Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

man, i thought they can nail the title in second game when they lead 16-12, after that suddenly see TBH exhausted after his multiple smashes that made him lose energy, thus made both of them gave up the title to the young INA pairs...

2. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

They shud throw away their ego and cut those drives ASAP. They kept drive and waste a lot of points. Would love to see more 'brakes' and blocks in their game

3. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

just dont write them off for next year olympic. they may not be good enough for the world, but definately still one of the best , if not the very best, of malaysia.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    they are playing more like bomo,

5. SibugiChai

YAB
    Hard luck for Kien Keat-Boon Heong in Thailand Open final as duo falter

BY RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Independent doubles pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong failed to capture the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold title on Sunday.

But coach Lee Wan Wah has urged the pair to hold their head up despite their loss in the final against Indonesian pair Wahyu Nayaka Arya Pankaryanira-Ade Yusuf.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong squandered a four-point lead in the second game to lose 22-20, 21-23, 16-21 in a thrilling 72-minute clash.

The 2007 All-England champions were leading 16-12 in the second game but allowed the Indonesian youngsters to fight back to force a deuce which they won to ensure a third game. The close fight continued in the decider until 11-11 before the Indonesians broke away to nail their first international title.

Wan Wah said Kien Keat-Boon Heong had shown improvement and that mattered most to him.

“It’s just hard luck that they lost today. They have been quite consistent since playing together in May,” said Wan Wah.

“This time I saw a better performance from them. Their fitness have also improved slightly.

“If they continue training consistently and show the same commitment on court, I am confident they will have a chance of qualifying for next year’s Olympic Games (in Rio de Janeiro).”

Boon Heong, who is sponsored by Seri Mutiara, said that they paid a heavy price for losing focus in the second game.

“It is just unfortunate that we could not pack off the Indonesians after taking the lead. They played well and kept pressuring us with their solid attacking game. Overall, I think we did okay.

“We should make it to the top 30 after reaching the final here. We will be heading to Europe next to further improve our world ranking,” said Boon Heong.

World No. 41 Boon Heong-Kien Keat will head to Europe for the Dutch Open (Oct 6-11), the Swiss International (Oct 15-18) and French Open (Oct 20-25).

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/10/04/Kien-Keat-Boon-Heong-lost-Thailand-Open-final/

6. SibugiChai

YAB
    Koo-Tan smash Indians for Dutch Open crown

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong defeated India’s Manu Attri-B. Sumeeth Reddy for the title. – filepic
    Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong defeated India’s Manu Attri-B. Sumeeth Reddy for the title. – filepic

KUALA LUMPUR: Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong downed India’s Manu Attri-B. Sumeeth Reddy to win the Dutch Open for their third title of the season.

The independent shuttlers outplayed the second seeded Indians 21-15, 21-10 in 25 minutes in the men’s doubles final in Almere on Sunday.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong only renewed their partnership in May after going separate ways last year. In their return, the 2007 All-England champions won two International Challenge crowns in Sri Lanka and Russia.

They are the only Malaysian pair to have tasted success this season and are on the right track to qualify for their third Olympics in Rio de Janeiro next year.

In the men’s singles final, India’s Ajay Jayaram defeated Estonia’s Raul Must 21-12, 21-18 to emerge champion.

Scotland’s Kirsty Gilmour clinched the women’s singles title by beating Germany’s Karin Schnaase 21-16, 21-13.

Bulgaria’s Gabriela Stoeva-Stefani Stoeva beat home favourites Eefje Muskens-Selena Piek 24-22, 21-15 for the women’s doubles crown.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/10/11/Koo-Tan-smash-Indians-for-Dutch-Open-crown/

7. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Love the word ' on the right track '

8. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    Nice to see old warriors play with the young ones. More power to KKK and TBH! ;)

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I like the new work rate of KKK, seems like he's more willing to work from the back, which eases pressure off TBH and adds a bit more variation to their game. Sort of similar to LYD in his last few tournaments.

10. ibelieveindevil

Thailang gpg- runner up
    Dutch gp- champion
    Swiss ic -champion

French ss- ???

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh wow congratulations to both koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong for winning the gold medals yesterday. Here I am to fill in the gap. Canada open champion. Sri Lanka open champion. French super series I predict gold medals. Well both have been playing very well thus far. Tan Boon Heong is really a badminton legend.

12. ibelieveindevil

U mean Russian white nights

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

yes they have been playing well. but the fundamental problem as i see it, still bugs them. stamina. in a 3 set situation, i can clearly see their play deteriorating especially when playing with top tier younger players who are always way more fit then them

either finish it off in straight sets or get into a drastic stamina building regime asap.

14. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    i think there will be an eclipse if they go all the way to finals, let me rephrase that - quarter finals.

15. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

still the best MD for Msia atm, we don't have good backup at all... :(

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

that's why frost want to find a better MD coach to save the MD department, the very last best MD coach so far is Rexy, who made KKK/TBH to win All England title, Asia Game Gold Medal and WC runner up... after Rexy left BAM, there is no better coach to handle the Mas MD until today, what a sad case...

17. NyanNyan

NyanNyan New Member

Designer
    Yep....BAM really have a serious issues.
    Despite, every strong players are dropping the atomic bomb.
    Tan BH, Koo KK, Hoon TH, Lim KW. almost half of their senior players go for professional player.

BAM should find a world class coach like Park Joo Bong, Rexy. Just Hendrawan for LCW.
    But the rest of other sector are chaos. Malaysia's regeneration is really in a pinch after 2016 Olympic the last medal from LCW i guess and for Malaysia.

18. ipang_bam

ipang_bam Regular Member

Engineer, Badminton Coach
    This is one of my fave MD Pair in the world, If you're learning how to played good defense and counter attack in MD play, so we must watch a lot the tecnique thatrepresent by them. Every humans being must be turning old day by day, but many of us forgotten how they fight to present victory and victory for their nation and them self too. Separate this pair was a gambling job IMO, cause so many years they thru the glory. Racquet makes player better, but legend makes whole world proud what they're play of..

19. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Just watched the match of 2016 PBL ( Awadhe Warriors vs Delhi Acers ).

Very not impressed with the attitude and the kind of shots they're playing.

Too easily giving away shuttles and could not handle a high pace rally.

The worst part of all is KKK's drives/pushes at the front of the court. It's not working and yet he kept doing it gazzilion times and end up being in passive gameplay again. He should've block more.

Why can't this pair play a normal simple game ? Lifting side to side and wait for opponent's weak shot and taking advantage of it is far too much complicated and you need a very high concentration in order not to do unforced errors.

But as I sees it, this pair have the lowest concentration and attitude compare to all world class player. I really mean it. ALL !

20. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    This has always been KKK's style; too relaxed.