Is there any Yonex 4E shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Rommel Alastra, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I sent message to racquet force via their facebook page. I was asking if the Yonex 65 z 2 wide (white red) is 4E. They reply, it's not 4E. I hope he is wrong.

I love Yonex or Victor brand. I was wondering if Victor has 4E shoes as well?

2. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I am surprised RF told you the way it is... because it is indeed wide.
    Chou Tien Chen has been using the 65 wide series since like 2017..
    You can see his colorways over the years for reference.

Anyway, here's 3 for your consideration.
    CFZ2WMD, CF3W, and 65Z2W.

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-comfort-z-2-wide-mid.html

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-comfort3-wide.html

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-65-z-2-wide.html

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I can give you a definitive reply for this. My feet are very wide and 4E is the most comfortable.

I've worn Victor wide (U shaped) ones, and I think the older victor wide shoes like the SH8500's were the most comfortable 4Es, absolutely perfect for me. IMO these are TRUE wide shoes. Unfortunately you won't find any badminton shoes that are true 4E in the current market - Victor themselves don't make it like this anymore either. 280mm was my size with old Victor wide shoes.

Then I tried the latest Victor wide shoes, which are supposedly 4E but definitely narrower than the older ones. Still wearable, but needed time to break in. 280mm was my size with the new Victor wide shoes, but they needed some time to break in.

The new Yonex wide shoes from the shb 65z or 65x series are 4E, but more oddly shaped. And while they required time to break in, it didn't take as long as the new Victors. They are also more V shaped rather than the U shaped Victors, so they sort of taper near the outer toe side (middle, fourth, and pinky toe area). Depending on how your foot is shaped, you may need to either go up 5mm when compared to Victor wide shoes. For instance, if I had a foot that is not tapered at the toe area, I'd probably go for 280 or 285.

#4 ChocoChipWaffle, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  5. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

ah so Victor does have 4E shoes as well. They don't indicate it on their website. They don't even say "wide". They just say it as "u shape" I guess.

6. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Yeah the support for wide footed people is next to none in the shoe industry