Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Intermediate, balanced racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kitsuoka, Mar 7, 2019.

1. kitsuoka

kitsuoka New Member

Hi, I’m looking to buy a new racket soon, and I’m looking for some recommendations.

I’d say that I’m an intermediate player, and I play a mix of singles and doubles (though usually doubles). I tend to play frontcourt and midcourt but recently I’ve also been playing backcourt and training smashes more. I want a new racket that I can invest time into training and playing with, since I usually play with random rackets my friends have.

As for price range, I’m fine with most since I will probably be buying during the Yonex Warehouse Sale in Singapore. Though newer models might be out of the question since they probably won’t be on sale. (P.S. Alternatively I have seen cheap second-hand Duora 10s and Arcsaber 11s with minor paint scratches on Carousell but I’ve never used them so I don’t know if they’d suit my level.)

Thanks!

#1 kitsuoka, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Shiv Kumar

Shiv Kumar Regular Member

Scientist
    Duora 77 is my choice of weapon. It is well balanced 3U racket.

Fast enough for mid to back court, plays well in singles and decently strong smashes. Plays nicely on net as well.

To add to all good qualities, it is quite cheap.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

3. 1980bunge

1980bunge Regular Member

I would recommend the Carlton Vapour Trail Tour, it's a great racket and can get some great deals on it. It's even balanced mid flex racket.
    It's a good all round racket and my go to racket when playing bad.
    The only thing I will say the strings it comes with are rubbish so would recommend getting it restrung.

4. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Member

I guess u r into Yonex n looking at the upcoming mid year sale. Here are some of the more popular specs:
    Stiff and Head Heavy: Z-Force II, Viltric 80, Astrox 99, Astrox 88S/D
    Stiff and Even balanced: Arcsabre 11, Duora 10, Z-Speed
    Stiff and Head light: Nanoray 800, 900
    Mid Stiff and Head Heavy: Astrox 77
    Flexible and Headlight : Nanoray 750