India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You got it the wrong way around - HKV should be too stable to win against BSP's usual form. He has a good chance of upsetting HKV if he has a better-than-usual performance, but it'd be just that, a (slight) upset. In the long run, HKV is (yet) the stronger player.
    Anyone else notice how much Indian MS players fluctuate? Srikanth seems to have found a decent, consistent baseline but the others can win against LCW one tournament and then play like absolute garbage the next 5 months. I'm curious as to whether it's just because most of them lack experience at the highest level or whether it's something systemic.
    Haven't seen that trend elsewhere, but to be fair, I haven't seen such a rapid improvement in MS from any other nation.

2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Consistency is still a systemic problem but
    with each good performance that issue will be addressed in the long term. There was a time when Sai Praneeth was considered a talented player who was wasting his talent. Praneeth had major mental blocks, those will keep coming back and expect his performance to fluctuate. Srikanth Kidambi has improved on the circuit but he needs to repeat that in the Grade 1 tournaments. Each year you will see improvements, 2018-2020 is an exciting time for Indian badminton.

#2082 badmuse, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Gayathri gopichand vs Akarshi kashyap in recent tournament (ranking)

badmuse likes this.
  4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, I saw this along with some other videos!

Baddyforall likes this.
  5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Malvika Bansod age 16 is an U-19 Champion. Battle of left handers!
    Malvika beat Ashmita Chaliha
    to win the title at Chennai August 2017
    12-21, 21-19, 21-13

#2085 badmuse, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    BSP unlike KS and HSP never goes all out, he (when is in form) is the stronger and more stable version of Sameer, HKV can be animated but if previous few tourneys are any indication, recently he's always ending up on the wrong side of the close matches. His style of play has more margin for errors and is physically more demanding, it seems he hasn't been able to deliver that as of late.
    Anyways let's hope BSP can pull out his true colours and we witness a close fight.

BSP and HSP are the most "underperforming" players, considering the abilities and "talent", it's time they start delivering

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm pretty tired of ppl stating someone is underperforming when in truth they judge them by one or at most a few overperformances and afterwards forever describe them as talented and 'not playing up to their potential'...it's a fairly common misconception, but still tiresome.
    Looking at BSP's 2017 he had one extraordinary tournament in Singapore and the rest was mediocre to bad, so I would certainly not put him as a favourite over HKV. Just fyi, I wouldn't put HIM as a clear favourite either, but he's at least been marginally better and won most of the matches you'd expect him to win.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Asmita is a Lefty, that's cool. Atleast these girls will have a Left handed sparing partner

badmuse likes this.
  9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Indeed it is tiresome, when it's a "misconception". Anyways enough of it.
    Let's leave it here, and hope to see a more consistent performance

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

His results certainly don't scream "SS tournament winner" ;)
    I'll be looking forward to the matchup against HKV, I wouldn't want to predict the winner of that particular match. Way too unpredictable imop :D

11. Baddyforall

HKV is better than BSP? . I have been seeing his name in top 20 for so many years. He won a SS? BSP just now entered top 20. He won a SS when he was out of top25.
    Hope HKV prove me wrong. His shot making and footwork is definitely not smooth.
    Whereas BSP has varieties in his shot making and but he is not fit as HKV.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Both Ashmita and Malvika are left handers!

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Gayatri Gopichand should do both singles and doubles and save Malvika Bansod from being sacrificed in doubles.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I know BSP won a SS. But as far as his results go (so far), it's a far outlier and not his usual level of performance. His usual level is actually below HKV's if you look at their past couple of months. I think he might eventually become better, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he never gets a grip on his inconsistency and flames out early in 8/10 tournaments. We'll see.

15. Baddyforall

Vaishnavi reddy jakka is participating in the currently undergoing Czech open 2017

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Vaishnavi is playing too many tournaments at a stretch. She needs to balance with training and endurance. She is risking injury and fatigue.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Nah players her age and her calibre needs more tourney and more exposure.
    And since most of them are European ones, when she'll finally start playing the senior circuit, she'll be having an edge over others. Her body will react to the time difference well, she'll be accustomed with all this traveling and climatic changes.
    Needless to mention she'll get comparatively easy and quick ranking point and the level of competition perfect for her age.
    Also, since her body now ready for "intense" training (somebody posted about how body prepares itself around15 or something) it'll only stretch her stamina and give her the physical edge over her opponents. Which not so surprisingly most Indian players messed up.

Siril, by not playing enough before WJC and then not playing the lower level tourneys at all.
    LS and Satwik didn't play enough either.
    Aditya Joshi others completely fall apart solely because lack of exposure, when transferred in the Sr Circuit

badmuse likes this.
  18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Vaishnavi has played 30 tournaments so far this year! How many should she play?

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Omg really? Had no idea.
    Well she gotta do what she gotta do.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    If it did scream "SS tourney winner" why would I quote him as "underperforming" o_O HKV undoubtedly is a class player, and nobody can deny about his abilities, also a great human being.
    And yes he won AUS open, last year?
    What I meant was solely based on performances lately. Quite a few of them were close losses, occured due to the aforementioned "margin of error in his game" you just simply nitpicked a point of my post and rambled:p anyways no grudges and no offence, let's move on