K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Indian Badminton League is a great thing to happen: Srikanth

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/oth...-a-great-thing-to-happen-srikanth_767990.html

EXCERPTS:

"IBL is a great thing to happen. Badminton has been on the rise. You learn a lot when you have senior players in your team. My team I have (Mathias) Boe and (Markis) Kido, so there is lot to learn from them. The way to start and end, the way to behave yourself on court, mental strength," Srikanth told reporters on Saturday night.[TABLE="align: right"]
    [TR]
    [TH][/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

"Actually we thought we could get the doubles, so that was the first drawback for us. Then Guru`s match with Ajay, those two matches were crucial for us. It was some kind of focus (issue) in the second game. He (R M V Gurusaidutt) was actually leading 17-14 in the second," he said.

"Throughout the tournament I had been performing well, so I just wanted my team to a get good start and got it," he said

On his net game, the 20-year-old said, "He(Tanongsak) was a bit stronger than me at the nets I guess. I just wanted to attack him from the backhand side."

The Guntur-born player said winning the Thailand Open in June helped him gain confidence.

"It gave me a lot of confidence. It improved my mental strength and I gained a lot from that," said Srikanth.

He further said he will be participating in the Japan Super Series next.

Good Luck srikanth..

2. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

he has beaten Sho Sasaki at the JO SS and since he has only 9 tournaments ranking points, his ranking may well shoot up to top 30 which is good because it means he will qualify for the main draw automatically without having to play the qualifiers (waste of energy):D

3. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

sorry for Srikanth in the india GPG
    the painful costs a player must pay for becoming an excellent one

4. soami

soami Regular Member

He was leading 19-12 in the second set. Lost straight 9 points and lost the match. Bad.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    KS is ranked 30 at present. But he should move up a couple of places at least, in the next release of rankings when his performance at the India Open GPG is factored in.

He needs to stop trying to brute-force his way through every game and pay more attention on the many pillars of successful singles play: variation of pace, injection of speed, construction of the point. And patience.

6. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

Also,he needs to improve his forehand defense. Interestingly, saina has the same problem. the opponents always try to return the shuttle to their forehand area to obtain advantages, very unusualt tactics. i can't help thinking it's gopi's mistakes

7. soami

soami Regular Member

Forehand defence becomes a problem when a player is too focussed on covering his backhand clears and smashes which he thinks are weak points. As Srikanth grows in confidence and maturity he probably will try less to bruteforce and play superfast and be patient in rallies. He is a very good singles player. needs a little more more maturity perhaps. He is young.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Very very unfortunate. I feel really for him. Having a huge lead with just two points to grab an incredible victory, he let the opponent to scroll back to lose the game as well as the match eventually. It should be a huge pain to a player. I can see that disappointment of losing the 2nd game in the 3rd game itself. He literally guven up without trying harder. His power is exceptionally well when compared to his opponent. Xue song changed his tactics by playing flat fast game which paved the way for him. Hope srikanth won't take this loss personally and improve further in his mental strength.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    In the latest BWF rankings, he is in no.20 for the first time. I don't have any doubt in his improvement. I hope he will improve further. I read somewhere about kashyap's dislocated left shoulder and consequent decreased form . Really pity one. Hope he will come back to normal form. At the same time, rise of youngsters such as prannoy, k.srikanth etc will definitely be boost to badminton as a whole in india.

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    HS Prannoy beat K Srikanth in the quarterfinals of the Manorama Indian Open National Ranking Tournament - 18-21, 21-13, 21-16.

This is not very good news for the Indian National Champion on the eve of the European Circuit :(

11. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Kidambi Srikanth rises to World No. 13

India's Kidambi Srikanth rose five places to a career-best No. 13 in the men's singles rankings released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Thursday.

Though the 21-year-old lost two matches in the recently concluded Thomas Cup, his victory over higher ranked German Marc Zwiebler gave him a solid chunk of points.

Source - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rises-to-World-No-13/articleshow/35721323.cms

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Srikanth falls unconscious and recovers.

He fell unconscious in the washroom of the gopichand academy , hyderabad. Fellow players who saw him lying on the floor motionless drew the attention of coaches and rushed to jubilee hills hospital and he was kept in ICU for few days and now was shifted to general ward.

After reading this news, I was shocked and is sharing immediately. I could not give the links etc now since I am posting this from mobile while riding. Sorry guys.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This is very sad news indeed. :( I hope it is not a critical or life-changing complication, and young Srikanth recovers completely and as quickly as possible.

Thanks, scorpion1, for sharing this information.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Srikanth falls unconscious, recovers

J. R. Shridharan
    VIJAYAWADA, July 3, 2014

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/srikanth-falls-unconscious-recovers/article6171296.ece

Excerpts:

The badminton fraternity heaved a sigh of relief when K. Srikanth, India’s ace shuttler, who was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a corporate hospital was moved to the general ward after a brief illness on Wednesday.

...“He played the Japan and Indonesia Open tournaments recently and doctors felt he might have contracted some viral infection during his stay in the eastern countries,” said K.V.S. Krishna, Srikanth’s father, from Hyderabad.

...Srikanth is India’s biggest medal hope in the Commonwealth Games at Glasgow (Scotland) and Asian Games at Incheon (Korea).

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Poor guy. An unfortunately timed incident running up to very important tournaments.

16. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Wow. Best medal hope for India, did something even worse happen to Saina then?:D
    Seriously though hope it is just a small infection.

off topic
    Thanks for news [MENTION=37720]scorpion[/MENTION] but what are you riding that you could post all of that?

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Actually, i posted quickly the news which i read before starting my bike.. I didn't have time to copy paste the links etc since my friend was waiting outside my home.. That's why i said simply like that.. Ofcourse, nobody can post a message while riding.. Now got it???;)

But it's an unfortunate incident.. I don't get it what doctors were suggesting to him.. Would that happen to a person to fall unconscious and motionless when he is affected by virus?? I think there may be some other thing which he need to check out clearly.. I need to check it out with my bro who is a doctor before coming to a conclusion..

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Possibly dehydration from training in association with being weak from a virus.

Why he would have to stay in intensive care for a few days for that diagnosis is a mystery unless it is VIP syndrome.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Haha got it thanks. And agreed, seems strange, he has been in intensive care etc and they are still unsure what it is even themselves. I think viruses would be pretty easy to conclude with tests.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    this is not good, hope he recover soon