Kwun, why my thread is closed?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by robin7, Jun 29, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Kwun, why my thread is closed without giving any reasons? You should know which thread I'm referring to!

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    No comments on display of awesome sexy bodies of either genders;). If you're allowed to do that, you should be prepared to see the other side:p. Since it's considered poor taste to comment on ladies' bodies even in sports, the moderators have decided to ban all threads regardless of gender:).

Personally, I think that's fair.

jug8man likes this.
  3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Well I'm suggesting this thread to be closed too.

I don't know the particular thread you're talking about, but you've got the wrong idea to start a new thread about a question like this, you should just rather send kwun a pm.

jug8man likes this.
  4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Personally I think it's a case of avoiding the thread's inevitable path down the road full of bad jokes, jokes with a bad taste and a flurry of :eek::eek::eek::p:p:D:D:D emots in succession.

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Consider yourself safe because the moderators could ban your account instead of just locking on the thread.

#5 Matt, Jun 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
    jug8man likes this.
  6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think we should let Kwun do the talking since he is the one that close the thread. Even though your opinions have substance in it.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    all of the above! :)

8. johnps

johnps Regular Member

That was a funny but yet detailed response ...lol

jug8man likes this.
  9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

kwun, hope u can reply... in the WC forum i had create a thread called World Championship 2007 livescore.. the thread is still there but why is it not at the sticky thread? today i only realise that got 1 thread is similar with me.. created by jbchiong: World Championship 2007 Livescore. and it is being put at the sticky thread.. i am not trying to argue about why my thread is not sticky but i juz want an explaination becoz the thread is similar with mine.. why it is been not removed from the forum? AND it is put in sticky thread some more? kwun, you had said before Search archives before you start a new thread rite?

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    At least give the reasons,Kwun.The crystal clear reasons.and reasonable.Im hoping 4 ur cooperation.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    We have 4 mods vs. 24,000 memembers. It's impossible to carefully filter every single word in every single thread. No one is god, and there's could be some rare chances that the mods make a mistake due to mis-understanding.

If you have good reasons, I suggest you to PM the mods, and GIVE THEM TIME to review your cases. There's no point and not reasonable to simply ask the mods to provide detail information regarding every single thread. :cool:

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    In a way, the mods should give an explaination. As I am a member in AV forums, the members vs mod ratio is even greater and they actually list reasons why they close the threads.

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't have a problem to get a reason from mods. However, I will go through the following:

1. Carefully ask "MYSELF" 1st, see if my posts obviously against any rules.

2. Use PM, instead of posting in public. Personally, there's no point to bring every single case up, and I would rather solve it privately, instead of create another thread.

3. Give them time. The mods are not full time BC/BF employee, they have their own life and family to take care of. Never have to mention about the different time zone factors.

I know sometimes it's hard to swallow, as your thread being locked or deleted. However, I don't think our mods are fooling around, either. Be patient, and ask questions in a polite tone. Overall, they are 4 vs. 24,000. Can't expect an answer in 5 seconds, right? :eek:

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    How about this?

About 20+ mods (includes admin, super mod, mod) vs 460K+ members. It is greater because about at least a quarter of the mods are there.

If it comes to a lock or deletion, some brief explaination should be listed even thou they did not have to. At least the users would stop the posting asking why it is locked.

#14 Matt, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe the mods can prepare some sort of drag down menu, which lists some "most common" reasons? So, they can select from a pre-made list, rather than type the same thing over and over? :rolleyes:

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    That could be possible if there these types of forums support it. If not, one could have a text file with templates, then copy and paste it.

I think just typing it out with a your own brief reason would is quicker than the above since a few extra seconds wouldn't hurt before locking. It could be a few words.

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Although we have lots of members, not many posts regularly. We're not at the point of mass disorderly yet.

I appreciate the mods giving some choice words on bad posts, although some posts/threads are so obviously dumb and obnoxious that there's really no need to spend time on them. Posters who are oblivious to direct criticism won't change because of a few negative comments, so it's a waste of time repeating warnings on their contributions.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No good reason except oversight. Correction made.

19. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Locked threads are often self-explanatory but at times some explanation would be good.

A personal word on why it gets locked is better than automation - I don't suppose the mods themselves enjoy talking to an automated answering system, no?

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Got any comments?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46414

Blurry D likes this.