Korea Open: LD VS LCW

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by danielwong, Jan 29, 2011.

?

Who will win MS title at Korea Open 2011

Poll closed Jan 30, 2011.
  1. Lee Chong Wei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. visor

visor Regular Member

Hell ya, that was nasty! :thumbsdown:

Other players wipe off sweat,
    but he blows his nose off,
    like they do on the streets of China! :eek:

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Really? :eek:

No wonder the streets of china are always slippery :D

But in this case Lin Dan probably was keeping his focus sharp,

didn't want to waste time doing his blowing the normal way ;)

and that was how he won the game with the SG* tactics :)

* post 77

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So... who's the lucky one who shook his hand??? lcw also... yucks... lol. ;)

xxf would love his sexy tongue...lalala... ;)

4. visor

visor Regular Member

ya, he stuck out his tongue when he realized how lucky he was after a particularly long rally, he practically gifted a shot for lcw to smash, but lcw flubbed it...

5. visor

visor Regular Member

just watched the match again...

in the 3rd game at 16 all, why did the umpire have a word with lcw?

i think that little talk disturbed lcw's concentration severely, and he went on to make 5 unforced errors in a row to lose the rubber and match!

6. murfice

murfice Regular Member

Students
    that's interesting. I think the umpire tried to tell him that if LCW wins, he (the umpire) gonna lose him all money on the bets as he gambled that LD will win the match.

In that case, LCW is way too kind and generous. So he thought about the umpire's family and kids might leave outside on the street if the umpire lose the bet. Well, this is my best guess.

7. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

he took an unauthorized towel break

8. visor

visor Regular Member

That's too bad how easily he can lose focus. Those 5 points were just god sent from LD's perspective.

Instead of using the towel, he should've just blown his nose off at the ground like LD! :p

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

:D

That's very nice of you...

That kinds of excuse just revealled that in some of our dear fans' eyes, LCW is still not a player of world class, still an inexperienced young player (even after all those dozens of years intl competitions and become WR#1!) who is always easily affected by umpire's normal and expected duty action....

Poor LCW...

Lucky LCW, fans' love to u is so deep, and treat u like a dear fragile child... :D

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

No offense but I really like to know u have the experience of playing in real competitions (could be any sports if not badminton)?

Whilst recognizing there are credits due to the coach by the court, yet over 90% of the result was based on on-court performance of the player(s)! The players must have been trained to notice the behavior and performance of their opponents and determine how to response. I am sure for a world-class WR#1 player like LCW, he must have this ability to notice such major problems exhibited by LD.

Of course the coach could communicate and remind the player if they missed but not like that...

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Given your eyes are sharp and lcw being wr #1, still inexperience,

imagine your potential if you decide to hit the court to compete..

You have all my support :)

12. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

That's interesting... LD did not play LCW in round 1 rite? He play LCW after 2 close 3 games thriller with TH & SS in QF & SF! If from such perspective, who's fresher? And LD played another 3 game thriller to beat LCW!

If LD & LCW exchanged their draw and LCW lost in final to LD, I am sure people would say LCW must had been tired out
    by playing TH & SS prior to final and was beaten by the draw only!!!

Look at how Andy Murray responded to people asking him whether his lost to Djokovic in last weekend's Australian Open was due to tireness as he had one fewer day for rest after playing his SF one day later than Djokovic's: "... It's a Grand Slam final, adrenaline would do..." he just don't like to answer such kind of question which he could just easily adopted as an excuse for his loss!!

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

After watching the Austrian Open WS final featuring the 1st Asian finalist LI Na of China, I really thought if LCW reads BC threads, he might also like to say like LI Na appealed to to umpire for help: " dear Mods, could you tell the fans just stop to teach me how to play?" :D

#113 Jonc108, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Some Badminton fans love the 'Beauty' of the game; while others the 'Savagery' of it

Well, it really boils down to this:- Some Badminton fans love the 'Beauty' of the game; while others the 'Savagery' of it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Regarding having a coach to advise at courtside; If there is no help from coaches at courtside, then why do we find many players talking to their coaches at the intervals?
    :confused::confused::confused:

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I m confused... I guess I didnot said coaches by the court to be absolutely "no use" at all?? Did I? Did u really refer to what u bolded and highlighted in my post u quoted? :D

I just like to query and challenge the statements that coaches by-the-court is the pivoting point of game and determines the outcome! It would be the case for team sports as the coach would determine who would be on court, but not the same case for individual sports, where the off-court help before & after the match would be much bigger!

and u r ritely in pointing out that the actual consultation with coach by-the-court is really limited. By the time they talk to the coach at interval, the player could already be 0:11 behind (even between top player's match like LCW vs LD just few months ago)... Therefore the players always plays the major and core part, if this core withers, no one could help, even the greatest coach(es)...

#115 Jonc108, Feb 4, 2011
  16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    They all come together if you have been there or gone through it :D

The same goes to the player if he plays good and can't close the game,

a good coach can brings him back and win

and such can be mentally and tactically.

This is true only if the player is able to play like you said,

major and core part of it :D

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Payers always plays the major and core part

IMHO, a coach at courtside is essential for a trainee on the playing court (whether the trainee is leading or trailing behind in a match).

Some say it is moral support; while others say that what has been advised by the coach is being carried out by the trainee.

Just ask LD why he kept looking at TXH during the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (almost after every rally).

#117 chris-ccc, Feb 4, 2011
  18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Regarding moral support, there is no doubt would helps with a trustful friend at courtside.

For LD & TXF, I think you would understand the most valuable thing TXF help LD is not from courtside during matches, but his immense influence to LD off court, not only badminton technique, but psychi & general behavior. That was admitted by LD himself.

So the coach's off-court influence on the player is more important than the 30 minutes or 1 hr courtside time.

Therefore's what I meant.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Both statements are true - of course the biggest influence of the coach is in preparation, as he can improve technique & physical abilities of the player. But he's still very important in a match - as he observes the the match from the outside, he can detect an opponent's weaknesses and the trainees faults much easier and give according advice in the interval and between games. He also lends moral support, which is helpful and can give you the mental strength to win a match. Even though I'm not coached regularly, sometimes after a lost rally, I wonder whether I played the right shots or if I was too aggressive/tried to be too fancy/.... and if there's someone at the side showing me what I did was right, it reassures me. That can be team mates (in league matches) or coaches (on tournaments).

Anyhow, the player is still the core, as was pointed out correctly. If the player just cant keep up with a stronger opponent, there's little a coach can do - he can point out weaknesses, but if the trainee cant exploit them or if even exploiting them isn't enough, there's little the coach can do.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Sorry that our thread's topic began to shift off course

What was said is true. :):):)

Sorry that our thread's topic began to shift off course. I was still talking about a LCW-vs-LD match when their coaches are with them or not.

At the 2011 Korea Open PSS, LCW's coach, Misbun Sidek, was not at courtside. I was guessing that if Misbun were there, then perhaps LCW could have defeated LD. But of course, my guess could be proven wrong. :eek::eek::eek:

#120 chris-ccc, Feb 4, 2011