KKK/TBH might split???????

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Inky2000, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I quite agree with you on the mental strength side of MAS players and you made some good comments...still I feel you wanna see MAS do well...;)

2. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Pemuda, if KKK/TBH wins OLY08 gold, I don't think you would be too upset though even though that would make your prediction wrong? ;)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    High hopes for LCW and KKK/TBH @Beijing Olympics 2008

Hi OneToughBirdie,

When I said, for each KKK/TBH and LCW having 25% chance for gold@Beijing Olympics 2008, I meant that each of them will at least get to the semi-finals and each will have equal chances to win GOLD, as with their other semi-finalists.

I have high hopes for them. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    They simply need a good cook ;)

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I know...Pemuda is a MAS supporter...just his way of talking reverse psychology...hehehe!!!:D;):p

6. ChompChomp

ChompChomp Regular Member

never say never!!!

remember Kim DM/Ra KM were expected by fans all over the world to win GOLD? they were unbeaten for like more then a year but end up beaten by the denmark pair in early round...so sad... im sad...they were sad...every fans around the world sad too :crying::crying::crying:

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

It could also mean one season wonder i.e. hot for a year, not just ONE tournament.

Here's a pic to help you in kiddie school. ;)

Attached Files:

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Italian Dinner

Tell you what, I would like to be proven wrong here. If that 'glamour boy aka prima donna', KKK & TBH take that Olympic gold in Beijing next year, I buy a nice Italian dinner for you and 10 others here. Choice of Italian restaurant you decide.

Honestly, I would really really really love to be proven wrong here. I really honestly doubt KKK/TBH are Olympic gold type of quality. Disco, Gucci, Glamour quality, yes. But Olympic gold, no.

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Remember, P. Gopichand from India, once an AE MS champs too. what do he achieve after that??
    Don't always bash them, young players needs encouragement..

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Remember Hafiz, he won that All England too. He is still young, so according to you shall we continue to 'encourage' and molly cuddle this guy?

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

KKK/TBH is not even "hot" for half-a-year.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

But according to samuel882, they are still young and therefore we must treat them with care and love. They need love and pampering.

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I've just learn an English Word today ..

Encourage = love & pampering

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I do not want to take credit for my buddy Cooler's comment that after KKK/TBH won so many tourneys since they paired up, other countries began to study their play and develop strategies to beat them. And when they start to lose confidence and play badly, the situation worsen and they start to lose.
    If this duo will not win another tourney from now on, at least they have done MAS proud to win the AE after 25 years and the Asian Games. But because they are still young and have talents, hopefully (a big hope that is) Rexy can correct and steer them straight.
    As for the Italian dinner, that would be nice, but it would costs me more for airfare, accomodation and time away from my work...Pemuda, we MAS citizen and ex-citizen would like to see our players win the elusive gold in OLY or WC, at least in my lifetime. Why not we do it this way...if this duo win OLY gold, you can post the Italian dinner on BC for all MAS fans to salivate...hehehe!!:D:p;)

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    HH if he plays for CHN is history to make way for new players...not that HH lacks talent, he is talented but his seemingly lack of conditioning makes me question why bother sending him to participate at all...look at LD who technically is not as gifted as TH or LCW, but he more than make up the deficiency with his incredible fitness, reflex, speed and power game, that is why LD won so many tourneys and ranked #1 for so long. In MAS, I do not know how you can replace HH given he is the 2nd or 3rd best player in MAS MS lineup now, to remove him and let a new prospect takes his place (which make sense), that would be political suicide for the head coach and would not fly in MAS, which I think you know what I mean, especially if the new prospect tank and got knock-out early.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i've an idea..

:p..Pemuda, how abt this. If KKK & TBH do win the OG next yr, instead of treating the M'sian BCers to a nice Italian dinner, how abt if you take out KKK & TBH on a shopping spree in Beijing..I think that sounds better:p:D;)

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Pemuda, you've said this many times over in forum. Just out of curiousity, do you think Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan are also flash in the pan?

Of course Kido/Setiawan are more experienced. Prior to winning the World Champs in Aug, for almost one year they did not win any major titles. Last win was in Sept/Oct 2006 at HOng Kong and China Open. That's many months of drought.
    Another point I would like to ask the Indonesians : Were Kido/Setiawan bashed, critized, written off, etc in that one year ? Just wanna know what's the culture like there as comparision.

I can't read Chinese, so for those who know, were there much criticism in China for Fu/Cai after they lost in early rounds of World CHamp and Japan Open ? They looked unbeatenable in May, June, July this year.

Whether of not KKK/TBH can win the gold, remains to be seen.
    The difference would be Rexy is not the type of coach who just stand by and let them be a flash in the pan. That means not pampered but pushing them hard.
    If KKK/TBH were not mentally strong enough, they would not have won AG (and still be the reigning champion till 2010) and AE. Even if they were new pair, still need determination to win- something we have not seen in Malaysia for some time.

18. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

If KKK/TBH win OG next yr, I bet Pemuda will start a new thread claiming KKK/TBH still not good enough and will never be able to defend their title in the coming OG. ;) They are just never good enough for his standard, right Pemuda? :p:p:p

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-My feeling is..

(i've posted something similar to this in another thread)..
    ..there were definitely some optimisms after their success in 2006. And i know there were several BC members who were riding on their bandwagon during those times. But after those successes, only a few stayed true to their loyalty (namely badMania;)). I, myself, only kept a "cautiously optimistic" approach, knowing well that they were still young and their quick rise/success during that period will be hard to maintain (whilst also reminded of what happened to Luluk & Alvent). And true enough, they had a pretty rough struggle from there on til this past WC (a span of abt 9 months)..;)..While in comparison, KKK & TBH, on the other hand, are still yearning for their first "major" title in abt 7 months (last major win was in March '07, Swiss Open)..

#79 ctjcad, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Thanks ctjcad.
    I wasn't being clear in my post - I meant the public in general, media, government, PBSI. KKK/TBH are pressured by NSC (they were called up by the NSC director), media, public, told repeatedly badminton is best hope for Olympic gold - even I am sick of reading it. LCW said in a CCTV interview that it's 'a lot of pressure' for him in 2004 Olympic, 2006, 2007 World Champs. Hence reinforces the view that Malaysians are mentally weak to win big ones.

I'm not comparing it to the Korean pair- Jung/LYD, the WC runner-up, cos I don't know how crazy the Koreans are about badminton. They won a few titles in 2006, in 2007 they won Korean Open and Thailand Open(or was it Lee/Hwang?). They did have Olympic Champs and World Champs that've retired by now. So, what was the response whenever they lost, they are still young? Did the Koreans critize them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.