India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Great play by Kashyap, He almost defeated CTC.

2. mohans

mohans Regular Member

C’mon, please don’t glorify it. Having g1 in pocket, leading 18-14 in g2, and losing the match is pure choking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Oops!!, I didn't know it. I just saw the score.

I think he is playing better these days.

Every f**ing player choked today. Prannoy choked today in 2nd game, Sindhu lost game 1 from 18-15 to 18-21. Srikanth almost choked in the 3rd game.

Realistically speaking by tomorrow no Indian player may stand.

#3443 Sumanth99, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  4. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Going by the interview(s) given by Gopichand, I think its advisable for Indian team to just play Asian Games, CWG, Olympics, WC and please send your reserve teams for Thomas, Uber and Sudirman Cups. No need to play World Tour Events as it's very taxing only for us. Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Thais, Danish, Taipei players and Carolina Marin are all robots. They are not humans that's why they play world tour events to win it.

WTF logic is this, Gopi is the calendar taxing only for Indians ? Enough of this justification that Sindhu will do well at majors. So there is no need to play world tour events, right ? I'm sorry I have to say this you're just evading tough questions. I respect you for what you've done to revolutionise Indian badminton but for God sake , at least admit and introspect what's wrong is happening with Indian players.

Now talking about Kashyap. I didn't expect anything from him since his comeback from injury last year. He's been inconsistent on top of that pre-injury too so it's natural for me not to keep high hopes on him. But today he played and did well to gather 4 match points. But what happened later was a good punch to him. I recall some years ago , he gave an interview where he said " Had Gopichand Sir been with me during my match, I could have won India's first ever MS bronze medal ". He was referring to 2013 WC QF match against Du Pengyu where he had one match point in second game which he lost 20-22. Was that comment even necessary had been, could , if , whether etc etc. Attitude is the most important thing imo. Look at Lin Dan even after winning so many titles he kept going for more , Look at Lee Chong Wei even after faltering at last hurdle he kept on trying and giving his best, Look at Kento Momota he introspects and analyses every match be it his win or loss he'll make it sure he learns from it.

Best Indian players who have best attitude are Saina Nehwal and 22 year old Chirag Shetty. No nonsense comments. They are always focussed and know what to say and what not to. If only their counterparts learnt from them.

I'm not sorry for being so harsh. Fans need to criticize and support always. I support them but I cannot be a fanboy blind in his support. This is all for betterment of Indian badminton. I know it's of no use writing it here as BAI and Gopichand won't even read this. Had a bad day today due to performance of Indian badminton team and disastrous performance of Indian Football Team at FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.

Don't know what's more tough ? To be an Indian sports fan or a random Arsenal fan.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Well constructed post buddy. You spitted whatever i wanted to share it. Very rough patch is going on in indian team now. Nobody is nowhere near to their own potential . The problem is they don't even want to acknowledge their problems , they keep on murmuring the same words ( Clearly visible that they are trying to pacify the sponsors in order to escape the unthinkable )

Baddie lover likes this.
  6. Baddyforall

Judging by the score of Srikanth vs Sourabh , i don't even want to talk about tomorrow's result of Sriknath.
    Considering Chen Long's current form, i would say it will be a straight game victory for him.
    And then end of the road for indian 'tourists'

7. Baddie lover

One suggestion, whenever Srikanth name is written. Please don't forget to add hashtags. #okaybye :p:p

Baddyforall and samkool like this.
  8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    how exactly would the players qualify for og\wc\etc. without playing other wt events?
    it is legitimately logical. without a well structured system none of those 'robots' would have long term success either. guaranteed.

can you point out any number of players that succeeded over the long term who did not come from a properly structured team system?

india fans, of which i am one, need patience. we have no other choice.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  9. Baddie lover

It's a hypothetical scenario. I'm just pointing that calendar is taxing not only for us but also for other countries. Problem is for both sets of players. I don't hear these excuses from other countries whenever they don't win any World Tour title.
    I guess Marin.

10. Baddyforall

Sindhu's gold-defining coach Kim joins Taiwan academy

EXCERPTS:

The BAI had said that since Kim wanted to be with her husband, she couldn't continue as India coach. However, in the latest development, the coach was welcomed by the Taiwan academy, ..

TOI contacted the management of academy but they refused any comment on the Korean's appointment.

However, on their Facebook and Instagram pages, the academy management wrote: "Welcome, welcome, welcome The Amber team is very honoured to invite South Korea's famous coach Kim Ji Hyun to join the Amber Team (sic). Coach Kim at the 1996 Olympics got the fourth place in singles and used to coach in Germany, South Korea, New Zealand and India. She led Indian women's singles player Sindhu to 2019 world gold medal. Welcome to join the Amber family." ..

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...joins-taiwan-academy/articleshow/72065029.cms

Baddie lover likes this.
  11. Baddie lover

Sikki Reddy doing a backhand serve free of error :confused:o_O

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

She can do that but why is she playing like a crap in tournaments.

13. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

anybody can do it if they practice few times

samkool likes this.
  14. mohans

mohans Regular Member

That was her 793rd attempt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Baddie lover

Now I know why her happiness was out of bounds. So happy for her :'')

16. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    yup, jr. high school kids do it all the time.

let's see this from more players:

can't find the video of kba players serving over the net into a shuttlecock tube on a variety show.

17. Baddie lover

Just checked the scores of India IC. 17 yo Priyanshu Rajawat won against no.1 seed Vladimir Malkov 21-17, 21-18. On the other hand, no.8 seed Ashmita beat Kanika Kanwal 21-15, 20-22, 22-20 in 1hr 15 mins. Seems like Ashmita hasn't improved much. Harsheel Dani loses in two straight games 21-12, 21-12 against Ng Tze Yong.

18. Baddie lover

Priyanshu, Malvika and Asmhita all lost today in two straight games. With this loss, Ashmita could not able to retain her India IC title.

19. Baddie lover

Hope she comes back stronger and a better player

Sumanth99 likes this.
  20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

Saina Nehwal won't be participating in PBL in order to train harder, Srikanth and Sameer should do the same.