KKK/TBH might split???????

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Inky2000, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

originally posted by Badmania: I think the key is the media and government's attention. Both Hafiz and KKK/TBH were showered with gifts and attentions once they won the All-England. This caused them to lose direction and of course became distracted.

Likewise, when Kido/Hendra or Nova/Butet were experiencing problems, the Indonesian media was not as intense as the Malaysian media in criticizing the players. The coaches are also not as outspoken as Rexy and we hardly hear anything from them, except for some comment.

1) As someone else have posted, there aren't any better MD pairs in Msia at the current moment, so dropping the better players (unless you're refering to Hafiz in MS) is suicidal to the Malaysian challenge.

If Fu/Cai, Kido/Setiawan are Malaysians, when they were going thru lean months without titles, would you have written them off as flash in the pan, mentally weak, etc,etc. And would the veteran pairs (Tony/Chandra, the 2 Denmark pairs) been written off as old uncles who can't cut it anymore?

The Korean pair, LYD/Jung best outing recently was runner-up at WC, not too bad for young pair. Before that was winning Korean Open in Jan 2007.

This from countries that have produced World, Olympic and AG champs - their current top MD pairs have months of not winning titles.
    So, what would one expect from good ol Malaysia, who have never won? Not to say Malaysian players can't do it, but are we expecting too much from the long years of waiting?

2) How do we know whether the other countries MD Pairs have attitude problems or not ? The coaches didn't comment much in public. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.
    Though after the losts at WC 2007 Li Yong Bo did comment along the lines of the players must be mentally stronger and not be affected by the fans. And that from China, the strongest country in badminton world.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dont send them to the scrapheap first. A stint in the cold will be sufficient as the first step.

I used to be involved in football sometime back. Once I saw how a Korean coach handled a youth team squad. This Korean coach was no nonsense, in short he was like a dictator and his players were scared shitless of him. I saw him slap a player who was fooling around in training. And please dont get me wrong, I am not for such treatment. But my point is that BAM needs to get no nonsense with the shuttlers. By looking at this korean football coach, I can see why Korea have went on and played in numerous World Cups while Malaysia is still struggling to beat mighty Laos.

In KKK, we have a talented shuttler but after AE & AG, success has gone to his head big time. The lad needs to be taught a lesson. Rexy is fuming mad because he is a professional and cannot tolerate such prima donna attitude. KKK's attitude has resulted in a strained relationship with TBH. What else more needs to be said.

#102 Pemuda, Oct 4, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Not winning titles despite trying all out and not winning titles because of attitude issue are both different issues. You need to know that first.

In KKK's case, let me say it again, the issue is his poor attitude. He has become a big time charlie. Likes to showboat etc etc. Cai/Fu or Kido/Hendra dont do such a thing when they are on court. Thats the difference.

Rexy is fuming mad not because KKK/TBH are not winning titles. Rexy is fuming mad because of KKK's attitude that resulted in the pair not performing well.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

How sure are you that KKK had a strained relationship with TBH?

Malaysian players not only badminton even from history cannot be treated like the other players from Korea or China etc. We have our own way of doing things. Fortunate or unfortunate that is what Msians are.
    The employees can even fire their own boss if they don't like the way they have been treated.
    I do agree with you that the limelight and success has somehow affected KKK/TBH. But they are definately not bigheaded about their success.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, please refer to NST's report on 3/10/2007 on KKK/TBH relationship.

Yes, we indeed have our only way of doing things aka Malaysia Boleh! For example in football, during the 70s we were big time in Asia. We used to put Japan in our pockets and were (key word here - WERE) neck to neck with S Korea. But like you say "we have our own way of doing things" aka our Malaysia Boleh style la ... look at where is Japan and S Korea today?

In badminton, we are a badminton playing nation. When was the last time we had that Thomas Cup?? Despite the millions of RM and support from the government, success have been kinda errrr ... dry , eh? But again ... "we have our own way of doing things" la. What about the battle cry before the WC in KL recently. In the end, we limped home with our tails between our legs.

Very simple actually, aim high you get the stars. Aim low, you hit the dirt. At the end of the day, we are talking about standards la.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Yes.. thats the fortunate and unfortunate about "our way of doing things". Too bad our soccer is way way behind... i would was in the deepest end of the slump compare to other countries that u mentioned. Maybe it will take us another 5 or 10yrs in seeing Msian soccer in the limelight again. I would say that the Myteam program is a good start.

I do read the newspaper. NST, TheStar etc.. but you cannot believe 100% of what they wrote.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I would..

..second our ants on this:cool:...Hmm, maybe Pemuda doesn't know that ants is very2 close to the M'sian national team (w/players, coaches & personnels)..;)

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You mean by just being close to the national team, one can tell the future of that particular sport or player/s?? :confused:

If thats the case, since I was once involved with our national juniors football team, I am in a position to tell the future of FAM???

Very simple la, I put my money on KKK/TBH failing at Beijing. Lets see if I am proven wrong then.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, let's just simply say..

..ants probably knows more than any of us here abt the "real" going-ons & behind the scenes activities of BAM and the national squad (ie. players, coaches & personnels relationships etc.)..And i don't think he ever said he can tell what the future of the MAS players will be, did he??..;)

#109 ctjcad, Oct 4, 2007
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My brother, allow me to digress a little ... (gotta show some respect la, since I was told you are pretty close to our national shuttlers etc ;))

Trust me, we wont be seeing the revival of our football in another 5 or 10 years. Infact, I dare say it will be even worst. Am not blowing my horns here, but I made it to the national youth set up a few years back and had a few teams in the Super League knocking on my door back then. To cut the story short, I quit football totally because the entire set up was poor from the training to administration (till today we even have teams not paying their players salaries etc). I opted for something more concrete i.e. education.

Like football, most of our sports bodies are run by half baked politicians and their yes men. As such, you will see the results being poor year in and out.

Myteam is a publicity gimmick. You need to look at the grass roots to see the entire picture.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets put the money where the mouth is

And I respect that. But from what I have seen, I can based on my judgement say that KKK/TBH will fail big time in Beijing next year.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Im giving a little hope by saying 5-10yrs. U know football much better than me. Although Myteam is a publicity gimmick.. i also hope for the best for them. These guys are hardworking... i seen some of them train even at 1-2am!

Ctcjad: Of course i cant tell the players future. If i do.. i can play Paw and hit the mark heheh.

13. ants

ants Regular Member

When you say fail big time means... Fail 1st round? or Fail in the QF? Semis or Finals?

So far...no one is guaranteeing that they Will secure that GOLD. Lesser than a Gold will be a failure also.

#113 ants, Oct 4, 2007
  14. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Please don’t compare football & badminton.
    They are played by different races :)
    So different result with a same development project.
    Just my 2cents
    Cheers.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Definitely KKK/TBH wont win that gold. I say they will be hard pressed to make the 3rd round. Its the Olympic dude, this is where we separate the big boys from the prima donnas.

#115 Pemuda, Oct 4, 2007
  16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Wait a minute here. In the first place what has race got to do with sports!!!?? :confused:

If we based our judgement on race like you, we may as well go back to the stone age!

Sad really, its 2007 now, and we still cant see beyond the race barrier.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Oh dear....what has race got to do with football & badminton anyway :eek:

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

In sports as in life, whats important is the foundation. If the foundation is not solid, things will be flimsy at best.

Football wise, we have very poor or next to zero youth academies. In Europe for example, 8 year olds have their own junior leagues and football academies. This is where they develop the basics for the game.

Secondly, mentality. Like it or not, our Malaysian mentality is pretty weak. For example, when I was playing competitive football, a few of my teamates were offered stints in professional clubs in Europe i.e Germany and France (I wont name who here). But my teamates chose not to go. Why?? Because its tough being away from home, different climate, food,no sambal belacan, environment etc etc. They prefer the easy route - the Malaysian League. Same with badminton, KKK/TBH after AE & AG, all the attention went to their head.

Thirdly, the most damaging aspect - organization! All our sports associations for example BAM are headed by politicians. And as long as we have these people, there will be a big question mark on professionalism. I know, its our Malaysian way. ;)

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My point exactly why Malaysia's badminton is so under performing! Just look at the maturity of our own people!

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So far, I enjoy reading your posts as u present both sides of the story well. Of course, Malaysians won't like your negative tone...but...hey...it's a free press right :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.