Koo Kien Kiet/Tan Boon Heong/Rexy Combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jug8man, Jan 22, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    i have one shot
    when i try to jump smash
    the racket frame hit the shuttle head only
    so it become drop shot
    it was an accident but so far no people can return it,haha

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Do you know that bwf allows you to claim 2 points for that shot in the new ruling:D

3. mail43249

mail43249 Regular Member

Possibly one of the biggest regrets in their lives cos I do not think they are ever going to be in a yonex MD finals anymore.

TBH was disappointing towards the end. Possibly need to work very hard in other aspects, not on his smashes.

#1443 mail43249, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, other aspects.......lot more to learn. Fitness to last intensive 3 games match and more importantly to last whole tournament, consistency in their play, ability to change game plan when its needed, ability to adjust, to respond to opponent's change of tactic, consistency in attitude towards the match.......lot more to be a real champion.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think last night, many of Bcers 'vomit blood' again.........poor them, only LCW's win helps to settle things doen abit....!! LOL

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Why does Tan Kim Her take care of Tan Boon Heong while Rexy takes care of Koo Kien Keat? :confused:
    Tan Boon Heong really needs some mental toughening!

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL I almost whacked my LCD TV... luckily LCW saved the day... BOLEH :)

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Tan has improved his forecourt skills amazingly. Now the MAS pair is more balanced and complete as a team.

As others have mentioned, too bad he couldn't maintain his performance and focus in the latter part of the 3rd game, hence allowing the Danes to regain their confidence to finish him off.

Perhaps he could benefit from a few sessions with LCW's sport psychologist? :D

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I agree! But if this is a recent addition to his game, it would be the first thing to break down when under stress. Playing at the net is a harder role than playing at the back.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Already forewarn before the AE started, still vomit blood? You all some more thought they sure wouldnt even get past QF, after so many years still see trend wrong, lol.

Rexy always talk to the playmaker, Ah Koo. At least now TKH got talk, last year, he just sit there.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Tan Kim Her speaks Hokkien to Tan Boon HEONG. More easier to understand for him maybe. Rexy speaks BM to KKK koz KKK study more.. LOL. JK:D

12. eaglehelang

Lol,TBH can understand malay also lah, as long Rexy or the coaches dont talk English to him. Pang give instructions in Cantonese I think

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Pair let down by overconfidence

NST
    2011/03/15

KOO Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong could have earned a sweet victory in the All England if only they were mentally prepared for Sunday's final. The World No 5 pair were guilty of making the same mistakes in Birmingham which cost them the World Championships and Asian Games titles last year, where they failed to finish off their opponents despite taking a comfortable lead.

Denmark's Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen were trailing 11-16 in the third game before stringing crucial points to win 21-18 and claim their first All England title.

The Malaysian pair were outstanding prior to Sunday, successfully fending off Indonesia's Olympic champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan and China's world champions Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng to earn a crack at the title.

But despite a fiery start in the final, Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who took the first game easily, slowed down for reasons only known to them.

It was apparent that overconfidence crept into their play when they were leading in the rubber.

Going by their performance in the final, it will be tough for Kien Keat-Boon Heong to end their 14-month title drought since their victory at the 2010 Malaysian Open.

National doubles coach Rexy Mainaky needs to seriously consider implementing new training methods to help the pair win a major title this year.

It was apparent that Kien Keat was the main reason for the pair's defeat. He tends to be hasty and sometimes gets too fancy during matches. There were times he made glaring mistakes which gifted the Danes with easy points.

"I think in their excitement of leading quite comfortably in the third game, they lost their focus. They became too relaxed when things were going right for them," said Rexy on Sunday.

"I am satisfied with their performance here but they will need to work on their mental strength," said Rexy who is optimistic Kien Keat-Boon Heong will iron out their weaknesses soon.

"What they need is a title. They will play their best badminton once they achieve that," he added. -- AJITPAL SINGH

Read more: Pair let down by overconfidence http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/i_kdq_d/Article/#ixzz1Ge3tAk9C

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Then, TBH no need advice from Rexy??

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

for ur information
    already resign
    haha

16. eaglehelang

One coach to 1 player, time limit. If only Rexy(or Rosman) go advice, yeah, he talk to both, but have to divide the time- I am sure you already observed this.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

In those photos of the team having brakfast with PM.........cant see TBH with them....What happened ?

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL sorry, breakfast with PM only for AE winners, NOT runners up... LOL

19. eaglehelang

Yeah, I also wondering, can see KKK & Rexy in the tv news. Wait, TBH could be the one taking the photo?

20. terencechan

terencechan Regular Member

Election coming. If KKK and TBH win, sure get Datok already.. too bad they lost. Now they only get to eat the Nasi Lemak breakfast only. TBH not in the picture because he busy ta pau the Nasi Lemak into his tupperware.