KKK/TBH might split???????

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Inky2000, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Split or dont split, it wont change a thing. They will not win that Olympic Gold next year.

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I second that :p

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hope KKK/TBH will win that Olympic Gold@Beijing 2008

But I hope that they will win that Olympic Gold next year, not only for themselves, but for Rexy and for Malaysia.

:):):)

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

It will be a looooong hope then.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    At least there is hope, long but better than no-hope...they are still young in age and in partnership, because they came from nowhere to ascend the top so fast and in doing so raised fans expectations to a high level, and when they are fall and in some rough times now, fans start to question their abilities. OLY08 is still a long way away, in between now and OLY there are tons of SS and Opens to play...also in the current 21-point system, winning one tourney does not guarantee winning the next one as we had witnessed so far...it is better to be off form now to humble them back to earthand to tell them there is still work to do (that's why Rexy earns his paycheck). Actually, if they keep winning, that may not be good as they may get compacent and cocky. Like it or not, KKK/TBH still is MAS best hope to medalling, hopefully gold. As for LCW, I hope he does not play so much baddy, especially, those means-nothing tourney like Kedah Open when it gets close to OLY time. Target OLY, win it and retire...that is it.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

They came from nowhere and ascended to the top? Yes, true with the AG and AE titles. But after that, it was downhill all the way.

Having talent is one thing. But go ask Rexy and he will tell you having that god's given talent alone wont take you far. You need a strong grounded mentality as well. KKK, especially have turned into a big time prima donna after his early successes. And thats the downfall. And all these talk about KKK/TBH being still young and all is going nowhere but are mere excuses.

Olympic games is not far away, dude. And with the way things are going now, that Gold is looking more like a fantasy.

In conclusion, the realists will say there is no hope for that Olympic gold, while those fantasists will hope against the mother of all hope and will say "at least there is still hope" etc.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Beijing Olympics 2008: LCW & KKK/TBH are Malaysia's best hopes

Hi OneToughBirdie,

Not only for LCW and KKK/TBH to win, but for them to enjoy the Beijing Olympics 2008 as well.

They are Malaysia's best hopes.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I say LCW has a 25% chance to land that gold. The lad tends to freeze up on the big occassion.
    With KKK/TBH, I say they will be knocked out early and then get to enjoy the sights in Beijing as tourists. I am sure KKK will enjoy the discos and shopping in Beijing.

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    OLY is 10 month away...that is a long time in baddy time...not too long ago, LCW tanked and was labeled a write-off, in less than a 10-month period, he rebounded with IO07 win and now considered a contestant for OLY gold. Yes, LCW tends to froze at majors, I say it is not a lack of talent but the pressure gets to him. BAM and the coaches should realize this flaw and correct it, how I have no damn idea..hahaha!
    A players or players who are winning and peaking now, say Markis/Kendra, may tank come OLY time, or in the very next Open SS. Hey! LD may froze at OLY being played at home, who knows? Or CJ may not even make it to play at OLY, again who knows? TH may surprise us all and win the darn thing again with him already won OLY04 and really has less pressure to win this time around. A lot depends on the draw in OLY and the players mental preparation.
    Agree KKK/TBH is down now, but with their age, they are still young and it is Rexy job to pick them up, still MAS best hope for a medal, whether you agree or not. If you write them off, then MAS really has no hope for MD medal, unless you think uncles LWW/CTF can deliver the goods given them one year older in OLY.
    With talent, at least Rexy has a chance to mould them back into world beaters, with no talent, there is really no hope of that happening.
    I am saying there is plenty of Opens to play between now and OLY08, KKK/TBH can rebound and win in any of the Opens as LCW did, other current winners e.g. Markis/Kendra may falter and tank too...the game of baddy with the 21-point system is unforgiving compare to the 15-point system, one day a player or players can be champion and the next day, becomes a loser. It is funny that when KKK/TBH are winning, fans are coming along for the ride and singing the accolades, and when they lose only to hear the same fans jumping off the wagon as if the wagons are infested with fleas and screaming at them loud.
    Are fans fickle, no, actually MAS fans are passionate and love their players and the game of feathercock so much that they actually cannot take losing and that is healthy for baddy in MAS. Permuda, I think you hail from trengganu, I think you are a MAS fan in your heart, wanted MAS to win as I do, but posts negative comments cos you hate them losing or I could be wrong...;)

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Heard the discos in Beiging is hot and so are the chinese chicks there...hahaha!!!:D:D:p:p

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Imo..

..I am quite sure also Pemuda is a passionate and big fan of M'sian badminton:cool:..But, at the same time, i don't think he is exclusively looking negatively at M'sian badminton. From reading his posts, which may sound like he's discounting and bashing all the recent M'sian success, I think he is quite a critical and i would say a realistic poster who posts with candor while looking at the overall picture..:cool:

#51 ctjcad, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Beijing Olympics 2008: LCW & KKK/TBH 25% chance to land GOLD in their events@Beijing

Hi Pemuda,

Agree with you that LCW has a 25% chance to land GOLD @Beijing Olympics 2008.

However, I also think that KKK/TBH are also getting a 25% chance to land GOLD too.

Perhaps, I am too optimistic for them. :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers... chris@ccc

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Actually 25% chance for gold for KKK/TBH and LCW are not too bad odds...what then is the % for the other 6/7 top pairs in MD and the other top 4/5 in MS to split the remaining 75%...hehehe!!!:p;):D

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We are talking about the Olympic games, dude. Whats at stake is that Gold. The olympic games is a big time affair, and sadly Malaysian shuttlers are pretty weak upstairs. Skills and talents wise, our top players are more or less at par with the best in the world. But sadly, skills and talents wont win you em' big titles. You need that mental strength as well. And this is where our shuttlers fail big time. Our shuttlers are a pampered lot and the Oympic games is no Philippines Open or Kedah Open. There will be huge amount of pressure there, and our shuttlers dont like that. Mentality are shuttlers are weak, not grounded and likes to to be molly cuddled.

I will make it clear again. In Beijing, only LCW stands a chance to bag that elusive gold. I rate his chances at 25% only. Why? Because he is not a big time player. He choke easily in big events. As for the rest, I am sorry it is zero chance.

I am Malaysian. And I am a realist. And 10 months is not a long time away. Ask any top rate sportsperson, and they will tell you that. This is no negative comments. KKK/TBH just dont cut it, I am sorry. They are flash in the pan.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The disco arena is where KKK/TBH, KKK especially will score big. They will get their Olympic gold there in the discos.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I put my money on KKK/TBH being knocked out early, 2/3 round?

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Flash in the PAN.. meaning ONE tournament champion right:cool:

18. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Flash in the PAN?
    Fresh in the PAN... not yet cooked meat :p

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No matter weather they win or lose for sure.. we have to support them. Encourage is better than discourage. Its not good to put or express negativity upon people. Im sure at times we face difficult time..but there is always people to bring us up and give us hope. And Hope is all they need. Hope will give them the desire to chase their dreams.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We should hope for the best, but prepare for the worst

Yes... agree with ants. We should hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.