Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah man I quite like living. I'll pass on the weird tobacco replacements.

Btw, it's 'affect' ;)

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah most tobacco companies have huge, huge marketing budgets. Kinda needed when you need to overcome the fact that your product is killing people and everybody kinda knows. Similar to how churches and charities really spend a lot of effort on cultivating this image that they're doing a lot of good, when many are actually not a net positive (or not even nearly as efficient as you'd think).
    From what I've read, Djarum has branched out quite significantly (owning a majority share in a bank, for example), but their core business and brand still seems to be cigarettes. Which is a product no athlete in the western hemisphere endorses afaik :D

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

nah.... Melati needs to lose weight. One can simply take a look at Dora from CHN. She has lost a lot of weight and she is more nimble in court.
    Melati/Praveen lost to scratch pair ranked #234. They have not won a single title since paired up.

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, INA doesnt even care about the major events as they wont host any of it till 2025.

5. wade

wade Regular Member

I don't see any improvement from praveen in these last 2 years, they should just try him in MD. maybe herry ip could help him there.

6. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, is he the only one? I can't recall other XD players have any improvement. Maybe that's just me.

7. wade

wade Regular Member

Well I only mention him because I always think he's a special player, so I expect more from him...and the fact that I don't see any improvement from him in these last 2 years is just dissapointing.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

I think there is a different between doesn't care and doesn't want to lose too much money.

I can't say much about organising international badminton tournament but we all know that most big companies in Indonesia prefer to sponsor soccer, after that maybe boxing for sports. They also prefer to sponsor live music

TV stations does not really want to pay a lot to broadcast badminton, they prefer soap dramas, soccer, boxing, f1, news as all these are "more profitable"

So when BWF demands a lot of shares of the revenue, I think it is wise decision not to host it. I think BWF is the one making the mistake.

If PBSI doesn't care, they will not send any players. Yet, they still send juniors players to far away places like South America for the world junior championship tournament

ebcd, Yoji, wade and 1 other person like this.
  9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I don't know much about Indonesia sports scene apart from football and badminton. Is football more famous than badminton there ? Because I've heard a lot about persija vs persib derby. Their fans are one of the best and hardcore in Asia. And also u16 team is one of the best in the continent. Also, passion for badminton is very high there. Always jampacking istora from r16 onwards.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In any case I think they have no money?

11. sen

sen Regular Member

Personally I don't follow Indonesian soccer. I don't recognise any of the players. I hardly follow other country soccer club now. 20 years ago, I followed Italian soccer.

But I am a minority here in Indonesia, most hardly watch badminton live on TV, except Asian Games. I watch, even sirnas on TV or live.

Baddie lover likes this.
  12. Master

Master Regular Member

Football is more popular than badminton in Indonesia (but it's also a worldwide fact). Regarding badminton fans here, yes its' make full crowd in every badminton tournaments held in any national level or even in smaller level.

Yeah, Istora is the heart of Indonesia badminton fans, it's the biggest annual badminton event that Indonesia have. The tickets almost sold out no matter what the price is increasing year by year.

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. minions

minions Regular Member

From the Indonesia players who will compete at Thailand Masters and Malaysia Masters, there are no players like Angga, Ricky, Anggia. Does that mean they have been kicked out from national team?

14. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Is the registration close for this tournament already? and the draw is out?

15. minions

minions Regular Member

the registration for these tournaments have been closed. the draw is not out yet.

16. minions

minions Regular Member

Guys, let's discuss about INA players chance to go to SF. I must say that Hafiz/Gloria's chance is the lowest. Greysia/Apriyani's chance is about 50%. Winning against Chen/Jia is crucial for their chance to SF. Tommy has a good chance after he is in the same group as KW and SV. KM is the only stumbling block for him in Group B.

17. minions

minions Regular Member

INA fails to send any players to SF. This must be disappointing. But, let's move on from INA's failures. I am sure that INA will come back stronger.

I still have my favourites in SF. Who will you gonna root for in SF?

18. sen

sen Regular Member

Chan Peng Soon/ Goh Liu Ying becomes independent players. One thing that is interesting is the comment of BAM coach that senior players should be able to perform better on their own. And the BAM should focus on junior players that needs their help as BAM has limited money.

I think PBSI should do the same, they should focus more on the junior. But then PBSI head is always someone with political ambition, they also want to take credit when the players getting more succesful and popular.

19. Master

Master Regular Member

2018 National Championships : December 18-22, 2018

[​IMG]

DRAW Result:

Group A:
    (just click to see the players list)
    Jaya Raya
    Mutiara Cardinal
    Berkat Abadi

Group B:
    (click to see the players list)
    Djarum Kudus
    Sangkuriang Graha Sarana PLN
    Exist
    PBAD

Previous Winners (2016) : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/winners.aspx?id=FB22F374-7D1B-4575-81F2-4E846329977F
    1. Djarum Kudus
    2. Jaya Raya
    3/4. Mutiara Cardinal
    3/4. Suryanaga Mutiara Timur

Live TV broadcasting will be available starting from Semifinal onwards in TVRI channel.

20. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

That tweet says from quarterfinal though