2004-2008 contract clearly stipulate that in order to avoid financial penalties, INA National Team has to send its top players to HK Open. ;)

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    True.

In order to secure the WS gold, INA needs to send both Maria Kristin and Firdasari... while Malaysia can't rely on Julia Wong... But WMC might be getting ready for the Super Series Finals... ;) WMC is currently world #8, she has a very good shot at going to the Super Series Finals...

MD for SIN... Hmm... depends on the final INA and MAS MD participants... ;) INA and MAS have a lot of 2nd rated [yet lethal] guns!

XD... Thailand has some good XD guns... mmm... INA's Tantowi-Yulianti can compete well against SIN's best laaah... :D We shall see...

7. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

I wish Lius and PBSI would send second-layer players since I plan to attend this year China Open.:cool:

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..this thought just crossed my mind..Krisna, can't Djarum send some or if not all of its "top guns" to the China Open??:confused:..Does Djarum have to "follow" the same requirements as PBSI??:confused:..Is Djarum somewhat in a "bind" to join & compete, with the rest of the INA shuttlers, in the upcoming INA National Championships tourney??..:confused:

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Does SEA games badminton very much important to PBSI.. Till they preferred to send so many top players there:rolleyes:

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I DO THINK that Djarum's players are pretty much obliged to join the National Championships....since they are an INA club and they have pride at stake here.

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    From reliable source ( KONI)..TH may play for Sea games.....if his father -in law said so...

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, I have read this issue from KCM website. Badminton National Championship 2007 that previously rumoured for postponement until 8-13 January 2008 due the schedule is very close with CHN SS tournament in Guangzhou, has returned to its original schedule 13-17 November/07 in Solo.

It means INA primary shuttlers will more concentrate in Kejurnas than CHN Open SS (20-25 Nov/07) and probably Pelatnas top-players only participate in HKG SS.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..i wonder,

..were the dates planned by the National Championships organizer, to hold the tourney very close to the upcoming China Open SS??...Hmm, it's interesting also to see that the upcoming China Open will have the whole INA players missing, just like the recent absence of the CHN squad in Chinese Taipei Open..;)

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I think you guys have missed out the news that, INA will pull TH out from the CO in November for revenge against China who did not send LD in the IO this year

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    It is possible for Djarum and any other INA club to send their players to China, especially since China Super Series 2 is not held in the same week as the National Championship. Anybody outside Pelatnas do not have to follow PBSI's decision to skip the China Super Series 2.

But improbable because of the packed schedule at the end of the year... and most players cannot compete well in 3 successive tournaments. Thus they have to choose...

Week 42: Dutch Open GP
    Week 43: Denmark Super Series
    Week 44: France Super Series
    Week 45: Vietnam Open GP
    Week 46: INA National Championship & Malaysia Challenge
    Week 47: China Super Series 2
    Week 48: Hong Kong Super Series
    Week 49: Russia Open GP Gold & SEA GAMES
    Week 50: Italia Challenge & SEA GAMES
    Week 51: Super Series Finals

Correct. Even though there is no legal requirement that force any club to enter the National Championship, ...most of the big clubs know that participating in the INA National Championship is a lot about national unity, club pride, national badminton celebration, etc... So, most likely the top clubs will send their top shuttlers to the National Championships... Taufik, Sony, Simon, Andre, Wahyu, Alam, Adit, Tommy, Kido, Hendra, Luluk, Alven, Rian, Yoke, Bona, Ahsan, Lily, Nova, Vita, Flandy, etc.... ;)

From what I last heard, Djarum also plans to send their 2nd tier team [usually under 20 years old] to the Malaysia Challenge [that will be held on the same week as the National Championships]... Players like Wifqi-Alfiat, Hayom Rumbaka, Nugroho Andi Saputro, etc. who have no realistic shot at winning the National Championships anyway... :p :p :p

#35 Krisna, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That so called 'news' is just not true! :rolleyes: Where did info like that came from? :rolleyes: Low quality reporting! :rolleyes: Misleading fans! :eek:

INA's decision to skip China Open Super Series has nothing to do with LD not attending the 2007 Indonesian Open.... Actually, LD already skipped the 2006 Indonesian Open. Lius Pongoh already plan to skip the China Open Superseries 2 since November 2006. That's why the National Championship is scheduled one week before the China Super Series 2 in the first place... :)

#36 Krisna, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, interesting..

..okay, gotcha;)...so, technically, Djarum is not "bound" to all PBSI/Pelatnas related activities, incl. the N.C...:cool:
    ..hmm, so my assumption was right, then, that it was already planned way in advance by PBSI & National Championships organizer..hmm, i wonder..WHY???:confused::p

Thanks for shedding a bit more light on this, Krisna..;)

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management

In the matter of sending players abroad or to the Nationa Championship, the current PBSI management is quite liberal and accomodating. In the past, during other administrations, PBSI did not allow players other than Pelatnas to compete internationally.

By the way, according to BWF rule, PBSI has the right to give the list of INA players competing in any BWF tournament. So if PBSI choose to not include player XYZ or pair ABC in a particular tournament, it is actually within their legal right...

If you ever wonder why the current BWF rule is like that... Answer: PBSI [along with the Chinese, Koreans, and Malaysians] were behind it. The Europeans were against it. But was outvoted. So from then on, the Danish, English, German Associations grudgingly just rubber stamp the 'list of players' representing their countries in BWF events...

That time, some PBSI officials wanted to control who can represent the country when playing in the tournaments such as the All England etc. Because... before the existence of world rankings, INA university students who studied in England and Germany would just compete at the All England. Of course their skill level were amateurish... and this was deemed 'embarassing' by the PBSI officials then...

In addition, PBSI, China, Malaysia, and Korea made all sorts of restrictive rules to prevent / discourage their own players from moving to other countries. The big Asian associations want a lot of power laaah... Power = control & $$$... :rolleyes: Yup, they love that...

On other matters such as the collective contract with Yonex etc. Tangkas, Djarum, Jaya Raya etc. are bound by the PBSI contract. So if you ask me whether the INA clubs are under the control of PBSI, the answer is: for many things YES... some parts NO... :p

We have to ask Lius Pongoh regarding the real reason... :) But it was quite common in the badminton world for a National Championship to be more important than even a Super Series, 5* and 6* event... China often skip big tournaments due to their own National Championships and PON... :D Maybe Lius simply want to 'get back' at them...

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I see, got it..^^

..thanks for sharing a bit more insights to the going-ons and behind-the-scene activities of PBSI (then & now)..;)

20. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    So INA not participated for Hongkong SS. How about singapore, Malaysia, etc... Also not participated?

I think INA should send the junior players for SEAG and send senior players for Hongkong SS.

Yonex is the main sponsor for Pelatnas (Indonesia National Training Centre). I think every year, Pelatnas got S$ 200,000,00 from Yonex. it is not enough to send the players to all tournaments.

I also don't like the Contract between PBSI and Yonex. The Rule is Yonex is the one sponsor. If any company want to be sponsor, so yonex will be give up. It not good rule.

I think PBSI need to check the contract with Yonex to allow the others sponsor to come.

Because Why the other countries like China, Malaysia, etc can do it.

China got sponsor from FedEx, Nike, Yonex, etc.

Malaysia got sponsor from Proton, Oil Company, Yonex, etc.

My suggestion:
    - If yonex don't want to change the rule, PBSI easy to get the sponsor from the other sports provider like: Flypower, ASTEC, Sinar Mutiara, Saxson, etc.. A lot of interested to give sponsor to PBSI.

- If yonex want to change the rule, so PBSI can open the other sponsor to come and limited for 2 or 3 only. And can be negotiate with yonex to increase the sponsor fee.

Now, we know why Ina Players can't more competitive with China because Sponsor problem.. not the development problem.

See like Malaysia, The BAM got a lot money to send them junior players to join the Satelite, youth, and the others grand prix competitions.

If Ina Like Malaysia, I means: Ina got a lot of money from sponsor, so INA Players can be competitive because in Indonesia got a lot of the talent players and developing players in INA Club very good (International Standard).