Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    Owh, i thought we still counting in 2010 World Championship in France? They lost to CY/FHF in final stage.For me, still consider they are good enough to reach final and lost to some great pair.

2. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Though some of their matches always lead us to disappointment, eg the ongoing Malaysia Open, but why do you guys have to make disappointment into indignant rather than cheering them up. Occasion raging is totally fine, in fact it's good in certain way. On the other hand, constant raging is not a good as a whole. We should show some supports and cheering to back level their fighting spirit. No one in this world would love to work in an environment with only complaints, grumble, dissatisfaction and etc. Would you prefer to have someone who speaks nicely to you and tell you everything will be fine, do better next time? Or someone who slams the door saying we don't need you now, get out of my sight?
    Well, I'm not expecting or convincing everyone to stand by my view, I'm purely expressing my thought on this matter that I think it's better to be be nice than otherwise. Overall we are still human being with feelings.

I personally think everything might be affected by terrible management in BAM. I came across with this news just now and was shocked to know the President himself is currently holding so many posts. He's basically monopolizing the whole organization. I won't question that if he's a good leader but I doubt his ability.

http://my.sports.yahoo.com/news/khairy-opens-fire-bam-tengku-202301635.html

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hahahaha, kangkung is so famous now. Luckily no water bottle throwing eh?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You must be new to the scene. :)

BAM's problems are not due to the present president but the older admin (look at the BAM thread). The sports minister is firing at the wrong target and trying to cover his political backside. Tan Sri Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff only started his post mid last year. Before you start firing shots at him for mismanagement, with the downward performance of BAM in the years preceding him, it is very understandable he wants to keep tabs on each committee. Don't expect any improvement in 6 months.

As for KK and TBH themselves, this present thread starts in 2008. You should start reading from there. ;)

In summary, TBH/KKK haven't show the professionalism required to be at number 1 and made any excuses. The big mistake was thinking it was Rexy whereas the problem really lies within themselves. Malaysians are proud of their players. They support those not necessarily at no.1 but that play with the desire and fighting spirit. TBH/KKK promise a lot, but they like the good life of partying, late nights etc. So, if you want to be a winner, is this how to go about doing it? This has gone on for 5 years more.

OK, so they had the occasional good results. Trouble is, it's only occasional. There is a concept called "regression to the mean". That means a good result can be an aberration but the results will later regress back to the average performance level.

The booing and criticism they received at the Malaysian Open is the result of the continual years of lack of professionalism of the pair both of and on court compounded by BAM pandering to them with despairing hope.

#2524 Cheung, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

All I can say is... "welcome to Malaysia". When our PM is also the finance minister, and our deputy is the Education.... this is nothing. Basically it's "everything is mine, or it's the highway for you".

6. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Fully agree with what Cheung said... Yes the management is one of the problem but players themselves play a big part of their own development also. I have been saying so much that they have discipline and attitude issues but some ppl just dont get this point... seems like we should continue to support them to have awesome nightlife and not discipline in training.

7. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Yep. And be proud of mocking ur own countrymen in ur own country.

8. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    If you are saying this in response to my earlier comment, then let me tell you straight...

Since when did you see I commented on the mocking and booing? Please read all my comments and prove to me that I even touched on the issue. If you try to be sarcastic with me, then too bad because I aint the one supporting or even commented on that...

Btw.. Did you ever mock your PM? I think you should show more support to your own countrymen in your own country... He deserves more support I think. Unless you are PM supporter, then please dont be a hypocrite.

9. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

PM is sucking every tax payer pocket, of course he deserve it.

Apples and oranges. Better find something in common.

Mocking is a bad attitude. But then, someone complaining these players having bad attitudes and mocks them.

Doesn't even make sense.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Even premier league teams get boos and mocking chants for demotivated performances.

Is it demoralising? For sure. Tell me one person who has never been criticised for performance before in a job.

If a M'sian crowd gives the thumbs down to its own players, then the strings have finally broken and the fans want to play their own tune. However, I am completely sure they will still continue to support those M'sian players who show that they are trying their best.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Those who still backed-up and supports KKK/TBH are as IDIOT as BAM.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

Dato, TBH/KKK backers feel the pain:crying: in your 5-letter word, hurts like a hemorrhoid in the butt....ouchhhhh:D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I still believe in k00/t4n, they will win gold in next olympic

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

They might have a chance if they eligible for women's doubles

16. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    They will have tough time when facing YY/WXL :p

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The best of the best. lol ;)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2014/01/18/Adios-Kien-Keat-Boon-Heong/

Adios Kien Keat-Boon Heong

BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]Happier times: The pairing of Koo Kean Keat-Tan Boon Heong, seen here at the 2010 Thomas Cup Finals in Kuala Lumpur, will finally come to an end when the Badminton Association of Malaysia decide to either split or drop them from the national team after seven years due to poor form in the past few years. - Filepic

KUALA LUMPUR: It’s curtains down for Malaysia’s top pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    On Saturday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) council decided to stop the under-performing duo, who have been together for seven years, from going for any more tournaments.
    A decision will be made later to either split or drop them from the national set-up.
    BAM are disappointed with the world No. 6 ranked Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s performances in the ongoing Maybank Malaysian Open at the Putra Stadium.
    On Wednesday, the 2010 Malaysian Open winners crashed out in the opening round to China’s Chai Biao-Hong Wei – extending their agonising four-year Super Series title drought.
    It is not the first time that Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s future as a pair has been cast in doubt. They were also on the verge of being dropped or split after the London Olympic Games in 2012 but were thrown a lifeline to play on.
    When the 2006 Asian Games champions went out tamely in the quarter-finals of last year’s World Championships in Guangzhou, it looked like the last straw.
    But BAM president Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff decided to give them another chance. And they blew it again.
    Yesterday, Tengku Mahaleel said that their services were no longer needed and a review will be made soon.
    “We kept them together and sent them for many tournaments because we wanted them to win points (world ranking points) in order to qualify for the Thomas Cup Finals (in May),” said Tengku Mahaleel.
    “At that time, only (Lee) Chong Wei was winning points.
    “Now, we have two other doubles pairs who have stepped up – Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong and Lim Khim Wah-Goh V Shem.
    “We have now qualified for the Thomas Cup Finals (although the Badminton World Federa- tion will only confirm the list in April).
    “A committee, headed by Datuk Norza (Zakaria), will review their performances and psychological aspects before making the recommendations.
    “They could be split and paired up with younger players. If the players refuse to part ways, they are likely to be dropped.”

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    a bit late but it is the wise choice. unfortunately for KKK/TBH, younger pairs are showing promise and their value has dropped significantly. but more importantly, badminton fan has given up on them. Malaysian fans are sick of their lack of effort, and even as outsider we are also disappointed.

hopefully there will be no more lifeline. and please don't split up Hoon/Tan or Goh/Lim in order to accomodate them. those 2 pairs are doing just fine.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Please x1000 don't split Goh/Lim or Hoon/Tan just to accommodate Koo/Tan!

However I'm still of two minds about splitting or dropping them. Think about it, they were unfortunate to enough to meet Chai/Hong in the first round and it looks like this CHN pair will be the eventual winners of the tourney. No shame in that.

It's just whether they can come out of this stronger in mental and discipline areas.