LCW: MAS best hope to win a title at World Championship 2010 Paris... BOLEH...!!!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by jimbo, Aug 9, 2010.

1. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    From what I see during Lydia's match, she is definitely a good player but she produced so many unforced errors during 1st set. But she's still young and have times to improve her game...

#221 press100, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..on Lydia's loss, imo:
    Schenk was just too experienced for Lydia even if Lydia had a "different" coach. But overall, her lack of preparedness (just recovered from injury and study) played a bigger part.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    i can see people put high hope on the shuttle and start to blame this and that after defeat
    at least those people up there is like this
    they know nothing about badminton and only want result
    they though spend more in Bath can give them some medal
    if malaysia cant get any medal or only 1/2 medal(not gold) in wc
    those people will start to blame on coach,player and bla bla bla
    then they start to change coach,kick player
    the same thing is,as long as someone still up there
    malaysia wont go far in any major
    i glad that they kick ykh to bjss after 2007 wc affair
    and we had 3 wjc since then

if rexy get fired
    i hope he go to bjss or open a academic in malaysia
    and bam will wait for close shop

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

5. eaglehelang

Yap KH went to BJSS after OG 2008 Limsy.
    Dont think BJSS has the budget for Rexy's salary. If Rexy open academy in Msia, I forsee a lot of budding players going over there(if they can afford it) rather than BAM. Plus some ex-BAM like Gan/TBS

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

This is pretty much everybody's observation including mine about Lydia. She is her own enemy!!! We can see how good she is and some flashes of brilliance can be seen in her in that game... Its always frustrating to see her play, because we know she can do better that that. She really needs a coach that can bring out that quality in her

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

How old are GTC/TBS, I'm asking a second time now...

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lydia needs to have her self confidence in her game!
    Anyway, where's julia wong now? still injured?:confused:

9. george@chongwei

Sometimes there's a website called google;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    but mainly because 2007 wc affair
    they dont want to affect the og preparation
    remember?

11. eaglehelang

Gan Teck Chai = 27, same age as Fuzzy. Last regular partner when with BAM = Lin Woon Fui. Lin WF also quit mid 2009
    Tan Bin Shen = 26, 1 year younger. Can put as 1 year older than former partner Ong SH or KKK if that's easier to remember
    It's listed in the back up thread.
    They were part of the 4 muskeeters who wanted to quit BAM early 2008...didnt...then did so end of 2008(long story, read in Msia Prof Player threads).

#231 eaglehelang, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/27/sports/6932856&sec=sports

Kien Keat-Boon Heong set up match against Yong-dae-Jae-sung

EXPECT the temperature to rise when world No. 1 Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong take on their nemeses Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae of South Korea in the quarter-finals of the world championships at a sweltering hot Pierre de Coubertin Stadium today.

Yesterday, top seeds Kien Keat-Boon Heong almost made life difficult for themselves in the second game of a third-round match against Chai Biao-Zhang Nan but made quick adjustments to beat the third-ranked Chinese pair 21-17, 21-17 in 40 minutes.

In contrast, Jae-sung-Yong-dae were ferocious in their attacks and blasted Singapore’s Hendri Kurniawan Saputra-Hendra Wijaya, winning 21-14, 21-8 in just 26 minutes.

Both Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Jae-sung-Yong-dae have not won the world title and they will certainly go all out to keep their hopes alive.

Kien Keat said that they would have to play better than what they dished out against the Chinese yesterday.

There will have to be more accuracy and better quality from us. We cannot make errors like we did today,” he said.

Against the young Chinese, Kien Keat-Boon Heong started well in the opening game and it looked as though it was more of a battle of serves.

Chai Biao-Zhang Nan did well to catch the Malaysians twice consecutively with a tricky high serve. But later an upset Chai Biao was given a yellow card for questioning the umpire’s decision to fault him for serving above the waist.

One would have expected the Chinese to slow down in the second but they stayed cool to take a 17-15 lead, mostly from careless errors by Kien Keat and Boon Heong.

“Fortunately, we took stock of what was happening and got our strategies right again,” said Kien Keat.

Boon Heong said that they would go all out to end a two-year unbeaten run against the Koreans.

We know their style of play and it is important for us to adopt a patient game. We have come this far and we will give our best,” he said.

At their last meeting in the semi-finals of the Taiwan Open, Kien Keat-Boon Heong were beaten in rubber games.

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/27/sports/6933035&sec=sports

Chong Wei up against Taufik

WORLD No. 1 Lee Chong Wei advanced to the quarter-finals with an easy win over Rajiv Ouseph of England yesterday.

The Malaysian won the third-round match 21-9, 21-9 in just 27 minutes. Chong Wei will play against 2006 champion Taufik Hidayat today for a place in the semi-finals.

14. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Lets Feel Good..

LCW, KKK/TBH advance, we achieve 100% hit rate yesterday....
    So..???????

[video=youtube;u5HRzaOFhec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRzaOFhec[/video]

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/27/sports/6930686&sec=sports

Hafiz, Mew Choo out to make amends in Delhi Games

SHUTTLERS Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Wong Mew Choo will train under different coaches after the world championships but they have set a common goal.

Both are determined to lift their waning status in the national team by doing well in the New Delhi Commonwealth Games in October.

Hafiz, who will leave coach Hendrawan to return under the wings of Misbun Sidek next month, has a special wish.

I want to set up a match against Lee Chong Wei once again at the Commonwealth Games but this time I want the meeting to be in the final,” he said.

In the world championships, the luck of the draw pitted Hafiz against Chong Wei in the second round and, as expected, he was the loser.

I was satisfied with the way I played but it was sad to lose in the second round. I may have gone further if I did not meet Chong Wei,” said Hafiz.

The 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games gold medallist is now ready to put behind the disappointment and work towards reaching the final again in New Delhi. Under Misbun’s charge, he will spar with Chong Wei.

“My mission is to make it an all-Malaysian final in New Delhi. I intend to keep my place in the national team until a youngster can challenge me strongly. So far, there has been none,” he said.

Mew Choo, who will leave Misbun to train under Wong Tat Meng, said that she had learnt from her third-round defeat by Ella Diehl of Russia.

Mew Choo, who was beaten 21-11, 15-21, 12-21 by Diehl, will aim to win a first individual gold medal in the Commonwealth Games.

“I want to go one step better in New Delhi,” said the Malaysian, who lost to Tracey Hallam of England in the final of the 2006 Games in Melbourne.

“I am still inconsistent. Sometimes, I am physically good but my tactical game let me down. Other times, I am physically unfit. I have to strike a balance,” she said.

“I am not giving up my place in the national team as I believe I can still take my game to a higher level under Tat Meng.”

16. danielwong

Salesman
    Almost Speechless

Hafiz, Mew Choo out to make amends in Delhi Games

Hafiz, who will leave coach Hendrawan to return under the wings of Misbun Sidek next month, has a special wish.

I want to set up a match against Lee Chong Wei once again at the Commonwealth Games but this time I want the meeting to be in the final,” he said.

;);) come on....clear the early round first....

I was satisfied with the way I played but it was sad to lose in the second round. I may have gone further if I did not meet Chong Wei,” said Hafiz.

;);)even is not LCW, who can he beat? Brazil, France, Mexico players???

The 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games gold medallist is now ready to put behind the disappointment and work towards reaching the final again in New Delhi. Under Misbun’s charge, he will spar with Chong Wei.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: last time with Misbun also no good...now back to Misbun again...miracle can happen?

“My mission is to make it an all-Malaysian final in New Delhi. I intend to keep my place in the national team until a youngster can challenge me strongly. So far, there has been none,” he said.

;);)you right on this....

Mew Choo, who will leave Misbun to train under Wong Tat Meng, said that she had learnt from her third-round defeat by Ella Diehl of Russia.

;);) still learning? after learn how to beat Ella, need another lesson before beating the next???

Mew Choo, who was beaten 21-11, 15-21, 12-21 by Diehl, will aim to win a first individual gold medal in the Commonwealth Games.

“I want to go one step better in New Delhi,” said the Malaysian, who lost to Tracey Hallam of England in the final of the 2006 Games in Melbourne.

“I am still inconsistent. Sometimes, I am physically good but my tactical game let me down. Other times, I am physically unfit. I have to strike a balance,” she said.

“I am not giving up my place in the national team as I believe I can still take my game to a higher level under Tat Meng."

;););)hope by back to tat Meng you can achieve another high, ie China Open...

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

lolx @ Daniel... Whatever stories they (in this case, Hafiz and WMC) came up with, so far NONE of the back elite can replace them... YET... so, enjoy the music while it plays... BOLEH.... !!!

18. danielwong

Salesman
    Did you just say music???????

Music... [video=youtube;u5HRzaOFhec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRzaOFhec[/video]

19. george@chongwei

I'm also feeling very good now:D:D:D...

BOLEH!:p

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member