Indonesia Open 2006

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by sugar_free, Jan 2, 2006.

1. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    I just bought the latest tabloid bola, and according to the sport calendar there and also jawapos.com, this year's Indonesia Open will be held in Surabaya from 31 May until 4 June... But, according worldbadminton.net, it will be held in Jakarta from 31 May until 4 June... Can anyone tell me which one is right?

2. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

I think it's gonna be in Surabaya. I found out about this from my friend who talked to the head of the Indonesia Open organiser.

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    both places have the same weather... hot and fry :)

4. Angelyn51

Angelyn51 Regular Member

Indonesian Open....its gonna be a blast for taufik. If Lin Dan competes, I hope Taufik will beat the daylights out of his badminton racquet. Furthermore, its his country. There will be some real celebration if Lin is defeated especially by taufik. Anyway, Lin's winning too much titles.....I symphathy other players....;)

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

haha, i've been reading some of your posts, you don't seem to like lin dan very much, do you? like they say, it's lonely at the top! :D

6. Angelyn51

Angelyn51 Regular Member

Yeah my point exactly. I always don't support the best player you see,:D i support the second best or third. ;)

7. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    On the other hand, there will be an uproar if LD could beat TH at Taufik's own home ground. Not impossible :)

8. indra

indra Regular Member

Taufik may lose to other players very easily , not to players of Lin Dan's class.

9. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm, come to think about it, this is true quite recently. He tends to perform very well against top players. But recently has lost to LCW and Boonsak, the trend is going the other direction now. I don't see him being able to beat LD anytime soon...

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    taufik is unpredictable... sometimes he's powerless, sometime he's superb :)..

TH makes his opponent confused , is it powerless or superb taufik ? :D

11. alloh

alloh Regular Member

No official website yet?

#11 alloh, Feb 26, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well LCW also have a equally good chance to win in Indonesia Open.

13. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    Indo Open never has any official website:( ... Makes people find it difficult to find the latest result in the tournament:crying: ...

14. melinda

melinda Regular Member

Be smart indons, just think about getting past other players(Boonsak, chen etc)first before thinking about Lin. Don't let your impulse rule over thee mouths:)

15. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

First of all, why are we called "Indons"? Can't people just call us Indonesians? As far as I know, "Indons" is the words Malay ppl in Singapore use to make fun of Indonesian people.

Anyway, moving back to badminton. It is true that Indonesian players should think of other players apart from Lin Dan. Not only Boonsak, LCW, etc. There are other strong contenders such as Chen Jin, Lee Hyun Il (Current defending champion).

I just hope by that time, Indonesian players have fully adapted the new scoring system. Otherwise, they will be in deep, deep trouble. Especially Taufik who seems to whine about it. Taufik's level of play will surely drop if he comes on the court disliking the battle environment.

16. indra

indra Regular Member

You should know:

Taufik vs Bonsaak = 4 - 1
    Taufik vs Chen Hong = 6 -1
    Taufik vs Lindan : 3 - 2
    Taufik vs LCW = 4 -2
    Taufik vs PG = 7 -7, with the last 4 important matches won by Taufik

Many people judge that CH, LD, LCW, PG are excellent players, but if you look at the head-to-head statistics against Taufik, we will see.

Taufik has poorer record against Bao Chun Lai : 3-5, Wong Choon Han 3 -5

However, Bao and Wong Choon Han have never won any single important tournament!!!

17. kemana

kemana Regular Member

sorry, i don't know that , i thought it was just the brief spell:(

18. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:D That's same as why indonesian call Malaysian as "malay". Hahah... now you only know how is the feel huh?
    ** Malaysian = citizen of Malaysia (We have 3 majority races such as Malay, Chinese, Indian... we have different culture and religion)
    ** Malay = Only Malay race people. All of them are Muslim.

19. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

I am an indonesian and i have malaysian friends of melayu or indian or chinese ethnicity who studied at the same university with me here in indonesia. As far as i can recall, we always address malaysian as "orang malaysia" never as malay. for years i never thought it was an offending nickname. But for indon terminology, it is offending. i confirm that from my malaysian friend. she said that some people in malaysia look down to indonesian people because of the large number of uneducated indonesian trying to make a living in malaysia by doing unwanted hard, dirty and dangerous jobs there. and sometimes these indonesians commit crimes in malaysia(it is a common sense that low education and economic background are factors predisposing to crime).
    When people hates something or other people, it is almost natural that they come up with bad names. hey i called my enemies who used to bully me at school bad names:D . And that's how indonesian get their "indon" terminology.
    as i said it is almost natural to call bad names but people can choose not to. It is hard but you can always resist the temptation. you see,there are good indonesian who are educated,kind, loving,and peaceful toward other people.

Thank you very much for not calling us indon.:eek:

20. alloh

alloh Regular Member

For the Chinese in Indonesia, I always call them as Indonesian-Chinese. Never call them Indon. But I wonder why the other country such as China, Taiwan, Hong Kong... They like to call us as Malay :mad: !!!
    I have told them I am not Malay, but Malaysian-Chinese. But they seem never understand that. For them, ppl living in Malaysia will be called Malay. And ppl living in Indonesia will be called Indon.... Hahahah... they are idiot actually :D