KKK/TBH's Training Has Been Disrupted By Plenty Of Functions

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by sherlyn, Apr 16, 2007.

1. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

Anyone who reads chinese, I guarantee you'll get mad after reading this article:
    http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/65688

I'm not sure if there's any similar article in english. Anyone volunteer to translate?

"陈文宏说,自从两人在连夺全英赛冠军及瑞士公开赛冠军回国后,便频频受到各界邀请出席各项活动,使到练习时日减少。

古健杰也对在成名后活动行程频密感到无奈,他指出,最近两人受邀出席 许多与羽球无关的活动,减少两人练球的时间,他希望今后能尽量减少出席与练球无关的活动。

陈文宏在昨晚接受国内某家电视台晚上新闻节目访问时,更爆出他们无意前来马接进行表演赛,惟在国阵的安排下却不得不出席。"

I just hope those selfish and square heads will juz leave them alone. Give them more time to focus on their training instead of attending silly functions which got nothing to do with badminton.

#1 sherlyn, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...The Malaysia government should think seriously about this if they want KKK/TBH continue to bring glory to Mas.They are player and not the artist or star, they should not be force to attend all kinds of function.I really hope that the BAM will take some action because they are really talented and we Malaysian do not want to lose them.Finally,hope them will learn something in this ABC and know that if you wanna win, you must train hard.

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    Stupid private sectors especially. Just leave them alone! Why do you need them? Go and get some Menteri attend your functions better la!

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

wow. If the report is true, pls leave them alone and let them focus on winning more trophies for Msia, esp Olympics 2008. Malaysia Boleh... !

5. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Ok, the article in Malaysiakini and the attached short news talked about KKK/TBH being invited by political party to community activities just before some local election. This caused the opposition party accusing the other party in using the national sporting heroes for pulling in votes and thus politicalised (?) the sporting scene.

Whether the articles are true or not, for the benefits for everybody, these sportsmen should be left alone to do what they do best, i.e. sports!

6. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

yup..they & CTF/LWW being invited there but i dunno who invited them..

7. valen

valen Regular Member

who else invited them?

When I read the news at the newspaper of KKK-TBH at the Machap by-election, and they were said to be with the Deputy Sports Minister, I knew it was the Deputy Sports Minister who invited them. You see, this Liow Tiong Lai is also the Youth Head, MCA party. So, of course use (or should i say "misuse") the hotshots to garner in the votes -lar! :eek: Yes, I am disappointed at the distraction. They thought using them can make the young generation vote more for BN.

8. Rachel Tan

Rachel Tan Regular Member

I think the BAM is not handling this very well and eating their words.I thought the BAM already make it very cleared that KKK-TBH are not allow to attend anymore functions once they resume in training??

To make this worst, this so-called "to promote badminton sports" in Machap was scheduled on that day itself when the 4 players(included CTF-LWW) was heading to JB prior to the ABC! What does this tell us??

Come on,just give them a break!They are the sportsmen who only want to focus in badminton and not suppose to get involved in those irrelevant silly things!Those selfish people out there, pls leave them alone and don't spoil them!

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Why not Nichol David? She is actually a world champion!

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    MCA likes Badminton! :)

11. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Good to hear that they are drawing lots of attention. This is something any champion has to deal with and it actually helps to promote badminton in Malaysia, especially among the youths.

I hope they handle the change better than LCW and not turning away from it.

12. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I am not against promoting badminton, but he should not organise it during the campaining of Machap by-election and two days before the ACC. Moreover, it came after the head coach, Yap Kim Hock wanted all functions to stop for the benefits of the players. I feel sorry for these young boys who have no choice but to follow orders.

13. tjl_vanguard

Student
    YEAH!!! Chinese mah...... but Nicol mixed parentage isnt she hahaha :D

14. tjl_vanguard

Student
    Yes..... Exactly.... they are making them like puppets!!! dang those irresponsible ppl!

15. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Haih...all the things had happened and let it go la..now the most important thing is they should start their training and prove to everyone tat they will not become another LCW n Hafiz...;)

16. tjl_vanguard

Student
    nope nope nope nope nope... LCW is definitely not like hafiz..!!! LCW still have da passion to go back on top...!!! unlike hafiz... LCW has been doin or putting a lot of effort to regain his game.. but so far for years i haven hear anythin bout hafiz doin tat except boasting that he will win with his yoyo performance....

17. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Haha..i think so..but LCW has to work harder!if he meet CH in ABC,maybe he will in the final cos YKB also can win one of the three sets they played!!but all this had passed!!now,hope he can 'recover' soon..cos i still support him!!:) ;) :)

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    personally, i feel that LCW era's is over. kekekeke...
    try to look at Taufik and ChenH, been resting for quite some time yet still can produce such a good display in ABC; although they claimed they were not in top form. pardon me coz i gonna say this that i absolutely sick of their (Mal players) lame excuses why their are not in top form.

19. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

The past two years for LCW can be best described as progressive, but not a career prime time as a professional badminton player. He was getting close but never at the same level as LD, TH, and PG. I was deluded myself when he captured MO2005/2006 consercutively and I overly rated what he was able to deliver back then.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Though I am a Msian, I couldnt agree more with U. In the competitive world, esp sports, it's result-oriented and driven. Excuses and excuses just make the person looks like a fool.

However, we shouldnt doubt LCW's ability to conquer the world of Badminton, but I think the loss over his coach (Li Mao) has affected his games.