Killed in action

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by badrad, May 10, 2005.

1. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Being a bit optimistic here I see. :)

Hope Mrs.Badrad is okay. Feel really sorry for Badrad....oops. Mrs Badrad I meant ;)

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yeah, I hope Mrs. Badrad is okay too :). Now the boys will spread rumours of the terminator couple :D!

3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

Poor Raquet

I feel sorry for the raquet haha j/k. I hpoe Mrs Badrad is ok. Guess we won't be seeing you for a while at britania. I hope you didn't do it on purpose so you can meet someone daughter like you told me last saturday HMMMMM :D

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    :eek:
    :eek: That someone's daughter is just about 8 weeks old... :eek: maybe when I am collecting pension, she would be just at the right age. never too old for XD...:p:p:p

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    :p I called her at work, and she replied "badrad? who's badrad"... then she exclaimed "Oh Yeh! The Dork that whacked me on the HEAD!"... yeh, she's likely to keep this hanging over me for some time...

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u must hide that broken racket or it'll be a sloooooooow death. :D

7. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You sure she used dork, right? :D

-dave

8. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    i recall the word she used was more like a slang for a part of the male anatomy... the part of me that i think she will try to break her racquet on, next time we play together... probably more of a drive shot than a smash...

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Man, Mrs. Badrad is one tough cookie! The boys on the other side probably see her in a new light and started lifting their shots to avoid her wrath:p. It's their instinctual protection mechanism: She has to take out on the opponents as she couldn't actually take it out on her errant partner:D. Poor guys must have been severely punished when they direct any returns to her:p.

10. SChan

SChan Regular Member

I was reading news on cbc.ca, like I do everyday, and I noticed this story. It made me remember this thread right away. It is truly sad how a friendly sport such as badminton can actually cause death. Anyone know any more details on this article?

11. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

It is sad when we hear things like this, but typically it is not badminton but an underlying medical condition that is the cause of death.

The fact that she was playing badminton (it could have been any other sport or exercise) was just the catalyst for her condition.

Cheers!

12. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    do you think this has anything to do with H5M1, they should do some further investigation on it

13. jko9830

jko9830 Regular Member

Student
    well it happened like along time ago, but i rmb my friend telling me about it since he was there witnessing the whole process. well he did say that the raquet was old, but not old to the point that it would fly off during smashing...maybe it was just an accident. and it wasnt just the raquet head, it included some part of the shaft too.

14. oscar

oscar Regular Member

I HATE FAKE RACQUETS!!!! it's stupid and dangerous and what for?! jus to look cool and save $2?? anyway that's the first time i've heard of some1 dying from badminton which is really really rare. I've seen people break they're racquet head from smashing but that's pretty much it, personally i only broke strings never a racquet, more people should buy the nano and at ^^ higher durability.

15. kingkiller48

kingkiller48 Regular Member

Student
    Oh my god, this happened to my coach and my friend...

But the weird thing is, the racket is not fake- it's real. The racket head flung to my coach's head, and shreds from the racket head pierced through his skin...

Didn't kill him though.

16. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I had an accident once, just somewhere last year. I did a tennis forehand groundstroke and unfortunately followed through too much so I hit my head with the racquet. Just above eye near the eyebrow. It was bleeding a lot, so I rushed to the office and went to the hospital after.:( So guys and gals becareful when you play badminton, or whatever that can hurt somebody or yourself. I guess it's a good thing I usually check out my racquet every now and then to see if it's in good condition. Sad to hear this story...

17. kaizen

kaizen Regular Member

Student
    Heh. You're not alone. I have hit myself during games too. Once, i hit my my left thumb and it was swollen for a week. I 've my own face a few times, but not very serious. Another time, in the after-math of executing a smash, the racket which was still in motion, hit the part which defines my manlihood. But luckily, the shuttle had taken most of the power and i still retained my manlihood.:)

All these are personal faults. But if the racket breaks off and flies and injures someone, it would still be our own fault, because we can't blame anyone else and we didn't check our rackets beforehand. Hope no one has to take the blame for their rackets.

18. Dorythefish

Dorythefish Regular Member

Student
    anybody know the cause of death???