Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What to be proud of?:rolleyes:

2. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

coz they won big money
    that me can only dream of
    sure they can laugh even sleeping...
    maybe Dato can earn it easily...
    thats why Dato preferred titles only :D:D

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I told before. Read the previous post...:D:D

4. danielwong

Salesman

sorry Dato, pendatang saja kami....
    :D:D:D

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    No wonder.....

I am getting start to know whats your charateristic now......

6. danielwong

Salesman

okay, limsy bro., if they try to pull some new stunts, i will blast you as well...

Dato, no personal attacking me, okay???? :D:D
    gotta go home makan nasi now...
    do not bother to answer me, I will be back 2009
    Happy New Year, Dato....

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Errr well, in the context of Malaysia Boleh I guess you can say that ;)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday December 23, 2008

Badminton: A lot of work still needed to become world-beaters

By RAJES PAUL

KOTA KINABALU: Thanks to China, Malaysian shuttlers enjoyed a big payout in the just concluded US$500,000 Super Series Masters Finals at the Likas Indoor Stadium here.

Malaysia had qualifiers in all five events and they dug in for a total of US$147,500 (RM513,000). And the big share of the pie was earned from three outstanding winning performances — Lee Chong Wei (men’ singles, US$40,000), Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong (men’s doubles, US$42,000) and Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (women’s doubles, US$42,000).

Money aside, it was a good achievement considering that Malaysia have never won three titles in a single Open championships.

Chong Wei claimed his first title as world number one; Kien Keat-Boon Heong defeated several top pairs to regain their confidence after having struggled with their acts for almost a year; and Eei Hui-Pei Tty continued to give Malaysian women’s badminton a boost by nailing their biggest career win.

But when celebrations over the triple successes die down, reality will remain painful for Malaysia badminton.

Can the Malaysian players pull off the same feat in the presence of the mighty China players?

China withdrew all their qualifiers for the Masters Finals citing three reasons — that it had been a long season; they did not want to risk their players to injuries; and all those in their national team had to attend a three-month camp.

For the season-opening Super Series tournament, the Malaysian Open scheduled for Jan 6-11 at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil, China will only be represented by their second stringers. Their best will make a return at the All-England in March.

Getting the better of the Chinese players should be the challenge and mission for the Malaysians next season.

Chong Wei showed superb speed and great determination in outclassing Indonesian Taufik Hidayat and Dane Peter Gade-Christensen in the semi-finals and final of the Masters Finals respectively.

These qualities were much lacking in his performances at the World Championships last year (he bowed out early to Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro) and in the final of the Beijing Olympics last August (he was thrashed by China’s Lin Dan).

Chong Wei has set goals to win the big ones this year — the All-England and the World Championships in August.

In these tournaments, the Chinese brigade of Lin Dan, Chen Jin and Bao Chunlai and a host of newcomers will be the big tests for Chong Wei to underline his status as the world’s best.

For Eei Hui-Pei Tty, it would have been improbable for them to win the Masters Finals if two of these three Chinese pairs were in the fray — Du Jing-Yu Yang, Zhang Yawen-Zhao Tingting and Zhao Yunlei-Cheng Shu.

But recent breakthrough wins have whetted their appetite for greater success.

“In reality, the players from China are better than us. But Eei Hui and I have bridged the gap. Now, we know that we can go into every tournament with a chance of giving them good fights. Eventually, we want to get the better of them,” said Pei Tty.

The absence of China in the men’s doubles, however, did not leave a big impact as it did in the other events. Only Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng were missing from the cast.

For Kien Keat-Boon Heong, it was a timely morale boost for them to beat Olympic champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia and All-England winners Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae en route to winning the title.

Together with compatriots Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and several national back-up pairs waiting at the wing, Malaysia can look forward to getting more good results from the men’s doubles department next year.

But the bottom line remains — Malaysia still need to put in a lot of work to continue to raise their standard of badminton in all the events.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yes.It remains.The effort doesnt stop here.I extended my prayer to all Malaysian players to keep the heat.
    It had just proved we do have the chance to win.In every tournament,no matter how bad they'd performed in the previous one,i will never become so sure of their lost before it had already happened.
    The absence or presence of China players do matters.Couldnt agree more.But i'd like to believe they've won because they deserve the won.Some credit should go to them.Looking forward to see how they'll fare in Malaysia Open.With or without China Players,just play the game the way u did this time.

To be in line with this thread,thank u kkk/tbh.Nice to learn that my hopes are worth hoping.Nice to see u beat world beaters again.Like the old days.1 and half year ago.
    Oh yeah.Its never too late until u say it so.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    This thread comes alive again.....

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    staying alive.... alive... oh oh oh.... staying alive!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

12. winnie

winnie Regular Member

come on.. TBH played extremely well today.. all his smashes were handsome!!
    kkk oso got better as the games go on.. just tat he's kinda lost in the 1st set.. dun be so harsh..

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    It is a fantastic match to watch. But at the end, the result count. We must admit that the Koreans is better this time.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hey, there...

:)..winnie, did you go and see Ah Koo & Ah Tan in action @ the stadium??..if you didn't, you probably should've gone; who knows your presence & cheer would've given them an extra boost and they could've won...;)

#1014 ctjcad, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  15. winnie

winnie Regular Member

yala.. tat's what kkk said in the interview.. he really want it badly but this time they were so close yet so far.. abit dissapointing also that they lose.. LYD/JJS were so happy that they got better of KKK/TBH cos this was really a hard fought game

16. winnie

winnie Regular Member

chris, i went but they still lose.. perhaps just my power alone not enough cos somebody impportant was missing in action..

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think all the girls that were there to watch them distracted them (more pressure):D As i said before, coach Ha TK wrote down a lot of notes from the 2008 SS final match, and lyd/jjs were ready to deal with kkk/tbh this time around.

maybe next tournament, less girls go there to watch, less distraction, and kkk/tbh might win their next one. :p

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You mean..^^

..they should start holding all the tourneys in M'sia in KK (Kota Kinabalu)??..:confused:

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

kkk/tbh yesterday should have end the match with a win..when they leading untill the point of 19..the korean catch back and win the match already..
    i was heart attack and very kan chiong during kan chiong moment:D unfortunately no madbad ambulance allowed there..no pass:p
    unfortunately, mas lost, but anyway, i must admit its the match of the night yesterday:)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...where is pemuda???