Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen is Asian Junior Champion 2018! He stunned No.1 seed Kunlavut Vitidsarn in 2 games. Lakshya raised his level and maintained his composure during the crucial moments. This is the first of many more medals and titles to come. Lakshya was India's lone warrior and kept the Indian flag flying high. :)

buibui2 and nilesh123 like this.
  2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen podium pic and Indian anthem clip.

#22 badmuse, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    buibui2 likes this.
  3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

If i am not wrong, did they meet before?. I mean what is h2h btw them.
    This final should be the first meeting between them.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, this is their first time playing H-H is 1-0 now.

5. Baddyforall

Post match interview

"I am happy to win the tournament. It will boost my confidence. I played in the team event and then in the individual event and then in the individual event, so it was a long tournament. The focus was on recovering well after each match and I am happy I could play well and win," Lakshya told

"It was very hectic. In fact, ahead of the tournament I had to tweak my training a bit as I had suffered a shin split. During the tournament also I had to take pills sometimes to curb the pain," ..

6. Baddyforall

Picture of him in the podium when he was very young , 10 years old !

7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen is back in Bangalore.

8. Baddyforall

9. Baddyforall

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...pangs-lakshya-sen-meets-expectations-5270367/

EXCERPTS :

“It’s satisfying because since January he’s had this problem of shoulder pain and troubles on the shin and ankle. He’s gaining height and when pushed in training, he’s getting injuries. So he’s been performing on and off,” coach Vimal Kumar explains, adding that it’s a good result in that context. “He’s still growing, so those joint areas are very tender. There are many issues but he’s slowly coming back, though even during his Junior World Championship campaign, he faced a shin problem. He’s still growing so we need to modify his physical training,” Vimal added.

“Science says you can’t push too hard, but these days, players want the results and they tend to push hard,” Vimal explains. The young shuttler did defeat second seed China’s Li Shifeng 21-14, 21-12 in the quarterfinal, and then the top Indonesian 4th seed Ikhshan Leonardo Imanuel Rumbay 21-7, 21-14 to make the final. “He’s showing that extra bit at that level, but a good transition will be important,” Vimal says. It could start as soon as next week when he plays Vietnam and then Spanish Opens, before he heads off to Youth Olympics and the Junior World’s.

A shoulder taping during the final though worries Vimal. What does make the coach happy is Sen’s response to the on-court riddles — the likes that will matter in seniors. From trailing 7-12, Sen did well to hike back in the opening game against the top-ranked junior. And down 17-19, he showed the wherewithal to grit it out. “In the second game, he was leading 19-17, but the Thai had the advantage of momentum. Lakshya cleverly took a medical break that helped him focus. He impressed me tactically, and then he played two good rallies,” the coach adds.

“He told me he couldn’t sustain it. Against Popov in Thomas Cup, he said he got nervous. It’s a mix of nerves and the fitness aspect because he couldn’t handle the fast-paced rallies. He still doesn’t have that high level of fitness, but it’s important he’s aware of it,” Vimal says. The second game tactical move, was that one little extra trick learnt.

Sen’s game too is metamorphosing. Earlier he could just block half-smashes, now he is lifting them cross: more proactive in his countering.

Vimal is still concerned the exuberant lad dives too much. “These boys grow up watching Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan dive and want to retrieve like them because it looks so spectacular. They don’t see the physical conditioning that goes behind that agility,” he says. Vimal has been urging Lakshya to look at videos of the two legends in their early years when impeccable footwork helped them pick the shuttle early, and diving was only last resort. “It’s a massive headache even in subjuniors,” he adds, given that it’s not the dive, but the return after the dive that’s the challenge.

It’s the experience that he’s packing in that’s heartening to the coach. “If you see Sindhu, there’s so many close matches she used to lose in early years. But she found a way to deal with that situation when you are on a trot and you lose. You can’t spoon-feed experience, players learn to apply themselves,” he ends, looking forward to important targets in Sen’s seniors career.

buibui2 likes this.
  10. Baddyforall

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...pangs-lakshya-sen-meets-expectations-5270367/

EXCERPTS :

“It’s satisfying because since January he’s had this problem of shoulder pain and troubles on the shin and ankle. He’s gaining height and when pushed in training, he’s getting injuries. So he’s been performing on and off,” coach Vimal Kumar explains, adding that it’s a good result in that context. “He’s still growing, so those joint areas are very tender. There are many issues but he’s slowly coming back, though even during his Junior World Championship campaign, he faced a shin problem. He’s still growing so we need to modify his physical training,” Vimal added.

“Science says you can’t push too hard, but these days, players want the results and they tend to push hard,” Vimal explains. The young shuttler did defeat second seed China’s Li Shifeng 21-14, 21-12 in the quarterfinal, and then the top Indonesian 4th seed Ikhshan Leonardo Imanuel Rumbay 21-7, 21-14 to make the final. “He’s showing that extra bit at that level, but a good transition will be important,” Vimal says. It could start as soon as next week when he plays Vietnam and then Spanish Opens, before he heads off to Youth Olympics and the Junior World’s.

A shoulder taping during the final though worries Vimal. What does make the coach happy is Sen’s response to the on-court riddles — the likes that will matter in seniors. From trailing 7-12, Sen did well to hike back in the opening game against the top-ranked junior. And down 17-19, he showed the wherewithal to grit it out. “In the second game, he was leading 19-17, but the Thai had the advantage of momentum. Lakshya cleverly took a medical break that helped him focus. He impressed me tactically, and then he played two good rallies,” the coach adds.

“He told me he couldn’t sustain it. Against Popov in Thomas Cup, he said he got nervous. It’s a mix of nerves and the fitness aspect because he couldn’t handle the fast-paced rallies. He still doesn’t have that high level of fitness, but it’s important he’s aware of it,” Vimal says. The second game tactical move, was that one little extra trick learnt.

Sen’s game too is metamorphosing. Earlier he could just block half-smashes, now he is lifting them cross: more proactive in his countering.

Vimal is still concerned the exuberant lad dives too much. “These boys grow up watching Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan dive and want to retrieve like them because it looks so spectacular. They don’t see the physical conditioning that goes behind that agility,” he says. Vimal has been urging Lakshya to look at videos of the two legends in their early years when impeccable footwork helped them pick the shuttle early, and diving was only last resort. “It’s a massive headache even in subjuniors,” he adds, given that it’s not the dive, but the return after the dive that’s the challenge.

It’s the experience that he’s packing in that’s heartening to the coach. “If you see Sindhu, there’s so many close matches she used to lose in early years. But she found a way to deal with that situation when you are on a trot and you lose. You can’t spoon-feed experience, players learn to apply themselves,” he ends, looking forward to important targets in Sen’s seniors career.

“He will now look forward to the Youth Olympic Games in October and World Junior Championship in November and immediately after coming back in 10 days time he is playing in Vietnam Open and Spanish Open in the senior circuit,” Vimal said.

11. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen practice clip and pic.

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen is preparing for the Youth Olympic Games in October 2018. Short clip.

13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I just finished watching the last year WJC QF match highlights between lakshya sen and kodai naraoka. Would have to say if Lakshya adds tremendous physical strength , he may play like Chen long. He has strokes and with maturity he'll be one the players to look out for. Kunlavut, Lakshya, Kodai are ones to look out for in the future.

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Youth Olympic Games 2018 Silver Medal Lakshya Sen

15. Baddie lover

16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen wins India International Challenge 2018

#38 badmuse, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Baddie lover likes this.
  18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lakshya Sen and Vimal Kumar confirm he will no longer play in the junior circuit and only focus on the senior circuit. He needs to improve endurance and fitness for the senior circuit.

Link: https://scroll.in/field/904274/badm...akshya-sen-bids-goodbye-to-the-junior-circuit

Badminton: With Tata Open win, fitter and smarter Lakshya Sen bids goodbye to the junior circuit
    The 17-year-old will only take part in senior tournaments from next season.
    [​IMG]
    Tata Open

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Baddie lover

No WJC next year :/