Jump smash help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Adam32, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Adam32

Adam32 New Member

I have been playing since last year. I have won a few tournaments in my town and I made it to the provincial highschool tournament in Ontario Canada. I have never trained with a coach I just taught myself from the internet. The angel of my smash is awful, I always seem to hit out the back and I miss hit alot. If anyone has any tips that would be great

2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    Smashing action looks ok - get further behind the shuttle before you jump in order to take it further in front. This will give a steeper smash, and add more power. You also look a little tense - I would like to see you hit in the same way but with less tension in your body before you play the shot.

Good luck!

3. Adam32

Adam32 New Member

Thanks, I will try that. :)

4. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    Try varying the distance you get behind the shuttle to see what effect it has - my view is you should move approximately 0.5 - 1 metre further backwards before you play the stroke, to ensure your bodyweight is really going forwards at contact. You may even benefit from getting further behind the shuttle than that! Good luck!

5. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    From What I see (maybe try also filming from the front or rear) you kind of hit in a sideway motion, not straight. I also think your feet alignment is a problem, it should be a bit wide and facing the side, but not with the racket leg(right) behind the non-racket leg (left). You should also jump with both legs at the same time.

But it may be the angle of the camera.