LD vs LCW

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006' started by quik_silver, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I haven't had a chance to watch the Finals until tomorrow evening when a replay will be telecast in Singapore.

But it appears to me that despite LCW's very good defence, he still succumbs to LD's persistent attacks which must have contributed greatly to his victory. As mentioned, LD is not only street smart but also very intelligent in dictating the pace.

So, finally it would appear that the best form of defence is still to ATTACK. :D

2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Yeah!!! The Malaysia Open MS Final dvd has come through!!! I"m watching it now, I notice that Lin Dan can't return most of LCW's smashes!!!!

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

SPOT ON ! At times, he seemed to be waiting for LD to make a mistake. He should play like LD in the last set : playing with more urgency and smashing at every opportunity. I put it down to LCW still learning --- someone should tell him in the 3rd set, you go for the 'kill' and not wait to be killed.

#23 X Ball, Sep 4, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  4. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I agree too! :D His smashes are amazingly fast!

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

This is when LCW's stamina is 100%, his deceptive smashes is deadly. If u watch their most recent match in HKO, Lee attacked much lesser compared to MO & MCO. While for LD, of course he has plenty of strength to attack as he played 1 match lesser than LCW!

6. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I guess there are less smashes from LCW in the HK open because he will not want to mess things up before the WC... Getting injuries at this time is not a right thing to do

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    It takes a big game to bead LD, I am sure LCW is aiming the next big thing...
    rgds

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Have faith ...

Have faith! What Lee Chong Wei need is the first win over Lin Dan outside Malaysia then everything will take care of itself. It's not easy just like we never thought LCW can beat any of the Chinese player before and he did against Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin. It's never easy to win the title when Team China is participating where you have to beat at least 2 of them(4 if you're unlucky), I wish Hafiz and Beng Hong can take their level to next notch, that will help to clear the path for Chong Wei ...
    Remember the Chinese song "Tomorrow will be better" ? :D

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hafiz is gearing up for it. I wish it was Roslin going instead of KBH, who has still to develop a 'brain' for the game.

10. Titan

Titan Regular Member

whatever it is, I'm actually proud and happy that Malaysia can produce a consistent player such as LCW...he can maintain top ranking longer than any other malaysian players...way to go LCW!!..

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    a lot of pressure on lcw as his countrymen hafiz and roslin not helping to eliminate some of the chinese MS players for him. I just wondering why lcw hard work is not inspiring the other 2 to do better.

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Malaysian culture

Well, the purse money in badminton is just too small and it's very very difficult to win any Open title. In Malaysia, the players are taking care by the BAM in terms of salaries, food and lodging.(Except Hafiz is under Nusa Mahsuri but I believe Hafiz allowance also pay by BAM) Players get monthly allowance base on their world ranking plus base salary so even players don't win any title still will have nice living so why try so hard and taking the risk to injuries hence cut short ones badminton career? Why I am saying is, Malaysian players lack of motivation, desperation and urgency due to the surrounding enviroment ... It has been this way for long long time, I call it the Malaysian culture, it's OK to lose today as one can try again tomorrow and try again tomorrow after that if lose again and again... No new comer coming to replace anyway so why worry/hurry ? To what I heard, Lee Chong Wei is the only one who's willingly to work extra hard and willingly to accept new technique and idea ... The good news is, now we have Lee Chong Wei and the bad news is Lee Chog Wei is all we got now in MS :crying:

13. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Actually I am worry that LCW may have overworked himself. He is ranked 1st because he has entered more Opens than LD this year and probably due to the WC in Madrid.

It is a fine line between well prepared and over committed.

14. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

overall LD has a slight (very slight) edge over LCW, the ultimate advantage of LD would be his attack. Although LCW's defense is good but the ongoing results proved that in order to win attacking is very important. LCW's constant defensive shots give a very good game to the spectators, but the results are always in favor of LD.

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    As People have stated previousely LCW is better than LD in almost all aspects of the Game. He has better deception, Faster, technique and bigger smash.

LCW has a problem in that he does not use these advantages together well enough, by way of shot selection, thinking his way round the court etc... IMO it is not mental strength so much that lets him down.

LD Does this aspect much better, and this compensates for his inferiority Skills wise in the games.

If LCW coordinates his skills better watch out!!

16. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

WCH is a also a hardworking player. too bad he is injured.

17. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    It's clear that LD's biggest advantage over LCW is his MENTAL TOUGHNESS. That's why LD's ability to remain focused and play his game consistently has made him the best men's singles player in the world today. My logical choice as to who has the best chance of winning the WC this year is LD.

On the other hand LCW is more entertaining to watch especially when he's in the "ZONE". I personally look forward to watching his awesome display of skill. Too bad however that more often than not, we only get to witness LCW in his best when he plays in his home turf.

I hope that LCW finally develops the mental toughness he needs to put on a great show and win the gold in the coming WC.

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

As i had said b4, LCW no longer has the weak mental issue. If u hv watch his great match comeback against CJ in HKO u'll know what i mean, so i dont agree that he can only play the best back home. However, i do agree that LD's shot consistency is slightly better than LCW which explains how he lost to Lin. Anyway LCW is has been constantly improving since MO, so we shall see what happens in WC :eek:

19. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Yeah, LCW just need to reduce those mad shots that are not even close to the sidelines...

20. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst

Well I think LCW is hoping for a screw up from LD to be more aggressive.