Japan Open 2006: FINALS (15/10)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 14, 2006.

1. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

Because he sadly realized the truth: now he cannot compete LD any more even when he played his aXX off :D

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    So... BCL beat LCW in WC was because LCW not in form and also LYB, but when LCW beat BCL then it was the right result... dude, LCW fans remind me of TH fans.:confused:

WOW...How did you know Taufik was "Surprised", too???:confused: I would bet even if Taufik was surprised, he wasn't quite as surprised as Lin Dan today.:p

3. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I am not saying that BCL bet LCW because he wasn't in good form. Of course BCL played well in Madrid. Even when LCW is in good form, it is not a 100% guarantee that he will win against BCL or other opponents.Anything can happen on the court.

I am just stating that he wasn't in good form because you couldn't find the speed in his game.His quality of play wasn't as good as when he played in the tournaments before, esp HK Open.He was slow during the matches.

Taufik said that himself that he was surprised. I was just quoting his words.

If one day Lin Dan didn't play as usual, no powerful smashes, no speed, i am sure that everyone will agree that he wasn't in good form too.

#883 Malaysianfan, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Ya but no big deal losing to Taufik when he is not in top form recently. Btw Taufik also lost easily to LCW in the TC qualifying round when he is not in top form earlier. Talking bout tournament.... alright his tournament result cannot compare to guys like LD and Taufik, but remember that he came to the scene much more later than those guys. If anyone would rank the class of players by winning tournaments, maybe he is not "1st class" but skill wise he IS definitely. And in future, the player which has the most ability to beat LD is also LCW (and of course young CJ too) since PG is old (sorry to say that), taufik doesnt give a damn. Lets see whether he can produce sth special in another 1 or 2 years time.

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I actually meant this years WC :). But I guess it applies to last year as well!

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think you forgot Taufik's Sudirman cup loss to LD. That's under 15 pts and Taufik is at his peak. LD is at his best in that match.

I think 21 pts is just partly the reason. TH has been unbeaten (when he really cares and goes all out) from OLympic to 05 WC. So my guess is that he himself became too flattered by this and developed too much false-self-confidence. He easily forgot that he is really not playing that different nowadays than his younger days, and back in those days he was often beaten, and sometimes beaten bad.

TH has to face the reality and start everything over. If he wants to beat LD like in 05 WC again.

#886 ye333, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006