India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Her jump smashes are a rarity in Indian WS. She tends to use her backhand drop too much. A good attacking game. Have to increase speed and endurance like.

2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu on Saina Nehwal and Indian WS.

4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

India finishes 2018 with a World Tour Finals Title against the formidable Okuhara Nozomi. PV Sindhu becomes the first Indian to win this tournament, the bright spark in a difficult year. I wasn't expecting much from Sindhu after a string of defeats in circuit tournaments. Sindhu is a big match player and keeps her best for the big tournaments. She had a tough draw and won all her matches with flying colours. She finally buries the final jinx. I hope this is the beginning of many more memorable wins. This will give her confidence a major boost. :)

A word of appreciation for Sameer Verma who missed an opportunity to make the final. He had his chances to beat Shi Yuqi in 2 games but faltered at crucial moments. He should improve and can take a lot of positives with his performance.

#2984 badmuse, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Baddie lover likes this.
  5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

6. Baddie lover

7. Baddie lover

Why are Sameer and Sindhu not playing in Malaysia masters ?

8. Baddie lover

Why is 83rd All India Senior National Badminton Championship not held this year ?

9. Master

Master Regular Member

Just have a rest for a week after PBL?

I think that they are trying to reallocate the schedule to cope with the busy BWF schedule for year 2018. So, they moved the schedule to February 10-16, 2019 where it seems to be suitable for the top players.
    http://www.badmintonindia.org/download/calender/BAI-Cal-2018-12-22.pdf

On the early BAI calendar published on May 2018, they had made the 83rd SNBC schedule for 2019 (February 04-10)
    ---> http://www.kba.org.in/uploaded/BAI Calendar as on 07-05-2018.pdf

So, it's their initial plan that there is no 83rd SNBC at all in 2018.

Baddie lover likes this.
  10. Baddie lover

11. Baddie lover

Ashwinni Ponappa and Srikanth Kidambi after makeup. Disguised as aged people , they acted in an advertisement for PBL 2018.

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Baddie lover

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

14. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    What is Prannoy's status. Looks like quite an issue with his knee. Sad that he had to play pbl with injury.

15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Prannoy has to focus on getting better and raising his fitness levels. Until he is injury free we can't expect much from him.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So, never.....? He's had these issues forever, and apart from that little hot streak where he managed to upset both CL and LCW I haven't really seen anything consistently great from him. Seems like a Top10-20 guy to me, with more upset potential than most - pretty much the opposite of SWH and most Japanese MS players who only rarely beat those ranked higher, but are very reliable against lower ranked opposition.

17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

As Prannoy is prone to injuries, consistency is proving extremely difficult. He still has at least 2-3 good years to pursue a few good performances. Can he win something big or play a few good rounds? Time will give the answer.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Personally I think his play style doesn't really lend itself to consistency in the first place (hence his upset potential, on a good day he can play way above his average), anyway, but the injury issues have dragged him down to irrelevance. Maybe it's a matter of janky footwork (he has that tendency to turn his foot inwards, especially on sideways lunges), but more likely the physical aspect of training could be improved. Do they have a committed, qualified physical trainer? One that knows his stuff, proper compound movement form etc? Whenever I see footage of badminton players' strength/weight training I'm a bit shocked by the squats. Haven't seen a proper squat from a pro yet (partially because there isn't a huge amount of footage, I'm sure).
    Examples would be Marc Zwiebler or LCW, both of whom I've seen squatting very high and even in the Smith machine....not exactly optimal, especially for your knees (which is Prannoy's main issue iirc)

Anyhow, I'm curious how 2019 turns out for any Indian players other than PVS. Gopichand's ambition to send the biggest squad to the OG seems very far-fetched based on the 2018 performance, but maybe training has improved at the end of the year.

19. Baddie lover

Like David Ferrer who is always reliable against lower ranked opponents , let's see if he can reach top 10 though. Ferrer was always hovering around top 10 :p

20. mohans

mohans Regular Member

[QUOTE="j4ckie, post:

Anyhow, I'm curious how 2019 turns out for any Indian players other than PVS. Gopichand's ambition to send the biggest squad to the OG seems very far-fetched based on the 2018 performance, but maybe training has improved at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? I’m sure the squad is gonna be bigger than the 2016 olympics. Securing more medals should be the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk