Large badminton equipment shops in North/Center/West Germany?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Networker, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Networker

Networker New Member

Hi,

I hope that I'm not too off-topic in this sub-forum for this question: Is anyone aware of shops with a large badminton equipment selection in the north, center, or west of Germany?

I'm particularly interested in a large selection of shoes, but for the reference of the other readers of this forum, my question is not restricted to them. Very large shops in other parts of the country are also welcome.

The other sub-forums do not appear to be specific to geographical areas, hence I'm asking here.

Thanks!

2. jole73

jole73 Regular Member

Hamburg: racket-world.de
    Hannover: smoof.de
    Düren/Köln: bsl24.de

...and probably some more.

Networker likes this.
  3. phihag

phihag Regular Member

In Cologne, there's also the KR Racket shop, which is about 50m² – not giant, but certainly a great selection.

By far the largest selection is this weekend, at the German National Championships (DM). From Thursday to Sunday (January 31st to February 2nd this year) in Bielefeld, every major brand will have ~100m² of shop floor there.
    If you come on Saturday or Sunday, feel free to message me – it would be great to meet up with some fellow BCers!

Large badminton tournaments also tend to attract temporary shops as well. In particular, the Bundesliga Final Four (with varying location, in April), the German Open (Mülheim an der Ruhr, YONEX only) in March, and the SaarLorLux Open (Saarbrücken) in October each year.

Networker likes this.
  4. jole73

jole73 Regular Member

Oh yeah, they kept the original name for the store (it's actually bsl24 now), I forgot.
    So, don't look for bsl in Cologne, it's still KR there.

Networker likes this.
  5. Networker

Networker New Member

Thanks a lot to @phihag and @jole73 for their great answers. The list by jule73 was really helpful. 'Didn't know that there are sellers at the German National Championships - I'll try to go there on Saturday and use the shops on jule73's list as a "backup plan". Despite having been at the SaarLorLux Open once upon a time, I simply don't remember having seen such booths there. So Thanks!

6. Networker

Networker New Member

As a final piece of feedback: Thanks again for your help. I went to the German National Championships and got some nice pair of shoes there. The matches were also really good.

phihag likes this.