James Chua To-Be GiantKiller in Philippines

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by X Ball, May 21, 2006.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He will beat the mediocre field (only Hafiz, Beng Hong and Boonsak to beat).

Hafiz and Beng Hong have to step up ---- I think they are still not ready yet. The nerves will be with them.

James Chua has got nothing to lose --- he should go close.

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    he was a good player but then he was injured and never found his true form until today....same as tseun seng

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Has he re-found his form????

I hope to hear more of him.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

James has been trainiing for a while now and he should be in shape --- the question is whether he has the mental strength to carry him. I give him a good chance if he is in shape. I remembered him too as a very good player and yes he was 'robbed' by his injury.

Tsuen Seng has never stepped up --- I think he does not take care of himself well --- I saw him once eating at the food court in the megamall with his girlfriend. Most likely too much laksa and and nasi lemak.

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Well then that would be good to know.

I have not checked the draw but i would not rule out our neighbours from the north, Vietnam & Thai. They are defo establishing themselves at a respectable level.

As you said, dicipline in taking care of their body plays a big part in a pro athelete career.

6. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    James Chua is like the best player from sarawak right now eventhough he went to Kl to train. I wish him all the best and hope he can at least get to the semis. But i don think he is in the best shape, i heard that he is abit fatter now when he was in sarawak for the thomas cup training.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I will be very, very surprised if James Chua could beat Boonsak and Hafiz! :D

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

What's with Sarawakians ? Is it the good food or is it the culture to grow fat?

I thought the TC training would have slimmed him down. Did he feast on laksa and kolo mee or maybe sharksfin soup and will boar meat ? Shouldn't BAM be monitoring this --- don;t they have a program to advise them what to eat. See this is one of the things that angers me about BAM. They do not impose a strict diet plan for their players --- with all the money they spent on these players, they allow them to eat what they like. :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    james chua ????? :D

10. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

2002 Malaysian Open Mens Singles Champion:D

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Just to give you some food for thought.:eek:

Football players are much more highly paid, yet they go drinking alcohol, go to nightclubs, get into fights? Shouldn't their clubs stop them from going out?

Advice on what to eat is one thing. If you tell your players they cannot eat certain foods they like, I think you will not have many badminton players left - in M'sia, or in other parts of the world.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, I am sorry - you know nothing about sports from the way you write. People like Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Kenneth Johanssen (just to name a few) have a strict diet regime, that is why they are so fit. Aussies, for example, like Ian Thorpe, Michael Klim, and many others have been taught the right way to stay fit, including strict 'sportsman' diet. If they cannot follow, they know they are out.

These days to be competitive, you need to take care of your body. Just take Malaysian Josiah Ng, he will tell you how many calories he needs to consume and expand everyday --- top sportsmen excel because they care of their diet. Professionals will take offense to what you say as they dedicate their bodies to their sports (there is food analytics now being taught at sports institions). I know the top cyclists like Andersen devote half their time managing the food they eat as fats eat awy their stamina.

Your comments are irrelevant as you do not know the changing trend in sports (in fact this 'health' trend has been around for such a long time) -- where have you been man ? Who cares about footballers, they do not count as the top echelons of individual sports.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Please don't be too harsh on Cheung. You must be new to this Forum and may not know a little about the background of Cheung, who is a longstanding member and one of the administrators of BC. I believe he is trained in the medical field.

I think what Cheung means is that even professional players must be given some liberties, perhaps to ensure that they remain sane. Even in the choice of food, it is not particularly harmful if a player chooses those that he likes to eat so long as the nuitritional value is not lost. Being too regimental may not suit every player and the coach must use his discretion.

A professional footballer is known to be one of the toughest athletes around and he can certainly compare very well against a professional badminton player. Although football is a team game, every member must be in tip-top physical and mental condition to perform and coordinate well. Their game is entirely different from badminton and we must not take away the credit from them.

Who cares about football? Being the no. 1 sport in the world, when the professional players are highly paid and well supported by sponsors, your question is redundant. Come June, all the world's eyes will be glued to the TV, some during very odd hours just to watch their favourite heroes and teams in action. Money will spin, high stakes will be involved.

When can badminton achieve such accolades??? :confused: :crying:

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Don't worry --- not trying to pick on him. I knew what he meant but also trying to say a sportman in an individual sport cannot afford to take in anything they want these days without affecting their performances. And also trying to point out that he was wrong in saying that no one will be interested in the end.

In saying that I don't care I waqs referring to football as a team sport so people can drink and cavort if they like but not individual sport. I will also be watching football come the world cup.
    :D

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    what do u think about james chua compared with lcw ( in 2002 lcw was not as good as today) ?

16. Chu Liuxiang

In 2002 Malaysian Open, James Chua bt 6 Malaysian players from 1st round till final to grab the Mens Singles Champion. James bt defending champion Ong Ewe Hock ( who defeated Lin Dan and Bao Chun Lai), Lee Tsuen Seng ( whom defeated XXZ), Wong Choong Hann, Ismail Saman, Yeoh Kay Bin and another Malaysian player. James also won 3 out of 4 Malaysian local circuit champion in 2002.

However, if I am not mistaken, in 2002 Malaysian National Grand Prix Final, The Mens singles champion goes to Lee Chong Wei who beat Wong Choong Hann in the final. And from year 2002 onwards, LCW is always Malaysian National Champion till now.

James international results in 2002 should be better than Lee Chong Wei.

Personally, I still think Wong Choong Hann should be the top Malaysian singles player in 2002 but difficult to rate the others. There are a few good players in Malaysia beside WCH such as Roslin Hashim, Ong Ewe Hock, Yong Hock Kin, James Chua, Lee Tsuen Seng, Lee Chong Wei and Hafiz Hashim. :D

17. taufik-ist

it administrator
    i want to see him playing :D

18. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

I am impressed with your knowledge of Malaysian players.Generally Malaysians are too critical of their own players.In this competitive world,with China,Indonesia, Denmark and Korea competing for honours,Malaysia have not done too badly at all.I am glad that you acknowledge the good players from Malaysia.Culturally speaking Malaysian players are at a disadvantage.They are a contented lot.This change,when Fang Kaishaing became a coach in Malaysia.For the present set of players they are fortunate to have LImao and Rexy.The players have to start think for themselves in order to be world class players.

19. Chu Liuxiang

Before Malaysia getting any foreign coach, in 1984, Malaysia even lost to England in Thomas Cup hosted in Kuala Lumpur. When Fang Kaishiang came to Malaysia, things changed and we notice Malaysia's improvement and always in TC final. ( from 1988 till 1994 ). Players like Foo Kok Keong, Cheah Soon Kit, Ong Beng Teong, Soo Beng Kiang, Kwan Yoke Meng, Sidek brothers( Razif, Jalani, Rashid, Misbun), Yap Kim Hock, Tan Kim Her did some good jobs for Malaysia.

This year, we notice that Malaysia has a very strong lineup in Mens Doubles, maybe the strongest in the world with 5 to 6 strong pairs that able to beat any pairs in the world when they are in their form. We hope to see some upcoming singles players from the junior team beside the Thomas Cup singles players. Malaysia has a lot of good singles players in 2002 but not so impressive in 2006. Obviously, China has the best mens singles lineup this year comparing to Malaysia, Indonesia, Denmark and Korea.:D

20. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

The answer to the strong doubles Malaysia have now is Rexy with the foundation solidly cemented by Pang Cheh Chiang.Pang is also the coach responsible for Tan Boon Heonng and Hoon Thien How wresting the World Junior title in 2004.Another good doubles coach is Jeremy Gan.Singles players are lacking solely because Rashid have been given too many players to train.Malaysian players need taskmasters to mould them into world class players.They need to be knocked some senses into their head before they could produce results.