Kento Momota (桃田賢斗)

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by zimmerman, Nov 12, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The guy in the video is BAM President.

Other points from 3.75 onwards : All 4 will be warded for further observation
    Info from Doctors is that Momota's nose & cheekbone injury dont need intervention. I suppose this means dont need surgery.

For those who want to know abt the driver, BAM said they sent a representative to Serdang Hospital to convey condolences.
    They still are not clear on how the accident happened.

#6181 eaglehelang, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Pcyl, BeeKi, kurako and 1 other person like this.
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Official news from BAM
    [​IMG]

3. eaglehelang

They(BAM President, media) said it's minor injury cos the doctors said it's minor.

Serious injuries in road accident is far more broken places, punctured lungs, etc, etc.

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Oh no this is terrible. But Momotas injuries could have been much worse. RIP Mr Driver.

Pcyl and kurako like this.
  5. eaglehelang

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    As if monday morning isnt terrible enough on its own and now this has to happen also :confused::(

7. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Considering it was a fatal road accident, Momota would be lucky if this is only a fractured nose, jaws and lips. And i hope that it is only that and nothing more.

Competition wise though it is a lot. It is too much. I hope he can really get back.

Sad. Very sad.

lodoss and kurako like this.
  8. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

I pray for all of them to get well soon...

Pcyl and CLELY like this.
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    What time was the accident (local time)?

10. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think 4:45 AM

11. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Such bad news. So sad that the driver was killed. I hope all the passengers are okay.

I know car accidents happen in all countries, but the traffic is especially dangerous when I was in Kuala Lumpur. The drivers were ignoring the red lights, and cars would drift across the lanes with no signalling. Sometimes the cars would even straddle the lane marker - I don't know what's the point of having lanes if cars pretend they are not there. But I suppose this is true of many developing countries. I just wish the authorities would enforce the traffic laws and rules in developing countries because it makes it safer for everybody.

London_Player likes this.
  12. kurako

kurako Regular Member

According to Bernama, Momota's CT scan results did not come up with any serious injury. That, at least, is a relief.

upload_2020-1-13_15-11-54.png

Pcyl, ebcd, lodoss and 2 others like this.
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think this is the local road route to KL to KLIA. Drivers take this route to avoid toll fees on the main motorway.

I agree driving conditions are not great in KL. New road planning is actually terrible and lots of new roads and bypasses come up which are like patchwork.

14. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Language teacher & graduate student in linguistics
    Terrible news... in 2017 dutch national player Erik Meijs unfortunately passed away in a car crash on his way to training. Happy to hear the life of KM and his team weren't (at least it seems) endangered. Unfortunate to hear the driver did not have the same luck... :(

buibui2 likes this.
  15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

According to an article posted by Sponichi Annex (https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2020/01/13/kiji/20200113s00086000334000c.html <Japanese>), the Nippon Badminton Association (NBA) has received a report that outlines the degree of injuries as follows:

Momota Kento: Lacerations on the jaw, brow, and lips; extensive contusion. (... no mention of any fractures; if it is simply a hairline fracture, then it may be deemed not to merit a mention)
    Morimoto Akifumi (Momota's trainer): Fracture of right forearm, concussion, extensive contusion
    Hirayama Yu (Support coach sent by Unisys): Right shin laceration, damage to teeth, extensive contusion

In another article, Daily mentions that Momota was seated in the second row of the van.

buibui2, Pcyl, lodoss and 3 others like this.
  16. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Just thinking about it, it's fortunate that more players were not involved in this accident. Kamura/Sonoda, too, have withdrawn from the Indonesia Masters due to Kamura's shoulder inflammation, but the pair obviously decided to return to Japan via other means.

CLELY likes this.
  17. PricelessShuttle

PricelessShuttle New Member

Does it mean that momota get away with his nasal fracture or it's just an addition to the previous article?

18. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Don't forget Tan Chee Tean and Antonia Meinke who died in Czech Republic. Accident can happen anywhere not just in Malaysia.

LenaicM likes this.
  19. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

BWF should consider to the interval time between two consecutive tournaments. I think that because the time for travelling was too short, that's why players have to move out at midnight. (maybe depend on the flight time as well)

This problem was not only for players but also for coaches and BWF's staffs. They all have to move between two nations in very short time, and that's why they have to move at night. There's no choice.

#6199 terrynguyen121988, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    buibui2, KhoaHa, BeeKi and 1 other person like this.
  20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I'm not sure.

This NBA announcement to the Japanese mass media did not contain the term 'nasal fracture', only the injuries outlined above. ... And, apparently, the announcement was based on a medical report received from the Malaysian side.

Apart from that, according to an update in Daily, Momota seems well enough to be able to converse and walk around the hospital by himself.

As far as seating positions in the van are concerned: Momota and Morimoto were located in the second row, and Hirayama in the third. There is no mention of Thomas, but he will have probably been seated together with Hirayama.

buibui2, Pcyl and BeeKi like this.