James Chua To-Be GiantKiller in Philippines

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by X Ball, May 21, 2006.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

U said it - I am disappointed. James should have played well but his fitness (all those Sarawakian curries) let him down.

I think Tsuen Seng should not waste his time playing anymore --- he is not focused anymore. Not everyone can be a champion like LCW.

As for Boonsak, he is a really very fit and clever individual. But I think still one class below LCW and Lin Dan.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hafiz justifies his coach's existence

Ok it may only be the Philippines Open but I think Hafiz is coming back. He has proven he still wants to win.

Misbun has been vindicated --- that he has still got the touch to turn Hafiz around.

I think Roslin in some way should reassess his own retirement plans. He is not that bad, if he can curb some of his 'throw-away points' habit.

As for Beng Kuan, I think he needs to grow up quick. Perhaps Li Mao can shake some sense into him --- he must learn to be aggressive (his TC performance was too weak, I get to think maybe he was literary following the instructions of Minister Azalina's call to be cool on the day ;) ).

The Indonesian meet should be a Malaysian attack again --- let us hope this will be an LCW win and raise the spirit of the Malaysian camp after its shocking exit at the TC.

I can say all is forgiven --- Hafiz is still a hero !!! So is Misbun !!!

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Whatever happened to that "giant-killer" bit?

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well sadly, pre-empting a good story line for him did no good. He obviously did not read this article else he might have been motivated enough:eek: :mad: !

Really, I think it is time for players like Tsuen Seng and James Chua to re-examine themselves. They were promising players but somehow along the way, they seemed to wallow in diffidence. I am pretty sure they go through the same training as LCW but obviously not getting the same result. So, did they cheat in their training (and come up short) or are they a spent force ?

I truly think they can still produce the goods if they try enough --- e.g. even Roslin proved he was capable on the day (especially the 1st set against Hafiz in the Philippines Open 2006, forget the 2nd as he lost his motivation -- besides it was a aginst his brother). In retrospection, I am not sure whether he would have been more effective than Beng Kuan in the TC --- still water under the bridge, I should not bring that up).

Going forward, I hope James Chua can be a giant killer. Somebody in this forum said he has put on weight -- perhaps that is the reason, perhaps not. I think the Minister's recent outburst after the failure in the TC will put fringe players like James Chua under surveillance. Needless to say this would either spur him to perform or get AXEcuted --- I think he likes to play badminton and would like to carry on --- so that being the case, we can expect him to perform once he gets fit.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I don't think James put on weight. Its just that his type of body needs alot of maintenance. have to do regular weight trainings. What he lacks is stamina and speed ( we are talking in terms of pro level ). Like what you say.. he might not be fit enough yet or his fitness level is not consistent. In terms of Giant Killer.. its hard to say also even i would want him to be one. Age is catching up as well for him.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He had that injury to his knee as well.