India junior players

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Jiya, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Jiya

Jiya Regular Member

So many junior player have been emerging. Some of them are Malvika Bansod, Unnati hooda, Tasnim Mir, anupama upadhyay and priyanshu rajawat, Mithun manjunath, meiraba.
    I wanted to create this thread for anyone interested about information and discussion about junior players of India.

Simeon likes this.
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Malvika Bansod. Easily the best racquet skills and court-craft I've ever seen from an India WS player. She has immense potential.

Baddyforall likes this.
  3. Jiya

Jiya Regular Member

Malvika Bansod is a really great player but she's already 20 and she is not showing signs yet of beating the too players. I know it takes a lot of hard work but her potential should have been developed by now for her to work on her fitness and speed.

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Only that, too slow in pace, too weak in attack, doesn't look as fit as needed. I wouldn't bet too much on her yet.

5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Priyanshu has the shots but lacks the game to string them well yet, it is time for him to play-lose-learn-improve.

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

@cobalt ,Long time no see. Welcome back. I always wondered what happened to you.
    Agree with you , she has the best wrist work among the WS players that INDIA has ever produced. But she lacks the speed and power which she could improve in the near future if she wants to achieve in the current era of Women's singles.

7. Jiya

Jiya Regular Member

I agree

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

After seeing Unnati Hooda, i must say she will reach the place where Saina and Sindhu already conquered and even more. Good luck to her. Tasnim Mir is good as well.
    So many boys who were good during their junior period , are not showing any improvement recently. Meiraba is good . Kiran , after a patch of good domestic performance, became dormant again. Kiran george did not do well in BAC.

#8 Baddyforall, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    GoodmintonLover likes this.